rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

My problem is ... how can anyone test any patch put out if most of the game servers WILL NOT update to the current server code? Kind of hard to test fixes and new additions from a patch when the all the servers you log onto are still running the server code that causes issues.

Set your server name filter to 1.7.1.4 and then just click any of the servers that come up. There's shit tonnes of them.

All I found after joining was that there's a 'shit tonne' of servers that haven't updated properly.

Still cannot pick up hatchets....

Nevermind, I had to drop BOTH my primary and secondary weapon to get it to work

Zombies detect from too far a distance. Every time I log in, I am unconscious(without shock). When I play the game using Steam, I spawn perfectly fine but I am instead invisible.

Rocket' date=' I got 2 small suggestions.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar

[/quote']

^^ this is the reason I will always sift through all the replies.

thank you good Sir! Keep up the good work! /bow

Some things i noticed today..

1) People with weapons etc hunting down new spawners on the beach. Really sucks being defenseless but makes sense so its like hmmm...

2) Noise and Sight are WAYY too touchy. I dont want the zombies to be bumbling idiots like before but now they have superman senses(ok maybe thats a bit too exaggerated) but still' date=' personally i feel it needs some new tweaking.

3) Gender select menu pops up EVERY TIME i spawn for some reason. Maybe bug, maybe not.

4) Zombies dying inside buildings. Perhaps it was because there was 12 zombies chasing me but they all entered the house i was in(black/drk brown house) and then 4 of them died. I assume its because of the hallway they were in, all bunched up. Just wanted to report that.

Now some ideas that may be great or shit...everyone else can decide.

1) Make the flashlight a melee weapon. I know its somewhat absurd but have you ever held a maglight(yes i know the flashlight in this game isnt one but im sure it could be). I get the need for stealth in a Z apoc but leaving noobs defenseless is just...well...a little too mean? People are out for blood in this MOD and the new ones should at least have a minuscule fighting chance.

2) Obviously just tweak the values. IMO zombies are attracted to SCENT and SOUND. Perhaps a new mechanic? I dont know...i jsut think thios may be tweaked a bit too high.

#) and most important...the hostile survivors. I get people are going to troll for fun and kill for no reason but something NEEDS to be done. The server max out at 50 people. There's no reason 45 should be hostile and not be hold somewhat accountable. I understand that the heartbeat feature was supposed to...i dunno..help? I just think its somewhat counter productive to have to place my crosshairs on someone to see if they are friendly or not. The bandit skin auto change was bad, but good in a way. At least there was no question.

Personally i dont want to play this game like its the next FPS, thats what i go to ArmA 2 for(domination and insurgency). It's really fun to meet people and survive. In an apocalypse i have to assume peopel would work together a little more than this.

Hopefully if the zombies are going to stay the way they are it will encourage people to work together but perhaps there needs to be better incentive to band together. Perhaps an adjusted spawn rate on items if in a group. Perhaps a better lobby to assign actual groups. That way if a "group" is near loot thers a 5% better chance or something?

I dont know. Hopefully my rambling makes sense or at least inspires something, although im sure it will jsut get lost in the suckers going "Game is bad pl0x, CoD noob"

Thank you, and goodnight!

[/quote']

No. Nothing needs to be done to hostile survivors. It is fine right now, people getting shot and robbed like they would be in real life. There is no room for the weak.

i love pvp. but spawn camping does need to go. spawning is something that has to happen to play a game, but camping these areas is for cowards. it should be a against the law. there have been games where spawn camping was a bannable offense.

can i play now without loosing my gear or still not???????????

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines. If we didn't reset your inventory then you wouldn't be able to login. Some of you are still running old versions of dayz_equip' date=' and are still having the same issues. You guys need to update. I played for an hour with basically no issues just before.

[/quote'] - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15967&pid=147206#pid147206

Im thinking this means if SOME of you picked up a hachet or crowbar in 1.7.1.2 then your fecked ?

If you wanna save your weapons though hernandez i would wait until more servers have properly updated THIER files. Leave it until tomorrow.

If you wanna Alpha test though then jump straight in :P

- Shitload of empty Tin Cans spawning. Way too much 2 round double barrel ammo.

Similar experience here on two different servers allegedly running 1.7.1.4. Only a small sample as i didn't get to far ... still not accustomed to new Zs.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar

[/quote']

^^ this is the reason I will always sift through all the replies.

What could the crowbar do in the utility slot other than be equippable as a melee? Tear down barb wire/sandbags? Maybe add strong boxes or crates with high-quality loot that can only be looted with a crowbar? No idea how hard that would be...

Melee weapons should never go to the utility slot.

Why the one handed chopping hatched mutated into a two handed killer melee weapon is beyond me.

Why can't we have the normal hatched for wood cutting and one big ass two handed axe for melee?

I mean it is like... 5 slots?... to have a device to cut wood now. Hunting is pretty much useless again. For the hatched plus wood I need 7 slots.

Sorry rocket. Not playing this as it stands. The zombies just spotted me through thick pine forest + wooden house when i was crouchwalking. That is just a too big detection radius. Needs nerfing.

Hi, I don't know if this has been reported before but here is what I found so far :

- All the bars in Cherno seem to have flies around the back entrance but there is no body to be found. Happened in a lot of places.

- Since 1.7.1.1 I have had player bodies crashing my client whenever I come near. Note that this only happens to a few player bodies.

Keep up the good work.

PLEASE NOTE:

The majority of bugs posted' date=' which I just dedicated an hour of my life to researching, are because server admins have not installed the 1.7.1.3 (there is no server 1.7.1.4) files.

If you run the server on an old version you're gonna have a bad time. There is not currently any way for the clients (you guys) to tell if a server is running old code. But the vast swathe of bugs reported here are because server owners need to ensure they update dayz_server.pbo and not just update all the other files because its easier or because they think 1.6.0.1 was rad.

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines. If we didn't reset your inventory then you wouldn't be able to login. Some of you are still running old versions of dayz_equip, and are still having the same issues. You guys need to update. I played for an hour with basically no issues just before.

THE ALL SEEING ROCKET HAS SPOKEN. It's the server admins faults there are no bugs in the game at all * snicker * everything is fine now.

[/quote']

there is a stealing inventory bug, i think. i was laying down on the stairs in the control tower an the ne airport, saw a dude crouching next to the hanger. i was able to through the window and that far away open his alice pack and steal all his ammo and food. i couldnt stop laughing as i took a shot (not to kill him, just to scare him) and watched him run away wondering where all his ammo is. not the same thing you guys are talking about, separate issue i know, but still a stealing inventory bug!

Love the update ^^

One bug; Poor FPS while being chased by a large crowd of zombies. (on Intel i7 2600k + GTX580, so it's not my hardware.)

Another bug; Zombies seem to aggro while i'm inside a building from quite a distance outside but will rarely enter the building to get me. (Only seen this in barns so far.)

One piece of criticism; This isn't specific to this hotfix but while i'm here, why no starter weapon? :( Not even a little knife :(

"You cannot place a tent here. The area must be flat, and free of other objects"

In every server. All the time. Anywhere, forest or valley plane without any object close to hundreds of meters.

Someone more than me and a dozen friends who play every day... someone has this major problem???

there is a slealing inventory bug' date=' i think. i was laying down on the stairs in the control tower an the ne airport, saw a dude crouching next to the hanger. i was able to through the window and that far away open his alice pack and steal all his ammo and food. i couldnt stop laughing as i took a shot (not to kill him, just to scare him) and watched him run away wondering where all his ammo is. i call that a bug.

[/quote']

That is not a bug, you are able to go through other people's backpacks and either take things or put things in, that is part of the game, if your dumb enough to let someone you don't know or trust stand right next to you and steal your stuff, that is your problem.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar, and also as a future feature / suggestion, you can make the crowbar able to pry open locked doors (like when you make all the unenterable buildings enterable) or make it so you can lock doors as a future feature, could also use the crowbar to break / pry things as well? (ie if you eventually make it so you can make keys for and lock vehicles, or if you make like lockable boxes, crates, chests, etc that you can store things in)

[/quote']

I agree, and I also think this should work for the flashlight. It's definitely a utility and would be nice to be able to carry without it taking up half the backpack space.

That is not a bug' date=' you are able to go through other people's backpacks and either take things or put things in, that is part of the game, if your dumb enough to let someone you don't know or trust stand right next to you and steal your stuff, that is your problem.

[/quote']

As I read it, he meant he was looking through the window in the control tower, and opened the guy's pack, who was all the way over at a hangar. That's what, 60-70m at least?

Zombie detection is off, and my friend's confirmed it too. He actually spawned on an island and while swimming to the shore had zombies running into the water after him, from the mainland.

Sorry rocket. Not playing this as it stands. The zombies just spotted me through thick pine forest + wooden house when i was crouchwalking. That is just a too big detection radius. Needs nerfing.

I'm still going to play, but I agree, the agro range of zeds is a little too much right now. I can avoid them, yes, but nobody wants to crawl prone for hundreds of metres; it's not tense and it's not fun. Similarly, crouch walking is far too easily detected as you said, and when they inevitably see you it's not frustrating because it happens too much... it's just plain boring.

They needed to be able to detect you a bit more because avoiding them was too easy around the ~1.6 versions, but I feel this is too much.

On a side note, I noticed that my visibility when crouch running is exactly the same as when I'm crouch walking; only my audibility changes. Is this new or is it a bug?

As I read it' date=' he meant he was looking through the window in the control tower, and opened the guy's pack, who was all the way over at a hangar. That's what, 60-70m at least?

[/quote']

Ok so the distance is bugged not the action.

That is not a bug' date=' you are able to go through other people's backpacks and either take things or put things in, that is part of the game, if your dumb enough to let someone you don't know or trust stand right next to you and steal your stuff, that is your problem.

[/quote']

As I read it, he meant he was looking through the window in the control tower, and opened the guy's pack, who was all the way over at a hangar. That's what, 60-70m at least?

that is exactly what i meant.

I cannot sneak at all, in forest on soft grass when crouchwalking i still generate enough sound to attract zombies and get killed! And crouchrun is like sprinting right now! I press wrong key once and zombies from near town start runing at me. I dont mind no weapon start but this make it unplayable.

Wow zombies are even more hard and still no gun. They spot you from 3 miles away right now. Hate to say this but this game is getting worse with every update :(

I also must echo other replies about Zeds aggroing from extremely far away. Crouch walking in a grocery store and I pulled 5+ zeds' date=' not even crouch running but walking and I pull an entire town. The only way to not pull a single zed is to crawl every where and in every building. Not sure what has changed from 1.7.1.2 since that was working great, but now it's impossible to go through or near a town.

[/quote']

This is a big concern for me. When the 1.7.1.1 update came I found it less than enjoyable trying to play with such insane zombie aggro but then when 1.7.1.2 came out it fixed the problem perfectly and actually made the whole zombie evasion mechanic better than it ever had been before. When I was playing earlier today it would have been my most rewarding experience with this game yet had it not been for the server crashes every few minutes (still had a blast though nonetheless) I really feel that increasing the perceptions of the zombies to superhuman levels again will be extremely detrimental to the gameplay. Hope it's something that will soon be tweaked to perfection.

The main problem I have with the super aggro zombies is that it seems to remove all the tension from the game. If it's impossible to get through a town without alerting a horde then your only choice is to run/gun your way through. If everyone ends up forced into a constant run/gun situation then I feel the game would become something very different from it's current direction.