rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

Rocket' date=' I got 2 small suggestions.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar, and also as a future feature / suggestion, you can make the crowbar able to pry open locked doors (like when you make all the unenterable buildings enterable) or make it so you can lock doors as a future feature, could also use the crowbar to break / pry things as well? (ie if you eventually make it so you can make keys for and lock vehicles, or if you make like lockable boxes, crates, chests, etc that you can store things in)

Would also be nice in the future if the zombies had to break down doors etc instead of opening them or just walking through them.

[/quote']

The engine might prevent that and that's why he has it the way it is. Not sure. Anyways, if what your suggesting is in fact an engine limitation, then I think the hatchet should at least go in the sidearm slot. It shouldn't take up the main weapon slot just to get wood for cooking.

possibly, just a suggestion, just throwing it out there!

The functional crowbar was an awesome idea. I wonder if we'll ever get to use it in ways other than melee :huh:

PLEASE NOTE:

The majority of bugs posted' date=' which I just dedicated an hour of my life to researching, are because server admins have not installed the 1.7.1.3 (there is no server 1.7.1.4) files.

If you run the server on an old version you're gonna have a bad time. There is not currently any way for the clients (you guys) to tell if a server is running old code. But the vast swathe of bugs reported here are because server owners need to ensure they update dayz_server.pbo and not just update all the other files because its easier or because they think 1.6.0.1 was rad.

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines. If we didn't reset your inventory then you wouldn't be able to login. Some of you are still running old versions of dayz_equip, and are still having the same issues. You guys need to update. I played for an hour with basically no issues just before.

[/quote']

Rocket, how many people have you resetted?

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar

[/quote']

^^ this is the reason I will always sift through all the replies.

Is the FPS lag after being chased by zombies also because server admins havent updated?

After zombies chase you, you go hide behind corner, they go investigate, fps drops to 5-10. After relog (zombies disappear) its very smooth again.

Hey Rocket' date='

I am thinking it might be a good time to split your code into channels, one called stable and one called dev, this lets you put out a stable release for people that want to just play, and the rest that want to report bugs and test can run on dev. The whole "it's alpha" thing doesn't work when you have such a large userbase that just wants to play. From the sounds of it you are struggling with code management too, having to release big fixes with new features because you can't separate the new code. Proper version control systems such as git make this stuff pretty easy to manage.

I know this might seem like an early step to take at this point, but making the leap to stable/dev channels will make everyones lives easier.

[/quote']

I like this idea, players that just want to play can do so while people who want to help can test. Complaints should minimize and testing should be faster and more concise.

Sry, but: no. This is an alpha. This might be okay during a beta, but seriously it's an alpha version. We are supposed to test it!

Just because it's alpha does not mean it can skip important stuff like version control and code management.

Stealth wasn't nerfed, living was.

On another note, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about bugs that 1.7.1.3 was supposed to have fixed, what gives?

Edit: NM, just saw Rockets post about stupid server admins not updating their sever properly. It's the same as joining a server that was the 1.7.1.2 version in server title, but was only 1.7.1.1.

Rocket.. may I know how many people/characters you have resetted?

My PC feel bad after this new update (1.7.1.4). My system freeze with no apparent reason and i can't even see BSOD. Oh and another thing. I can't get an axe from the ground. May be an axe issue will fix itself after respawn, need to check later (really good on ammo and gear atm).

Low FPS still there dude =/

Dunno why, i have 10 FPS now, i was with 50+ in the old versions.

Hell' date=' it's what Eve Online has been doing for half a decade.[/quote']

EVE Online is not in an ALPHA but in full release

Alpha, beta, it doesn't matter. You either use good coding practice or you don't, through out the development life cycle. In fact its better to implement these systems as early as possible as then you can get the benefits straight away. So the "it's an alpha hurr durr" response is no use to the discussion. Obviously there is problem with code management if Rocket can't separate out bugfix code from new feature code. full stop.

So after the dust has settled, do the zombies still have superhuman vision or was that a server error?

I hope the zeds aren't supposed to detect you This easy. Awesome updates besides that one (imo)

im sure others have mentioned the fps issue when they look for you etc

My problem is ... how can anyone test any patch put out if most of the game servers WILL NOT update to the current server code? Kind of hard to test fixes and new additions from a patch when the all the servers you log onto are still running the server code that causes issues.

I also must echo other replies about Zeds aggroing from extremely far away. Crouch walking in a grocery store and I pulled 5+ zeds, not even crouch running but walking and I pull an entire town. The only way to not pull a single zed is to crawl every where and in every building. Not sure what has changed from 1.7.1.2 since that was working great, but now it's impossible to go through or near a town.

My problem is ... how can anyone test any patch put out if most of the game servers WILL NOT update to the current server code? Kind of hard to test fixes and new additions from a patch when the all the servers you log onto are still running the server code that causes issues.

Set your server name filter to 1.7.1.4 and then just click any of the servers that come up. There's shit tonnes of them.

[/quote']

What could the crowbar do in the utility slot other than be equippable as a melee? Tear down barb wire/sandbags? Maybe add strong boxes or crates with high-quality loot that can only be looted with a crowbar? No idea how hard that would be...

Set your server name filter to 1.7.1.4 and then just click any of the servers that come up. There's shit tonnes of them.

That's the problem, They say they are 1.7.1.4 servers but some lazy admins just updated the files but the actual server code, that's why things have been going so nuts this patch.

Played for an Hour now.

Noticed some things.

- Shitload of empty Tin Cans spawning. Way too much 2 round double barrel ammo. examply : found 3 double barrels + ammo in a stable.

- zombie aggro. It's getting to where it should be I think. Just need to fine tune it DOWN a bit. It's really really hard to get to anything to loot this way especially if you have Zeds in almost every lootable building.

Their abbility to see/hear you through a building/a wall as if there was no building/wall is what it kills it for me right now. If you get that fixed it'll be way better and far more playable.

- server Lag. Don't know...maybe we just had a bad server. But we kept getting major lags at random.

- this is part of the zombie aggro problem I think. you can't crawl into a building. My character always stands up when trying to crawl into a building. wich , of course , pulls aggro.

Other than thet I haven't noticed anythin horribly wrong or bad.

Although....haven't played with the crowbar or hatchet in fear of loosing my equipment =)

[/quote']

What could the crowbar do in the utility slot other than be equippable as a melee? Tear down barb wire/sandbags? Maybe add strong boxes or crates with high-quality loot that can only be looted with a crowbar? No idea how hard that would be...

(strong boxes with good loot) i like that idea

Right now I see about 20 of them (I also filter out locked, full, and ping over 250), and none of them are joinable. Just spent 20 minutes trying to get in-game after updating my files, with no luck. I'll try again in a couple hours when more server hosts get on the ball.

Most of the 20ish servers I did see were european (and a few thailand), so maybe they're just more on top of it because in their timezone it's evening, and it's still work-day hours here in the states.

I've got a quick question about updating. Last I time I played, I think it was 1.7.1.1. When I logged off, I had a hatchet in a tool slot (as usual, since it was introduced), and the rest of my inventory was full. What will happen when I log in with the latest update? Will I just drop the hatchet, or will it take up inventory space and cause me to loose other items? Or will something else happen?

I'm thinking of just finding a sever running an old version, reverting if needed, dropping the hatchet, then updating to 1714. Will this avoid any loot lose/resetting issues?

I have the filter set to that. But I get into a server I am spawned in the middle of no where. I run back to the map and find a town. I find a building and run up in it, during this whole time I have not see a zombie or any loot. I log off that server and log back in and I am back out in the middle of no where. I log off, find another server, log on and I am out in the middle of no where. I have repeated these steps on dozens of servers claiming to have the 1.4 update and it is always the same.

Not sure if this matters but when I look around on these servers I notice that my character is not showing a shadow on the ground but the gun on his back does show a shadow on the ground.