Michaelvoodoo25

Where are the Mod's new maps?

I have been around a while now and have wondered where all the new maps are for the Mod?

there was a few times when new maps were released but lately there has been nothing! Does this mean people are not bothered with the Mod like before or are the stock of maps all released?

Is anyone working on the difficult task of making maps? care to share? Do you have plans, have you started a map but given up?

Where are all the new maps? Surely the SA hasn't stopped everyone from releasing new maps?

New maps are usually maps made prior to DayZ ported into the mod.

You can find a lot of 'em at www.armaholic.com.

I could be wrong but I thought most of the maps that were suited for DayZ were already ported. I remember seeing a lot of small maps and not a lot of large ones that would work well with DayZ.

Maps from scratch can take a long time to do properly.

• Like 1

dude, dayz commander>install/update tab> scroll down.

there must be at least 15 options

What maps have you tried?

Without going into detail, all the ones on the DB and D.C. Reason I was asking was D.C. and community had releases regularly then lately there seems to be none?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Without going into detail, all the ones on the DB and D.C. Reason I was asking was D.C. and community had releases regularly then lately there seems to be none?

I suppose the guys who really enjoy making them have stopped for a while. We'll have to see

alot with wait or see if the standalone will support new maps why waste time making a map only for the mod to die off when standalone is out.

standlone must have other maps than churn or it wont last long.

Like someone else said - they're all just ARMA 2 user created maps that were ported in to DayZ. I don't think any of them were designed specifically for DayZ.

they're all just ARMA 2 user created maps that were ported in to DayZ.

Just jumping on top of this, they probably ran out of maps and are either working on their own or just have been busy.

Just jumping on top of this, they probably ran out of maps and are either working on their own or just have been busy.

Well that and the community is pretty divided with the 15-20 mods and maps that we already have. The players are starting to be spread too thin, I'm not sure that we need any more maps at this point.

Well that and the community is pretty divided with the 15-20 mods and maps that we already have. The players are starting to be spread too thin, I'm not sure that we need any more maps at this point.

Also true, but that also adds to the fact we also have a lower than usual player base due to the hype wearing off leaving us hardcore fans here.

So, were stuck at an issue with each map/mod being released it draws some attention back to the game, but still divides it?

Hello there

As others have said much of the new content/maps was stuff ported from arma2 mods/maps.

The maps themselves take a long time/edumacation/skillz to create/bug fix. AFAIK no major maps have been made specifically for Dayz (namalsk?)

Rgds

LoK

No namalsk actually has its own nice little campaign, I'd suggest trying it.

Actually it has apparently has a few for it.

http://www.nightstal...en_index_nc.php

Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding an old horse. I forgot about that.

L

I am Shocked!

After all the hype and interest of the Mod, that no-one has made a DayZ only map! I can understand the hard work and commitment and also the upcoming SA portability issue question, but I am Suprised to hear no-one has made a DayZ map specifically for the DayZ Mod.

Cheers for the replies, I understand.

I am Shocked!

After all the hype and interest of the Mod, that no-one has made a DayZ only map! I can understand the hard work and commitment and also the upcoming SA portability issue question, but I am Suprised to hear no-one has made a DayZ map specifically for the DayZ Mod.

Cheers for the replies, I understand.

I'm not, honestly. Why design a new map specifically for the mod when it would get more plays for being a map without specifically designed for the mod.