Sign in to follow this  
barrance

Forgive me if im missing something

And also forgive the likelihood that this thread already exists...

But what the fuck??

New starting gear added. ("Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","HandRoadFlare")

Is this actually going to happen in the next update? I have...no idea how that could be justified.

The most notable improvement I ever remember happening to the gameplay in dayz came when they first took the starting makarov away...I mean just...what???? I dont even...

• Like 1

He`s asking why they want to bring the starting makarov back in the upcoming patch.

For me this will not change too much as im playing mostly on private hives with custom startup equip but to be honest i think the idea to bring the makarov back to the public hives is... poo poo.

I started a few days after they took the starting makarov away last year and i am so glad that i could enjoy at least a bit of zombie survival athmosphere when i had to scavenge unarmed. And who knows if i had enjoyed this game so much in the beginning when i could not run from otmel to drakon without beiing pew pewed by multiple fresh spawns with their lady guns... i dont like the idea...

• Like 1

And also forgive the likelihood that this thread already exists...

But what the fuck??

New starting gear added. ("Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","HandRoadFlare")

Is this actually going to happen in the next update? I have...no idea how that could be justified.

The most notable improvement I ever remember happening to the gameplay in dayz came when they first took the starting makarov away...I mean just...what???? I dont even...

Yes, it is stupid - I can guarantee it won't continue the patch after, it's pretty stupid, removing it was one of the better choices they made with the mod.

• Like 1

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage") + 1 Random Start Item: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","HandRoadFlare").

Small Change to start gear. (No Weapon, No Backpack)

Here you go! Due to complaints this will be the new starting gear.

• Like 3

For me this will not change too much as im playing mostly on private hives with custom startup equip but to be honest i think the idea to bring the makarov back to the public hives is... poo poo.

Same here as far as private hives go. To new players, starting with a gun is a good idea. Finding a weapon is a pain in the a$$ for a person new to the game, and could turn people away from it.

But lets face it, this is not going to impact the rest of us because most of us veteran players play on servers with custom load outs.

IMHO, a Makarov is a POS weapon anyway and just draws more zombies to you. But to a noob its better then nothing.

first thing I'd do with it is lob it in the bushes anyway*

*by lob it in the bushes I actually mean, walk to a bush, crouch, press G, click on makarov, click drop :/

Edited by wooly-back-jack
  • Like 1

first thing I'd do with it is lob it in the bushes anyway*

*by lob it in the bushes I actually mean, walk to a bush, crouch, press G, click on makarov, click drop :/

Thank you for clarifying what lob means.*

*by thank you I mean "WTF man? We know what lob means."

• Like 1

sounds like food whiners to me, next update maybe all will spawn with a tank

The Makarov does more harm than good anyway, what a horrible, horrible gun.

Maky is primarilly a Zed head popper when you run inside. Starting with 8 rounds isn't going to change shit. It just makes your first loot grab piss easy. Adding flares and taking away the bag is brilliant.

• Like 1

Here you go! Due to complaints this will be the new starting gear.

As Zarniwoop pointed out, the makarov will NOT be in the next patch.

* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage") + 1 Random Start Item: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","HandRoadFlare").

Small Change to start gear. (No Weapon, No Backpack)

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 2

Works for me.

Start will nothing and have to work or fight for every piece of gear.

• Like 1

Spawning with flashlights is a good idea. Since they actually turn on about 10% of the time anyway

Once again the whiners get what they want. I dont really care that much since i play on a private hive, but really ?. A makarov couldnt kill a hooker if you shoot her in the eye at 1 cm distance. Razor even said that you wouldnt start with enough ammo for a shoot out. Whiners wil be whinning.

Disagree. So glad theyve gotten rid of it again. Made SUUUCH a difference to reducing coast KOS mentality. Completely transformed the game when they originally put it in "hardcore mode". Glad the best mod update is getting reupdated!

I like the new starting-gear better than the old one. But bandage + random (flashlight,knife,matches) would help out more.

painkillers are pretty useless unless you already have a gun; the second bandages wont help out either and roadflares, atm, are more like cans and razors than real items...

Before they add stuff people can't use, maybe just bandages + chemlight when you spawn during nighttime and bandages + bandages if you spawn during daytime. So at least we'd start with a balanced amount of nothing.

At least the G17 will likely never show up as starting gear. In desperation I recently shot down a boar at over 100 meters with it. A Makarov can be quite deadly, even at some distance if one has used it extensively. The low magazine capacity seems to have a negative psychological effect on most. Just as well, I'd rather it did not become starting gear.

Thank you for clarifying what lob means.*

*by thank you I mean "WTF man? We know what lob means."

I thought Lob was another word for "wang" it? Not place something in a bush?

I don't get why peeps feel the need to start with any gear? If you actually travel around and search for stuff, u will find it.

Some of my most memorable starts are when I take an early hit and have to desperately run around searching for a bandage or hope that I get the miracle blood clot. To then be eunning around in black and white while hoping you don't faint in view of a Z. It's very satisfying when you are able to get your blood topped up by your own merits.

Maybe most r just conditioned by every other shooter and dont realize this game isn't like all the rest. Perhaps most only play because this is on the hot side of the list. I think the private hive player numbers are a clear indication that most really don't want to be playing DayZ.

• Like 1

I agree with you JubeiDOK. I also think it is a subculture within a subculture. DayZ gives a player much latitude to approach and play it in many ways. Sure, a player must eat, drink and avoid danger in order to survive, but just outside the sphere of that cycle is plenty of room to do as one pleases. Also, trends have much to do with it. I think that the longest I have ever played on a 200 vehicle/M4SD starting gear server was less than a few hours, and was very early into my DayZ life. The ability to try so many helicopters, ground vehicles and weapons was great, but after a bit the game felt like a flight sim, or a racing sim or a shooting range. Some gamers just seem to want to cut out the early game stage and go directly to end game. I do not agree with that, but since the mechanics exist to allow for it, there's little to be done.

Running a server is fun, but honestly, it is not as enjoyable as logging into a server blind and unable to know what to expect either from the player community there, or the admins, or many other factors. I think the experience should be as difficult and horror movie like as possible, yet that does not really suit everyone evidently which is no surprise.

Were the game to more directly enforce a greater challenge which could not be altered by scripting, but still provide open world freedom, then I imagine some or many would complain and then leave it. Overall, the game is what you make it for yourself and that is largely determined by which server you find a DayZ home on.

I like it, it'll be much more dangerous for the bitches (not bandits) camping the coastal towns like Cherno and Elektro because they can easily be killed from behind