Mr Yoloswag

Best gun for player hunting

Just cause you don't know how to use mildots and don't know bullet drop, doesn't make the gun bad. I know good snipers who've gotten kills up to 1500 meters away.

A few weeks ago I was playing ARMA2 domination on a server which allowed me to take a DMR... I could nail any target from 999 meters down, but out of 100 shots that I took above 1000 meters, none of them seemed to hit.

And at 900 meters you're pretty much at the bottom of the scope anyway...

I don't know for sure that there is an "effective" range and everything beyond that just doesn't hit, but it sure felt like it after a few hours of sniping AI's

I'm calling shenanigans on the 1500 meter claim (though wtf do I know).

EDIT: assuming your claim was that it was a DMR... I think I've hit pretty damn close to 1500 with the AS50

I'll take a DMR over almost any zero-able sniper in the game.

Edited by TheLastEmp

My favourite gun for banditry is M14 good for medium/long range engagements, i never snipe unarmed player's, i only kill for supplies

Preferred Loadout w/reasoning

Primary: 1'st: Bizon SD (64 BPM + Suppressor = 64 HS. Plenty to go around) 2'nd: FN FAL (when in doubt, give em' a mellonballer). 3'rd: Anything

Backup Primary: 1'st: SVD (Built in Rangefinder FTW) 2'nd: M4A3 CCO (duh. nuff said) 3'rd: FN FAL AN/PVQ-4 (don't ask)

Secondary: Makarov SD. Accept No Substitute. Suppressed + 1300 blood per shot (vs M9SD's 980ish) and it can use standard Big Mak Attak magazines.

looool. on Utes, I actually shot down a chopper with an M136. Everyone pretty much stopped fighting just to stare at it as it went down.

My  favorits are

DMR  Very veritile

FN fall very aqurate and powerfull as fuck

And finaly the le enfield, a extremely under estimated gun. Its aqurate powerfull and your oponents wery ofen undermestiate the threth you pose when your caring a lee.

SVD SD or DMR, M4 CCO SD, and PDW would be my setup. 

I like the SVD for general player hunting with a small group since it's better to be unseen/heard incase you're out numbered or in a heavily trafficked area.

The DMR is my ideal weapon for large squad hunts since I get the luxury of being loud with no real worries. Designated fire team with silenced weapon switches? Zombies are no problem for me sitting in a tree in the back.

The  SVD SD Camo combined with a ghillie if I could get my hands on one. Excellent range, easy to use and hard to spot in the hills (and zombies won't run at you).