Sign in to follow this  
Naike

Slowed down zombies mode. (Possible for SA?)

I absolutely have no idea if this has been suggested yet.

BUT what I am quite sure of is that some people want the same experience as in The Walking Dead TV-Series. This game already is intense even with the fast zombies but just for The Walking Dead fans this might sound great. Some of the zombies in the show almost seem to hog so a little advantage for them xD.

Anyway now you are thinking: "Are you kidding me? This just makes the game easier!"

The way we can make this harder is the AMOUNT of zombies and their senses. There should be alot of them, they should get curious out of almost every sound (Make them walk in the direction they heard it coming from.) Also their eyesight should be better than the ones that are in DayZ right now. But that's not everything! Infection chance.

You should be able to get infected too and no way out. You would have to avoid zombies most of the time because even a scratch can get you infected.

I don't know any more of this but you should see "signs" of the infection with your character etc.

Tell me what you guys think.

• Like 2

I think it would be interesting if admins on private servers could change the zombie settings. Fast or slow, headshots needed, amount, infection risk. I like your idea, but there can be more than just these two presets if we are given more options.

• Like 2

I would love to see this happen, Larger groups of zombies that can only be killed through headshot, but just hobble along walking dead style, the fear is going into a city and getting completly overwhelmed and needing to flee or be overrun. there are very few of these moments in the current build of DayZ and they are just so exciting! I want more of that fear of actually getting overran by walking corpses...

Edited by crosa

+1 for this idea.

I would ideally like to see indigenous at varying levels of decay:

• Newly infected would be extremely fast and agile, but can be killed if hit with enough rounds.
  • Once the infection has established itself, the host will then move at a slower pace that will require more accurate placement of shots to the centre mass
  • Once the infection has killed the host, they become the traditional walking dead; slow moving but deadly up close. Precision headshots would be the only takedown.

It would force survivors into taking a more tactical approach when surrounded by NPCs of varying degrees of infection.

Edited by John Smith
  • Like 1

i myself have experimented with this somewhat just to see if the amount of zombies would change the feeling ..i made 1 town that had about 500 zombies (obviously a stupid large amount)

and the feeling of having that larger amount of zombies chasing you is a game changing feeling.. at 1 point about 300 chasing me. Would be nice if the roaming hordes were in the hundreds and HAD to be avoided

Roaming hordes! Thats what I forgot. Wouldn't it be amazing if there were a couple of large hordes on highways/in forests etc.

Making alot of sound in a city could be critical, if the horde changes it's path (if close).

I'm a TWD fan, but I strongly disagree with this.. Currently, you don't even need to bother with the zombies. You can just run right trough. You can either stop them from chasing you once you get to woods and zig-zag in some bushes, or then just simply run in a building and run out.

This has been done to death in literally dozens of other posts, it is also unlikely that this would be feasible on the arma engine as more zombies equals more ram usage and more ram usage equals worse fps and the like. Even in shows like the walking dead zombies are only even a threat when A, they are in huge numbers or B they catch the characters off guard, even then they would be no threat if Rick and the gang where all immune to the virus. In a game like Day Z where immunity is a key factor of the gameplay the slow zombies are just not feasible, as there would need to be literally hundreds roaming the streets to pose any significant threat to the immune survivor.

I love the Walking Dead and i understand your desire to have a more Walking Dead feel in the game, however Dayz is more based on the 28 Days Later infected - as stated by Rocket himself.

they are Fast, furious, and angry. if they see you, unless you kill/disable them all - you're dead.

in standalone(based on what i saw for the new AI pathing), if an infected sees you or detects you, you will have a hard time losing him.

i but i agree that in both scenarios (unless part of the story line is we are immune), infection should mean death - always. Only difference is slow death (walking dead) or fast death (28 Days later)

I think this is already confirmed, the slow zombies part anyways

I think this is already confirmed, the slow zombies part anyways

What's confirmed? He never showed the zombie in full frenzied mode. It was crouched and not running at full speed. I'm sure they will be nearly as fast as players in frenzie mode; which equals fast zombies.

I think it would be interesting if admins on private servers could change the zombie settings. Fast or slow, headshots needed, amount, infection risk. I like your idea, but there can be more than just these two presets if we are given more options.

That's a cool idea.

I've always thought fast zombies were far more terrifying, though, I can't see why anyone in their right mind would rather face off against fast zombies but I have heard people say that very thing on multiple occasions. :huh:

The main reason against having slow zombies is that there would have to be a massive amount of zombies for it to be dangerous and that would be problematic in terms of performance.

The zombie was in his "loitering" animation in the video, so they will be just as fast when they're pissed off.

The zombie was in his "loitering" animation in the video, so they will be just as fast when they're pissed off.

Loitering means hanging around and doing nothing...like kids in a shopping mall.

That is clearly not his fastest speed, it is his slowest.

For those who english is a second language, here is the definition:

Loitering:

• Stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose.
  • Travel indolently and with frequent pauses: "they loitered along in the sunshine, stopping at the least excuse".

Edited by Bubbajones

Loitering means hanging around and doing nothing...like kids in a shopping mall.

That is clearly not his fastest speed, it is his slowest.

For those who english is a second language, here is the definition:

Loitering:

• Stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose.
  • Travel indolently and with frequent pauses: "they loitered along in the sunshine, stopping at the least excuse".

You misunderstood my post.. I meant they will be just as fast AS CURRENTLY(I should have added this) when they're PISSED OFF

I have been looking for a game for the Xbox 360 which is similar to what you're suggesting, but there wasn't any, so people recommended me to check out DayZ. I checked out a couple of the gameplay videos on YouTube and realized that the zombies moved at a fast pace, which was pretty upsetting.

The ability to choose the speed and amount of zombies would be great, especially for fans of The Walking Dead TV series. I understand that DayZ is based around the movie '28 Days Later', but giving us the ability to choose our own options would be highly appreciated.

I realize that this thread was created in April, so I'm a little bit late on the discussion, but I read the pinned thread within the suggestions section and I was notified to contribute to an existing thread, rather than to create a new one; so here I am!

Edited by MechanicXBL

One reminder...they are not Zombies... Doesn't matter if you are a real zombie fanatic ( i also like TWD btw.. ) the game is as it is. If you want zombies either play L4D or Dead Island or a zombie mod of either one of the modern warfare games.

I personally would love to have to hit the zombies more than just once if you don't hit a vital area...why? They don't really seem to feel pain because they are in rage. So unless you really kill them they would still try to get to you.

I want to have a zombie speed that is normal running but not a full on sprint. From what I understood they are fast as they are now because they could never keep up from the path finding system so they had to run faster to do so. Now if it was fixed they should have like a jog which may be slightly faster then running but slightly slower then a full on sprint.