Sign in to follow this  
YZ250

SA DAYZ Prison Yes or No

Well not a cattle prod (although they'd be cool to find in farm areas) but those electric batons riot police use. Pepper spray would be a nice find there too.

I like the idea of a prison, it would be another place to head for like NWAF. Maybe an armory in it or something like that.

• Like 1

good to see some zombie master mod pics

really takes me back!

• Like 1

a prison wuld definitly add a new dynamic. players could hole up and take it over, players looking for equipment could search guards quarters, maybe even take a tip from merle and find some morphine in prison cells. only problem would be, once it's occupied, it would take a well armed force to assault it.

I would like to see a soviet style prison. A large prison with many buildings and barracks. Like a gulag or something similiar.

2w32kg1.jpg

3107434026_526a5f4053_z.jpg?zz=1

3106600099_ffa5e76d75_z.jpg?zz=1

That style seems more fitting for Chernarus, very cool.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead is a good concept to snag ideas. I really like how they portray the prison. It suits the environment and it's away from some civilization.

Since the prison is on Utes, here's what I thought we should add to the prison. I think the prison should be related to something like Alcatraz.

• Notes/stories lying around in some prison cells, giving us a brief description of their lives in prison before/after the zombie apocalypse.
  • Cafeteria room filled with mostly infected food with diseases.
  • Rodents/bugs.
  • Various cellblocks and other rooms like a mess hall, kitchen, armory.
  • An ability to find keys that go to your toolbelt that can open some prison cells depending on cell blocks(A through D for example)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

The Walking Dead is a good concept to snag ideas. I really like how they portray the prison. It suits the environment and it's away from some civilization.

Since the prison is on Utes, here's what I thought we should add to the prison. I think the prison should be related to something like Alcatraz.

• Notes/stories lying around in some prison cells, giving us a brief description of their lives in prison before/after the zombie apocalypse.
  • Cafeteria room filled with mostly infected food with diseases.
  • Rodents/bugs.
  • Various cellblocks and other rooms like a mess hall, kitchen, armory.
  • An ability to find keys that go to your toolbelt that can open some prison cells depending on cell blocks(A through D for example)

Like your ideas exept the finding keys thing, we dont want dayz to turn into a wow game now do we :)

• Like 1

Just as long as the prison isn't like the Lingor one i will be very happy. To say i was gravely disappointed when i eventually made my way up there is an understatement.

• Like 1

Like your ideas exept the finding keys thing, we dont want dayz to turn into a wow game now do we :)

I think it'd be great to find hidden items or even easter eggs in certain cell blocks, you know what I mean? It doesn't have to be anything down to the ground like how WoW does it. Just something that we could do to kill time when we have nothing else to do in a prison :)

I think it'd be great to find hidden items or even easter eggs in certain cell blocks, you know what I mean? It doesn't have to be anything down to the ground like how WoW does it. Just something that we could do to kill time when we have nothing else to do in a prison :)

Easter eggs now we talking :P

For gameplay purposes I guess it could consist in a "town in it's own" with an ordniary cool russian name.

Moreover, I don't see any bad reasons for not placing it on the shore (south). Given the fact that it can be located near a forest (prison turrets will still be visible many kilometers around)

By the way, sea-prisons look awesome (though, it doesn't have to be exactly close to the sea if its high enough).

Haunted ? don't need to haunt it.

If it's dark enough, your mind will haunt it for you... :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Drakan

Yes

...but before a prision (well they aren't mutally exclusive)...a pawn shop, with a hideen basement with a gimp hanging from the ceiling, who was forgotten during the panic but was infected and hopeless tries to attack you despite his binds.

And! If you can lock people in jail...that was be the best...if there some type of KO function and you could carry people.

Edited by Trizzo

Great to see this thread has some interest.

@ elf cakes, pics are from Zombie Master 2 mate.

Been doing a little more thinking about the SA. Moving away from the Prison Ideas. With all the new housing Apartments and Houses being added to the Map I think there should be a Shopping Mall, the current little Stores just dont cut it for the Size of the population. The Mall would be a great place to gather other resources not just food, like original Dawn of the Dead. Would cater for areas to hold up for while with maybe even 3 or 3 Floors of underground parking and naturally the Chopper Pad on the Roof

Feel free to join our conversations on this and other DayZ topics at www.adrenalinfactor.com

Edited by YZ250

Just as long as the prison isn't like the Lingor one i will be very happy. To say i was gravely disappointed when i eventually made my way up there is an understatement.

I'm still looking for the prision on Lingor :o all I've managed to find so far is a compound with 4 high value millitary barracks! Hardly what you would call a prision now is it???

Those pics Hetstanine put up look pretty nice and having a proper prision(Lingor's excluded) would add a nice touch to the game play for those of us looking for some hardcore action :thumbsup:

Edited by trichome

It is far too hard to keep track of shit anymore.

I know I've heard dean speak of a prison before.

whether or not it was... "we want to include one" or "X is working on one" I don't remember, either way maps can always be updated. initial map of SA alpha build doesn't have to be the final map of chernarus plus.

There's castles and airfields, why not a prison?

Personally I'm hoping they are recreating the Greek prison as a big FU to the appropriate authorities, but I also understand why it might not be wise to do so.

• Like 2

being able to build/or at least barricade a building and use it as your home it's far more realistic and fun than placing tents,so having a huge prison,and the ability to take over some part of it and build a small base inside it,sounds fun.imagine a prison area,that has lots of buildings,like med tents or hospitals,buildings for food and water,2-3 armories and a huge compound,all together are as big as Cherno.and a huge wall around it,with one main entrance and a couple of holes.a huge group could take over the prison and hold it ,using it as a safe from zombies area,so other players could go in by paying a fee,like medical supplies,ammo,or gas.it's gonna take dayz to a whole new level,allowing the roleplayin/survivalistic fans to have a "town" to settle in,and making the bandits to organize and try to take it over,or sneak in and steal stuff.in my head it seems great :P

• Like 1

A Prison would be awesome! Here's my shopping list for Prison design :

-Maze like design where its easy to get lost

-Lots of Corridors, tunnels, Cubby holes, etc

-Areas that have purpose, canteen, security room with Camera monitors.. etc

- Lockable Cell doors so it is possible to lock Players up.

-A fixable diesel generator, allowing lights to be switched on.

-operational spot lights

-operational electric fense

-

I only started watching the Walking Dead a week or two ago. It's pretty good.

The graphic novels are amazing. I still get the monthly comics :)

The graphic novels are amazing. I still get the monthly comics :)

I'm pretty much going about it backwards. I played the Walking Dead game (not the new shitty Activision cash-grab one) and enjoyed the characters and have been getting into the TVseries. I love graphic novels so I'll be reading those too at some point.

Edited by Fraggle

I'd like to see some secret tunnels maybe some prisoners used to escape.

• Like 1

I'd like to see some secret tunnels maybe some prisoners used to escape.

Yeah great Idea, which leads me to wonder if we are eventually going to have a Sewer System, lots of tunnels right there