Sem4ever

People shooting freshspawns

The problem is the apparent 'unwritten laws' of the game. Apparently it's wrong to shoot on sight or kill fresh spawns. Well... It really ain't?

I mean, it sucks if your on the receiving end of some guy camping between Kamenka and Kamorovo, but people do what they want and you just got to find ways to avoid it or fight against it.

If you'd apply real world morals, then yes, shooting people is very very wrong.

But on the other hand it is a game and somehow in games people seems to get used to shoot people even without any real reason.

I'd personally be interested in what people would do in a real life apocalypse.

Edited by Ken Bean

I see alot of "They were dicks" but what if they wanted to become Über bandits or something? Always got to think of that.

Kill count means alot to some people.

For instance Look at inception...and his -1mill humanity or something like that.

He really needs to learn how to play nice with others.

This thread makes me wanna shoot a fresh spawn in the legs.

For instance Look at inception...and his -1mill humanity or something like that.

He really needs to learn how to play nice with others.

That's only for one server, though. On other servers I play differently, and have recently taken the challenge not to kill anyone unless necessary on a particular server.

Yesterday I was running with some other freshspawn along the coast of Cherno. We both said hi and were talking to each other during the run. After reaching the supermarket I saw he picked up a Lee Enfield and I knew he would attempt to kill me. So he took shots at me. I tried to convince him not to shoot at me but he failed to comply. So I killed him with my double barrel.

• Like 2

That's only for one server, though. On other servers I play differently, and have recently taken the challenge not to kill anyone unless necessary on a particular server.

Yesterday I was running with some other freshspawn along the coast of Cherno. We both said hi and were talking to each other during the run. After reaching the supermarket I saw he picked up a Lee Enfield and I knew he would attempt to kill me. So he took shots at me. I tried to convince him not to shoot at me but he failed to comply. So I killed him with my double barrel.

Nice

I think killing other player ist just too easy. It's the "save" way to deal with them. If they are dead, you don't need to worry that they betray you. To counter that, there maybe should be an additional challenge making it harder to kill other player. Besides of real world morals, I dont find it okay that PvP is more rewarding on the one hand and less dangerous on the other.

For me it's proven that you either go out of the way of other player or that they shoot each other. I don't want to be a moral apostel, but most of the time PvP player tend to justify themselfes with that letting other player life, would be too dangerous. This should be tweaked.

In a real world scenario, you would be glad to find another survivor.

Edited by Ken Bean

Day Z is a brutal harsh place to be, it brings out the worst and best in human nature, killing fresh spawns is the worst side it happens (right or wrong) it happens

luckily i avoid hi pop are's at all costs, that includes all military spawn area's as well. my least visited places in this game, NWAF/Cherno/Elektro and NEAF.

Cherno and NEAF i have never been in. I spend my time living/surviving in the wilderness i have food/meds/weapons etc etc, looted from other areas of least population. in my 150 hours i haven't killed anyone yet.

I learnt my Brutal lesson Read my SIG. i'm crazy Jack

Edited by Crazy one

If the game were intended to be a death match, I would have no problem with. I most of the time think, many get that wrong. So yeah, I'm avoiding company the time being. But it greately adds to the thrill, which I wouldn't miss either. A spawn kill wouldn't hurt that much though. You don't lose much gear, just happen to spawn again, it could be worse.

Edited by Ken Bean

I think killing other player ist just too easy. It's the "save" way to deal with them. If they are dead, you don't need to worry that they betray you. To counter that, there maybe should be an additional challenge making it harder to kill other player. Besides of real world morals, I dont find it okay that PvP is more rewarding on the one hand and less dangerous on the other.

I killed only twice non bandits. My experience is another. Make friends on the Server helps you staying alive.

I killed only twice non bandits. My experience is another. Make friends on the Server helps you staying alive.

Yeah, probably depends on your play stile. They also can bring you into trouble. Healing each other can be easier but if you hunt a lot, this is no problem as well.

I just played some DayZ. I decided to go on a private hive where I had no gear. I spawned at balota and ran to the ATC. When I was running there 2 guys (I think fully geared, sounded like they had good guns) killed me. I wasn't even playing for 3 minutes on that server. Are these people "bandits" or just dicks?

A unique blend of both unfortunately for your character

Hmm, maybe I just play it wrong or have strange ideas of the game.

I'm still a noob in this game. :D

But to stay on topic, I wouldn't mind if I got killed just being a Bambi. I'd say I had some bad luck, run into the wrong people, got killed and respawned somewhere else. The random spawn system really has its advantages. So you probably hardly find yourself in a spawn-kill-row. It would be way worse if there were a respawn timer.

So it's quite clever solved, after all.

All though I am a friendly. I play the game expecting to be shot. When I went out of my way to be a hero, I would end up getting shot in the back from fresh spawns as soon as they picked up a weapon. At that point, all my nice gear was thiers. So I stopped being a hero and just surviving. Also Youtube is full of videos of players who find a "friendly" as a bambi and then shoot them in the back the first chance they get.

This whole getting shot thing is what I like. I like to know at any moment I screwed up some where and got complacent. Unfortinatly, most of my deaths were hacker related. Iether from them using ESP and TPing around. Also, many fresh spawns are those who just got killed in a gun fight. So you don't know if they were the bandit or the victom. And with a large number of players who have the Hero skin only to shoot you on site becuase of a false sence of security. It has happend to me on many occasions. "Oh Hi, nice to see another hero out there." BANG. "You fell for it idiot, now I'm going to give you a blood bag and then kill you." Is what one said to me as I laid on the ground knocked out.

It is very hard to trust people, and fresh spawns are no exception. And if you are in electro or cherno as a fresh spawn or not, you are just asking to be killed.

I would have much rather broke your legs and left you there to make the choice of ending your own life.

i rather be killed 9 of 10 times but that one time of ten meet another friendly survivor and run a bit with him then to give in to the paranoia and asshatery that is behind most of the KoS mentality..

i still respect the choice of those players who choose to play as bandits - but as many people stated, there is a difference between banditry and griefing

It only depends on what you carry and where you are.

To me it's:

If you're anywhere armed with a hatchet, you're getting shot.

If you're up North with a poor rifle, you're looked at as a hostile and possibly shot, depends on what you're doing/will do if I show myself.

Edited by Sutinen

i still respect the choice of those players who choose to play as bandits - but as many people stated, there is a difference between banditry and griefing

Bandits KoS, griefers break your legs and bandage you? :lol:

Any one with a hatchet or even a Lee Ienfield realy is not a bambi. Many players prefer the Lee for thier weapon of choice for hunting other players. I stopped being a hero, I no longer go out of my way to help people, and many players out thier bait you with. "Help me, I have a broken leg and can't see, I need blood. I am at (grid coords)" Only to show up and find out you have four bandits aiming at you from a safe locations and no guy at the grid location. It works, I fell for it a few times. So now, I just look at it as, "That guy is SOL, every bandit on the map is headed there, or its already a bait tactic. Going bandit was never my cup of tea, being a hero was. Though, as they say about those people who want to be a hero. "Those who try to be a hero end up dead." I look at this game as what would happen in real life if shit realy hit the fan.

If I run into some one out there though, I will follow them and judge them up before aproaching. I like to play with others, going solo sucks after a while. But other times you find that one "kid", you all know them. They iether wont stop talking in direct when you are in the middle of a hot zone, or the one who sucks so bad, but keeps begging you for help in side chat after meeting them once.

I avoid the coast as much as possible as the coast realy is just a killing field. Only going down here if I want to hook up with a friend, or I am looking for a challenge in surviving.

The only thing that is stupid about killing new spawns is when I was at balota once,a guy saw me while I was unarmed and I ran past him in the hangers clearly away from him

He chased me all around the hangers and behind cars firing his ak until he ran out if ammo, used up a couple of 1911 mags and then ran and picked up a hatchet right next to me that told him I wasn't going to pick up

He wasn't a bad shot even though most his shots missed, I just kept running in and out if cover wasting his ammo all the time telling him he may as well walk away as he just wasted two ak mags on an unarmed player when he may have needed that on a real threat

Next thing as he chases me around a guy with a double barrel runs up and shoots us both

He then goes on to taught the dead ak guy about that he wouldn't have even come to balota if he hadnt wasted his ammo and gave away his position

It's not that people kill unarmed players because they might be a threat

People go out of their way to kill them just to make themselves feel good for killing another player

It happens a lot

Any one with a hatchet or even a Lee Ienfield realy is not a bambi. Many players prefer the Lee for thier weapon of choice for hunting other players.

Agreed, a day or so ago I saw a guy whining in side chat about being killed "when he had nothing". He then went on to say he "only" had a Lee Enfield. "Only"... :rolleyes:

Calm down, it is only a game.

I'd have to disagree with that to a certain extent. ArmAII is a military simulator. It was kinda made to be taken seriously.

However, DayZ is a mod for it, so I guess you could say it's a 'game'.

The guys who saw you on the air traffic control tower were survivors just like you and me. They felt fear, anger and probably had past experiences involving 'fresh spawns' in a military zone. I don't blame them for shooting you, but it's still murder.

Edited by mullraugh

Dude, it's a game. The "military simulator" label is the genre if anything.

And stop with the "if it was intended to be a deathmatch" bs. It's intention is to be a sandbox. So other than being forced to eat and drink by the game, you can do whatever you want. Whether that's kill everyone you see or avoid people entirely.

Edited by SteveLord

At this point in the mod you have your bandits which kill for sport and have fun doing it, then you have people like me who have just been shot too many times while showing trust to someone. Announcing you're friendly means nothing anymore more people would rather just kill you then walk away from the situation. So that being said the mentality on this game is to survive and by any and all means possible.

The only time I had to kill Fresh spawns, was because I was being chased and forced to run to my friends along the beach, and seeing how the server had people spawning with Makarovs, I couldn't risk it. I had blood bags to deliver. Does that make me a dick? Yeah a little bit, I don't go out of my way to kill fresh spawns unless I am at balota or hitting some of the coast line barracks on this servers. It's simple, kill them before they can kill me. Most of the time I tell them to leave. And well being scared, they typically do