Sem4ever

People shooting freshspawns

I think. That people that kill other players that do not threaten them are dicks. Although there could be exceptions to the rule. Like Moss Hearder just pointed out. But I am actually glad that these people hang around predictable areas. It makes them easier to avoid.

I have also found that it is easy to hide in Cherno and Electro if you stay in dead ground. But in the end the biggest problem is dealing with two differnt types of enemies. Namely zombies and other players. With zombies I want to stay in relative open and move very slowly from cover to cover. That makes you an easy target for other players.

The whole point of the game is to get good guns so you and blow peoples heads off harmless or not. It's just a giant contest of who can be the biggest asshole to other players.

(and I love it.)

I may catch grief for this, but I don't care at this point.

I'm really tired of the line "its not how the game was intended to be played". From my understanding this game is supposed to be a sandbox. It's supposed to be played however you and others feel it should be played. This means that if someone wants to shoot everyone they see, they are playing the game the way it was intended for it to be played (ie, however they feel like they want to play it).

Yes its aggravating getting killed on fresh spawn.

Its aggravating getting killed halfway through a character development.

Its aggravating getting killed after you are fully geared up.

If you don't like people killing fresh spawns.... grab the first gun you see and start hunting people that kill fresh spawns.

If you don't like people killing on sight.... grab a gun and start hunting people that kill on sight (there is a communication system in dayz, ask how people died).

Or grab a hatchet and go camp out in the far north, grab food from deer stands, gvozdo and petrovka. Sneak down to polana from time to time to hit the grocery store there (it is usually a whole lot less populated than anywhere else).

It's a sandbox people..... sandbox.

It's not really happened to me that often, certainly not straight after spawning. i'm more likely to be killed by some zombie gltiching bad luck as a fresh spawn, Once really where I had just spawned and I heard in the side chat about a guy using a helicopter as sniping bait I spawned pretty close to the chopper and tried flanking him but didn't flank far enough and he shot me, thing is though I had a pistol and I was trying to kill him so fair enough I suppose. At the same time I didn't really care as I had no loot to loose and my next spawn put me near my mates. I'm far less cautious as a fresh spawn because I have no gear, if I die I might get a better spawn and stumble on some decent loot near that spawn, Like one time where I spawned in Cherno I got killed pretty much straight away, next spawn on the east coast I went inland, went to factory and found a truck with some decent loot.

At the end of the day you don't loose much, what like a minute or two to re-spawn, if the guy is shooting fresh spawns he's probably pretty rubbish at the game, take your new spawn gear up somewhere safe, flank round him and shoot the guy in the back.

Shoot on sight is different, it;s situational, I think in the OP's situation, you were a risk to those guys, They could have I suppose talked to yout to tell you to leave the area but i most cases in my limited experience so far any hesitation is costly and seeing as I'm not too good yet with the aiming/PVP I need every advantage I can get. If a guy doesn't see me and he's going away from me or not going where I'm going I'll let him go, however if he's scouting out the area or going where I'm going then I'll use my advantage to kill him.

Talking generally seems pointless, 1 person in 10 will respond, 1 in a 100 will actually be freindly and correspond. I recently was in the same said tower at Balota looting two dead bodies, a guy started coming up the stairs, he only had an axe. I went on chat and told him I had an M4 and would shoot him if he came up but if he went out onto the airfield where I could see him and let me leave the area he could live and told him there was an AK on one of the bodies I'd leave for him. So what does he do? He comes up the stairs swinging his axe at me, he dies and I hide all 3 bodies. If he waited a few minutes he could have got decently geared up but no he gets the blood lust.