dgeesio

Make private hives come under same rules as public for abuse

okay rather than mentioned said servers it the rules im more concerned about .

alot of abuse can be done in private servers and because they are private they just laugh and say we are private go suck it !

its still part of this game and public servers can get black listed so wh not public servers for abuse. infact most of the abuse is in private servers .

can this be added to standalone if it happens.

now before the we dont abuse rules for as many dont there is that do. so those playing by fair rules wont be effected will they .

can selling weapons be added to this aswell . like one server i was looking at 65 man server they charge twenty dollars a month ! to give snipers on re spawn.

this is a joke just because you are private doesn't give you the right to fleece people for what is already in the game ! set up a few busy servers and you minted for this abuse !

as said before this isnt a few doing this there are hundreds of servers doing this now.

so in short treat all servers private or public with same rules any abuse the server is blacklisted. if you dont abuse the server will be fine. so what s the problem.

Edited by dgeesio

It's their server, that they paid/pay for, no reason to be telling someone what to do with something they bought themselves. If you don't like their server, just join a different one.

Problem solved.

• Like 3

no you fail to get the bigger point .

once people get used to paying for weapons on one server then another does it and it snow balls. it is quite common now in a few more months it will be even more common practice.

what you are doing by selling guns is literally the same as cheating for your own profit. this is bs and wasnt a planned event in the game. 65 man server full all day with people donating how is that covering server costs thats making you money not covering costs you are profiteering from abusing game mechanics and then using the im private you cant touche me !

go joining another server will work in short time but the simple thing is as more do it it will slowly ruin what the game was all about .

ask for donations but giving game altering advantages is a sale and you dont own the merchandise !

It is their server and you can choose if you want to join it or not.

So basically.

alot of abuse can be done in private servers and because they are private they just laugh and say we are private go suck it !

Go suck it :P

Maybe you should rent your own server and run it how you see fit. When you have an empty server for a couple months maybe you won't be so bothered by what other servers are doing.

I agree there's serious abuse going on but as was stated already, it's not like you can't find another one to play on.

People keep making these same posts while sooo many vanilla servers without all the shit admin abuse remain empty. Go figure.

Maybe you should rent your own server and run it how you see fit. When you have an empty server for a couple months maybe you won't be so bothered by what other servers are doing.

I agree there's serious abuse going on but as was stated already, it's not like you can't find another one to play on.

People keep making these same posts while sooo many vanilla servers without all the shit admin abuse remain empty. Go figure.

im all for custom content but abusing it isnt on. also selling people gear and profiting from it then hiding behind we covering our costs is bs.

this is why some will pop out and say no dont do this cause theyll lose alot of money tey are profiting from from doing it !

64 man server full all day charging 20 dollars a month for what you want on every respawn ( this is one server for eg in dayz now ) how is that covering costs? its blatantly profiting from the game mechanics because your a admin ! if it was public youd probably be blacklisted and this is one of the reasons why it should be the same as public because all they will say is we are private and hide behind that.

also i do have a server and have run dayz servers and they dont need that much a month to cover expenses.

just becuase you admins doesnt give you the right to abuse basics ingame. selling people guns destroys the whole point in playing dayz and they arent even your guns to sell.

The guns sold can't be transferred over to other servers but their own, so it doesn't matter. And yes, they can sell whatever they want, it's their server.

Join a private hive whose admins are held accountable by their community. There are plenty of good private hives with admins who don't sell items.

You just need to do some research before you choose a private server.

Servers blacklist themselves, because players are not happy and give negative feedback in the server thread.

Check out my signature to put you on the right path.

Join a private hive whose admins are held accountable by their community. There are plenty of good private hives with admins who don't sell items.

I find balota buddies have very good staff and I have never encountered admin abuse on those servers.

Someone has PAID good MONEY for the server that you're playing on, honestly that gives them a right to do whatever the hell they want for it, sure when it's on a public server they risk someone's character on not just their server but tons of others, on a private hive however, it's THEIR database, you only have that character on their server.

This doesn't make it ok to be an abusive admin of course, abusive admins should be named and shamed, but not blacklisted in the way you said, ultimately, it comes down to one thing.

Their server, their rules.

• Like 1

no it isnt there rules its the games makers who make the rules which server admins should abide to whether public or private. if you cant abide to those you should be blacklisted. why should private server admins have different rules ? okay im private lets hack rip people off its okay we are private.

if a person pays for server okay but blatently making a business off people through abusing the games mechanics is not on whether you pay for server or not.

charging people so they spawn with good gear is a joke. saying its to cover server expenses is a joke when its not dear to rent a server.

Edited by dgeesio

no it isnt there rules its the games makers who make the rules which server admins should abide to whether public or private. if you cant abide to those you should be blacklisted. why should private server admins have different rules ? okay im private lets hack rip people off its okay we are private.

if a person pays for server okay but blatently making a business off people through abusing the games mechanics is not on whether you pay for server or not.

charging people so they spawn with good gear is a joke. saying its to cover server expenses is a joke when its not dear to rent a server.

You're completely wrong. On private hives its entirely down to the owner(s)/admin(s) of that server to run it how they choose, that really means, ANY WAY they want. They can have donator packages and sell loadouts if they wish, they can do anything they want because it is their server, their database, their rules, and their money they pay each month.

There are a lot of public servers out there that use the official dayz hive so youre more than capable of playing on one of them. Although the question obviously arises, are you better off playing on a public official dayz hive where the admins have to follow Rocket's rules which include NOT banning hacker's??

Edited by -Panda
  • Like 1

no it isnt there rules its the games makers who make the rules which server admins should abide to whether public or private.

You couldn't be more wrong, it's up to the admin of the private hive what happens to their database and how they run it, they're not part of the public hive, sure, if it was a public hive THEN they have rules to abide to (Like panda stated above, not banning hackers), but it's not. It's private, the word PRIVATE should be a hint enough that its their own server and they can do, charge and say what they want on it.

Also by saying "its not dear to rent a server" gives me the impression you havent rented a server. Let me give you the costs that i've spent this week alone on my server.

Server- $30 (A MONTH)

No branding on server - $1 (A month)

Anti hacking systems - 15 euros (One time payment, 6 more euros if i decide to add more servers using the tools)

Seeing as my server is never populated and i haven't added more to it (Which may cost more money) shows that the money I've spent there, isn't nearly enough to get a populated server up and running. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

And i'm sure you'll pull the "oh you must be a corrupt admin then" card, no, i play the game normally, my anti hacks auto detect and kick/ban hackers efficiently, so before saying "admins have no right doing what they want with their server" you should do your research and think about how much admins put into a server.

Edited by WhatTheFlup
  • Like 1

At the moment they can do what they want, for standalone private servers I'd like to see a lot more restrictions on what hosts can do with the game.

Too many morons trying to turn DayZ into something that it's not, including the disgraceful 'pay donate for benefits' servers.

At the moment they can do what they want, for standalone private servers I'd like to see a lot more restrictions on what hosts can do with the game.

Too many morons trying to turn DayZ into something that it's not, including the disgraceful 'pay donate for benefits' servers.

I disagree, partly.

Some communities lease dedicated servers to give themselves the best server possible, an average figure would be around $150 USD per month for a dedicated server. So if they can get some of the running costs back from offering these donator packages, then why not? Again its down to the server owner to decide what they want to do with their server to make it popular and to make it successful. We have to remember these donator package servers are offering a service that some players want.

Edited by -Panda
  • Like 1

I disagree, partly.

Some communities lease dedicated servers to give themselves the best server possible, an average figure would be around $150 USD per month for a dedicated server. So if they can get some of the running costs back from offering these donator packages, then why not? Again its down to the server owner to decide what they want to do with their server to make it popular and to make it successful. We have to remember these donator package servers are offering a service that some players want.

The service that players want from 'donating' is an unfair advantage over other players which makes the game exactly that, unfair.

The point is that everyone was to wakeup on a shit beach with shit gear and have a shit time, starting with guns and bandages and NVGs completely ruin the 'early game' part of DayZ, which in my eyes is one of the most important times.

I don't believe that tangible benefits (tangible in-game items) should be a reward for donating, they aren't donating they are paying for weapons - if people want to donate for the upkeep of a server, good for them, if they are to receive privilidges for that server (Not having to wait if the server is full, etc) then great but I don't see how giving some players free shit because they gave you money is in any way moral or fair for your other players that may not be able to afford throwing $20 at a host to be able to start with weapons.

• Like 1

rossoms congrats and do you notice the people who dissagree are mainly those with these servers ;)

i have a dayz server so yes i dont know anything about the costs :lol: i dont and would never charge for any game changing item which is "FREE" !

so just becuase you are private you are basically hacking weapons in for people because you are private and selling them to them :rolleyes: then saying its to keep the server afloat which it isnt its to cover some of it but to profit !

ive got nothing agianst donating to keep servers up but5 profitting from just being private is a joke. you are flaunting everything the game is based on just becuase you are private !

what about cost of public servers :rolleyes: oh yes they cost exactly the same but cant generate cash cause they cant sell weapons to people :rolleyes:

so it all comes down to the games purpose which is looting and private servers abusing it are making dayz a joke and profitting at the same time. rules and basic game mechanics should be changed to stop this becoming who sells the best weapon at lowest price to get them money. servers selling stuff should be blacklisted.

im all for custom content just not paying to win. i do know about servers cost and pricing i have run gaming servers for best part of 15 years :lol: .

hopefully dayz in the standalone will return to fair play and stop pay to win before it gets a full grip.

The service that players want from 'donating' is an unfair advantage over other players which makes the game exactly that, unfair.

The point is that everyone was to wakeup on a shit beach with shit gear and have a shit time, starting with guns and bandages and NVGs completely ruin the 'early game' part of DayZ, which in my eyes is one of the most important times.

I don't believe that tangible benefits (tangible in-game items) should be a reward for donating, they aren't donating they are paying for weapons - if people want to donate for the upkeep of a server, good for them, if they are to receive privilidges for that server (Not having to wait if the server is full, etc) then great but I don't see how giving some players free shit because they gave you money is in any way moral or fair for your other players that may not be able to afford throwing $20 at a host to be able to start with weapons.

That wasn't the point we were making. I'm pretty sure neither or me or panda (I don't want to speak for him directly here) agree with paying for weapons, we're stating that's up to the admins, regardless if its right or wrong, its up to the admins, they shouldnt be punished for doing what they want with THEIR server because, again, its THEIRS to do what they want with.

• Like 1

rossoms congrats and do you notice the people who dissagree are mainly those with these servers ;)

i have a dayz server so yes i dont know anything about the costs :lol: i dont and would never charge for any game changing item which is "FREE" !

so just becuase you are private you are basically hacking weapons in for people because you are private and selling them to them :rolleyes: then saying its to keep the server afloat which it isnt its to cover some of it but to profit !

ive got nothing agianst donating to keep servers up but5 profitting from just being private is a joke. you are flaunting everything the game is based on just becuase you are private !

what about cost of public servers :rolleyes: oh yes they cost exactly the same but cant generate cash cause they cant sell weapons to people :rolleyes:

so it all comes down to the games purpose which is looting and private servers abusing it are making dayz a joke and profitting at the same time. rules and basic game mechanics should be changed to stop this becoming who sells the best weapon at lowest price to get them money. servers selling stuff should be blacklisted.

im all for custom content just not paying to win. i do know about servers cost and pricing i have run gaming servers for best part of 15 years :lol: .

hopefully dayz in the standalone will return to fair play and stop pay to win before it gets a full grip.

You have no idea what a ignorant jerk you came of as in that. Seriously, i'm done, there's no use trying to reason with people like you.

• Like 1

I think private servers will always exist. That's a part of the concept, when allowing the community to mod.

It is not possible to allow people to write mods, without allowing them to host them.

But that doesn't change the fact, that all you need to do at the moment is checking the "hide unofficial"-box in your server-browser and you can achieve the same thing with one push of a button, that having huge restrictions on the game would have, without limiting the possible benefits from modding.

Why is there a need to ban everything they don't like in so many people? Can't you just appreciate that you already got what you wanted. public servers. and coexist with those who want something else? I hostet public and private Servers so far and I think there is a place for both of them.

If you don't like one branch, don't play it.

• Like 3

Wrong. If anything it makes that server unfair, not DayZ in its entirety.

If you dont like how one server is run, quite simply jog on to another server and quit complaining. You choose to join a private hive server, no one forces you!

Edited by -Panda
  • Like 1

Wrong. If anything it makes that server unfair, not DayZ in its entirety.

If you dont like how one server is run, quite simply jog on to another server and quit complaining. You choose to join a private hive server, no one forces you!

so what happens if everyone adopts the pay to win spawn gear ?

what server you jump to ?

just saying join a different server isnt a way to solve the problem. it is simply a way of of avoiding the issues.

just saying join a different server isnt a way to solve the problem. it is simply a way of of avoiding the issues.

Ok, you're not getting it, ITS. YOUR. CHOICE. TO. PAY. The admins aren't 'forcing you' to pay, you could just play on the server, see if they have paid weapon spawns and go 'nope, don't want to play here'. You're blaming admins for your own lack of responsibility to find a decent server or just not pay for weapons. Seriously. Nobody will pay for it if they don't want it, it's not hard.

• Like 1

What if all the 5500 DayZ servers adopt pay to win spawn gear? Is that really a serious question about a scenario you really see being a possibility?

If there is demand for something, like servers where you can pay for weapons, then servers offering that service will exist. If there is no demand, no servers will offer or enforce that service. The fact that these type of servers exist in the first place is because there are people that want them!! Its not hard to understand.

What if all the 5500 DayZ servers adopt pay to win spawn gear? Is that really a serious question about a scenario you really see being a possibility?

If there is demand for something, like servers where you can pay for weapons, then servers offering that service will exist. If there is no demand, no servers will offer or enforce that service. The fact that these type of servers exist in the first place is because there are people that want them!! Its not hard to understand.

no what you dont seem to understand is you do not own the content ! you own nothing ! you are charging people for things you dont own !

the people who own the materials being sold are bi not you . all you do is pay for rental of a server and that is all.

so yes if it is wanted then server owners should get 0 because you own nothing you didnt create anything its in the game all you did was give people items that arnt yours to sell. if any money is to be made bi should get it not you.