Sign in to follow this  
gazzman (DayZ)

Warning dont drink the water

I filled my water bottle from the black pool, took a sip and started coughing.

Fortunately i had some antibiotics in my pack.

Just goes to show, pond water aint the best.

You can boil the water over a fire. Makes it much cleaner.

• Like 3

You not played since 2012? things have changed. You have to boil that water clean bro.

• Like 1

You can boil the water over a fire. Makes it much cleaner.

Of course lol now why didnt i think of that before durrr.

Thanks mate

You not played since 2012? things have changed. You have to boil that water clean bro.

Just started playing bud so im a complete noob:)

What exactl is a black pool?

Is water taken from a well with the hand pump on it (hope you know what i mean) sterile? can you get sick from it too like from lake water?

What exactl is a black pool?

Is water taken from a well with the hand pump on it (hope you know what i mean) sterile? can you get sick from it too like from lake water?

its a lake, i prob have the name wrong. dont know about wells, never used em im afraid

pond water became unhealthy when people starting stashing their trucks in it, shit is leaking :D

on a serious note, as someone returning after months to the game, this was new to me too until very recently. IMHO its one of those many details that make this game so great.

Same thing happened to me while on vacation in Mexico.

Moctezumas Revenge upon you. One does not simply walk into the Aztec Empire and party!

• Like 1

its a lake, i prob have the name wrong. dont know about wells, never used em im afraid

Black lake*

I'm too pro to boil water. I drink my own urine. Much more hardcore.

Hi guys, your fellow noob here.

I've just recovered from a nasty cold by using an antibiotics pack I found in a helicopter crash site. I had my blood all the way down under 3000, suffering from frequent pass-outs. I drank dirty water from a pond, which was a bad decision, but I didn't have a box of matches.

When you fill your water bottle or gut an animal, DON'T CONSUME IT RIGHT THERE!! DIRTY, NOT BOILED WATER AND RAW MEAT HAS A SMALL(BIG ENOUGH) CHANCE TO GIVE YOU A COLD/INFECTION!

Instead, go make a fireplace, look at it and open your scroll menu - you should see "Boil Water" and "Cook Meat", if you've got dirty water or raw meat in your inventory. They will not give you a cold/infection, and cooked meat gives more blood!

I hope you outlive the average life expectancy! :beans:

[EDIT]

Tools needed: Hatchet, matchbox for fireplace. EMPTY TIN CAN :emptycan: for boiling water in the bottle - that's why they spawn!! Trivia: if you look at the sprite/image of the bottle, it says "do not apply direct heat or something.

If you find an OIL BARREL you don't need a hatchet and matches. You can use the scroll menu to light them. They are just riskier because they are in more populated areas.

Thanks to Tomcat705 who gave me a transfusion after a trade.

Edited by Cozen

I take your advice. Thank you comrade.

Apparently there's also a way to use oil barrels that spawn in military areas... They say if you use your scroll menu on one of them you can light them or put them out. You don't even need a hatchet or matchbox. I guess that's just a bit more risky.

Those barrels are not just specifically in military areas, there's plenty in the coast cities and whatnot, Cherno in particular. They also come pre-lit at night, so you don't have to give away your position by lighting it up. I always struggle with the impulse to put them out because they mess up my NVG's, but if I put them out, people will know where I was recently.

wow i didnt know u could boil water or that their was dirty water. finally a use for those tin cans.

LOL, now I'm thinking about the toilet paper and razor that randomly spawn. What do they do?

LOL, now I'm thinking about the toilet paper and razor that randomly spawn. What do they do?

treatment for all those hemorrhoids that snipers get from sitting on elektro hill in the cold rain.

good info btw - despite regular threads on this topic many players dont know for a long time that you can use the barrels as a fireplace to boil water or fry meat. or that you actually should boil water.

i myself dont bother to boil water, as from my experience the chance of finding antibiotics on one of my supply runs is higher than the chance of infection from water, but i am an adventurous person, living on the edge and all that shit.. also, infections are good for business =)

LOL. I'm lucky I found them antibiotics before dying on that NWAF trip.

Edited by Cozen