OrLoK

DAYZ Developer MINI Blog April 10th

Great to hear some news, keep up the good work guys.

If they create a good foundation (client-server architecture), they can build a great game on it.

New items, weapons etc. can be added later, the basics of the game is the most important thing!

• Like 1

meh... nothing new to be honest... still working on stuff they worked before... but I guess, it's something... ^_^

It was more of a micro update IMO, but yes I will have some even if there isn't cocaine in it...

FYI: Rocket is Mrs. Doyle!!!

11udv14.jpg

PS: Appreciate the update.

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

It’s something I’ll give you. So basically things are progressing without anything we can sink our teeth into to chat about. But well done for posting something up to feel reassured we are still in the loop. I’d love to know if things have slowed down due to that trip dean is on as it must have.

I’m the one who is in the win win situation for this not having a PC able to run games being its nearly lasted me ten years. New Rig and new interest in games end of the year so I hope its out by Xmas. That BruteforceOAP on twich has given me the incentive to get back into games if at his age he can be playing on a high end rig owning kids playing FPS. :) I doth my Cap Sir!

• Like 1

THANK YOU ! All one asks for is little insights and an occasional Pic, good stuff

So when you say... - In house art cell are working on path lods in buildings to improve zombies movement in buildings and texture passes on assests.

You mean zombies will move faster inside?

So when you say... - In house art cell are working on path lods in buildings to improve zombies movement in buildings and texture passes on assests.

You mean zombies will move faster inside?

They will be able to run inside, enjoy.

• Like 1

Whenever I read the replies to a dev update I can't help but wonder if we're the cream of the crop or just the chaff left on the threshing floor.

Probably both.. :P

Chaff of the top for me.

• Like 1

But it grates that when new info is released folk still complain. And when the devs undoubtedly see the lackluster response they could be forgiven for thinking twice before even bothering to let a little info out.

I suspect there might be a little less complaining if they hadn't been hinting at a new dev blog "any day now" for the last month.

https://twitter.com/...984063160414208

https://twitter.com/...984151993188355

Although to be fair, both of those tweets just indicate that the blogs are being written, not that they will be released. Maybe rocket is saving them all up so he can release a giant Making of DayZ volume to coincide with version 1.0.

expect something new. i could care less about clothes.

we all know that zombies path needed to be fix and that needed more open houses. seriously

i want to see a good inventory system , new cars , i wanna hear about a decent anti cheat , i wanna see the new guns. 10x more good spawns. new stuffs like a crafted a bow with a tree could be nice.

We only saw the obvious since december so plz.

we all know they are working on stuff like its not even an update.

and saying ''boring'' is not a sign of complain.

Since my brother is working for Ubisoft , i know its long to make a game and dev it.

I care about clothes.

Matt Lightfoot says:

- Dean is away.

and where tehe fck is he now if I might ask? There goes hope of closed alpha by summer.

and where tehe fck is he now if I might ask? There goes hope of closed alpha by summer.

I believe he is climbing Mount Everest atm

Will there be a Devblog video about DayZ Standalone?

Hmm I feel a disturbance in the trollzone...

A video is a few weeks away I should think. Not much to show I dont think.

- In house art cell are working on path lods in buildings to improve zombies movement in buildings and texture passes on assests.

- External art cell, working on a couple of weapons, some more clothing items and some items.

- Our animation cell, are working through a backlog of animations we want to do.

- SenChi with the help of Ivan are going through existing towns now and making improvements through changing layouts slightly and such.

Well at least you don't have Ivan working in a cell. *ba dum tssssss*

You're a cold motherlover Matt.

• Like 2

A video is a few weeks away I should think. Not much to show I don't think.

They should let someone like Frankie (be nice boys and girls) do a video. Tell him what he can/cannot show and let him do the work. All Matt would have to do is watch it through for a final edit. That way we get quality footage with minimum effort from the devs, win win if you ask me. :)