OrLoK

DAYZ Developer MINI Blog April 10th

Matt Lightfoot says:

- At the moment I am following up from meetings at PAX/GDC, keeping Dean updated with development progress, keeping external artists tasked, Ivan Buchta (The Lord Mayor of Chernarus) is helping me a large amount on the design side while Dean is away.

- Our Programmers are still working on the client/server architecture, radios/VOIP and solving several bugs.

- In house art cell are working on path lods in buildings to improve zombies movement in buildings and texture passes on assests.

- External art cell, working on a couple of weapons, some more clothing items and some items.

- Our animation cell, are working through a backlog of animations we want to do.

- SenChi with the help of Ivan are going through existing towns now and making improvements through changing layouts slightly and such.

I'm sorry for the lack of communication, I've just been exceptionally busy.

В общем, у меня не очень много времени для создания полноценного поста в блог, но я могу немного вкратце кое-что рассказать:

• В данный момент я занимаюсь подведением итогов с выставок PAX и GDC, сообщаю Дину о прогрессе разработки, раздаю задания внештатным дизайнерам, а Иван Бухта (Повелитель Чернаруси) помогает мне очень много по дизайну карты пока нет Дина.
  • Наши программисты все еще работают над клиент\серверной архитектурой, радиосвязью и VOIP и фиксят некоторые баги.
  • Ведется разработка лодов путей в зданиях для улучшения перемещений зомби в интерьерах и текстур интерьеров.
  • Идет работа над несколькими видами оружия, парочкой предметов одежды и других предметов.
  • Работа над анимацией идет по плану.
  • SenCHi и Иван шерстят все населенные пункты и улучшают их, оптимизируют расстановку зданий и т.п.

Прошу прощения за нашу молчаливость, но мы были исключительно заняты в последнее время.

This is cut and pasted from Matt Lightfoot's original post with the Russian Translation by -=PA=-Mikhail

Edited by orlok
  • Like 48

Please use default text, grey on black is hard on the hearing.

Thanks.

• Like 8

Bets on how many pages this thread gets to before someone starts moaning about the lack of updates??? :P

• Like 8

Now, let's see how long it takes people to shit themselves over 'communication issues' in this thread...

Appreciate the update Mattchoo!

edit: Daz, you ninja bastard...

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 7

CHANGE THE TEXT PL0X *end rant*

My eye sight cannae see it :P

Please use default text, grey on black is hard on the hearing.

Thanks.

me? default AFAIK. using default theme.

• Like 1

Im REALLY looking forward to what they do with they animation system, crisp and fluid animations like in Far Cry 3 really help you get immersed in the world, even little things like reload animations and bandaging animations would be awesome.

Also stuff like giving yourself a Morphine injection and you actually seeing the little morphine stick get stabbed into your thigh would be awesome, and things like opening the doors when getting in and out of cars etc.

Did I mention that I like animations?

• Like 3

Bets on how many pages this thread gets to before someone starts moaning about the lack of updates??? :P

Page 2

• Like 3

Where are the updates? It's been minutes since the last one, this is so unprofessional!

• Like 14

When's the next update?

The communication is atrocious!

I just shit myself!!!

But seriously, it's nice to have a little snippet of information now and then, as long as its not just done to placate the wild masses.

This post has not been edited.

• Like 1

Dang you orlock reposting and stealing all my beans :P

I've got to increase my popularity somehow. Sorry Matt, didn't think about it. Cut and paste was the simplest way.

(actually, I just wanted folk to think I was part of the dev team :) )

L

• Like 12

Dang you orlock reposting and stealing all my beans :P

I'll sell you some beans in exchange for bitcoins.

• Like 8

The folks who stamped their feet and cried for an update should be building a fort out of beans fit to be used as actual accomodation.

We likely won't hear form them until they feel the need to complain again.

Edited by nobody, ever.

Mini indeed.

Mini, yes. Informative, yes.

I think it's great. Sometimes there just will not be any "fun" stuff to see. So when we do get scruffy vids we should appreciate they took time to film/review/upload etc.

A weekly feedback such as this, for me, would be ideal (no pressure, Matt).

One has to remember though that often even a small post like this may have to be confirmed by someone higher up the food chain as it is "insider info" and that can sometimes take time depending on schedules/workload etc.

Regardless. We now have info. The gods have smiled on us.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Solid. I still think Rocket hates Matt with a fiery passion and the prerecorded Devblog included too much of this so they had to scrap it.

Edited by Katana67

Solid. I still think Rocket hates Matt with a fiery passion and the prerecorded Devblog included too much of this so they had to scrap it.

*Not sure if joking or not?* where ever did you get that idea from?

• Like 1

Do you want to say that rocket is the bad guy in the dev team? ;)

confused-1.jpg

• Like 1

Ivan Buchta (The Lord Mayor of Chernarus)

What if he's really infected and is getting us to all buy the SA just so he can re-enforce a company with profit to infect all of us with a virus?

lol lame jokes

I think it's great. Sometimes there just will not be any "fun" stuff to see. So when we do get scruffy vids we should appreciate they took time to film/review/upload etc.

I agree with this as well. I'd rather be able to get some idea of how the development is coming along, than nothing at all. :D

OT: Good to know some info on the progress. Hope the dev team keeps it up and ensures that the standalone will be a great game.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

can i say please fix texture bugs on buildings like this

this is a big thing for standalone and effects many buildings ! alot of the grey buildings from hospitals to roof tops and others people hide in these spots and abuse it. make them solid or none enterable or that you die on entering.

also admin being able to see where you are ingame or your loot or spawning stuff in for themselves or others. return dayz back to the players .thanks for update.

That's already fixed I believe.

• Like 1