rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.3

I have a few bugs.

The first is I can't get to the side or global chat channel (or whatever it is that goes to everyone). Whatever I send nobody can hear on 'direct communication'.

The second is I keep getting disconnected' date=' it counts and eventually disconnects.

[hr']

Oh and one more, if the servers say 48 or 49/50 then I just cant connect it says they are full, but the number doesn't change to 50.

the side chat thing is a result of the beta patch (required for the 1.7.1 update). as far as i can tell, this is an intended result and will not be changed. as for the direct chat thing, are you positive people CANNOT hear you? or they are just not responding? (possibly because they speak a different language or are unsure of how to switch to direct, or they just dislike you)

side chat is controlled by the server admins. alot of them have it turned off.

I have a few bugs.

The first is I can't get to the side or global chat channel (or whatever it is that goes to everyone). Whatever I send nobody can hear on 'direct communication'.

The second is I keep getting disconnected' date=' it counts and eventually disconnects.

[hr']

Oh and one more, if the servers say 48 or 49/50 then I just cant connect it says they are full, but the number doesn't change to 50.

Those aren't bugs, the side channel and global have been removed with the new Arma Patches... And no one can hear you via DIRECT COMS because it's only for people within a 40m radius of you... So therefor, unless you're within a short distance from each other, you're just talking on coms and giving your spot away.

I have a few bugs.

This is a feature, direct comms has a range of 80 meters only.

No global mind telepathy. the other channels are closed for that reason.

To the guys that lost the main and secondary weapon (like me), did u try ti pickup an axe? i think that might be the thing causing this bug. I was playing on a server and it restarted a few times, then one time i tried to pick up an axe, failing, then on the next server restart i lost my weapons (and they werent hacked) a lee enfield and a 1911.

I tried to play over the weekend but my character was invisible and i was in a location miles away from where i logged. Has this been fixed yet?

Also i noticed that the status box that showed number of zombies in game and number of zombies killed had been removed... is this intended or is it a bug? it was useful too have that information.

This is due to improper instalation of the beta patch. My friend had the same issue, he was invisible, the location of his logout didn't save and the debug monitor (the box thing) was gone.

We fixed it after like 5 hours xD

Thanks for all your work rocket - just mainly wondering when the ghillie/camo respawn ocean thingy will be fixed?

Yeah me too. Happend to me two times! Grrr!

It's already fixed, get the latest Arma 2 beta patch installed properly.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

My arma 2 is running the latest 1.6.93825. Camo works for me, ghillie suits work fine for my friends.

Thanks for all your work rocket - just mainly wondering when the ghillie/camo respawn ocean thingy will be fixed?

Yeah me too. Happend to me two times! Grrr!

It's already fixed' date=' get the latest Arma 2 beta patch installed.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

one I am using is the latest 93825. Camo works for me, ghillie suits work fine for my friends.

[/quote']

Yup same for me. ive have worn 4 different ghillie suits over the past few days.. i havent respawned anywhere but where i logged out. No problems what so ever

patch is a mess...now when i pick up things it tells me i drop 30 crowbars 20 food 20 water its a mess...why did you update from when it was PERFECT

To the guys that lost the main and secondary weapon (like me)' date=' did u try ti pickup an axe? i think that might be the thing causing this bug. I was playing on a server and it restarted a few times, then one time i tried to pick up an axe, failing, then on the next server restart i lost my weapons (and they werent hacked) a lee enfield and a 1911.

[/quote']

No, I lost my stuff without ever coming into contact with the axe or crowbar.

Rocket, any chance for changing the spawns to empty houses in small villages with the items you spawn with on the ground in front of you. Maybe a melee weapon to fight off the horde outside your door... it would add to the immersion (just an idea)

also, keep up the great work

Nice to see another hotfix is comming. I hope at some point you fix the unfixable chopper fueltank issue *fingers crossed*

Is there any update on the damage/broken bones/bleeding caused from going prone through doorways or up and down stairs?

Im not sure if this is an issue with dayz or the arma 2 engine.

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

Saw a few Animals today, just one was moving or lets say "Moonwalking" around in slowmotion ;)

Rocket' date=' any chance for changing the spawns to empty houses in small villages with the items you spawn with on the ground in front of you. Maybe a melee weapon to fight off the horde outside your door... it would add to the immersion (just an idea)

also, keep up the great work

[/quote']

I really like this idea, it seems more logical that you spawn in your "own house" rather than on the beach. Especially if you spawn at night and have to go out of your house, hearing all those moaning from the zombies outside is pretty good horror. But maybe you shouldn'T spawn with the hatchet.

patch is a mess...now when i pick up things it tells me i drop 30 crowbars 20 food 20 water its a mess...why did you update from when it was PERFECT

It was not perfect. The reason the .2 hotfix was released is mainly because there were no food or water to be found, only tin cans. The spawns were a mess, and the .2 fixed it.

Now, the melee weapons are somehow bugged, the hatchet and crowbar "ammo" drops are bugging and crashing the servers, so the .3 is going to be released to fix that.

derp

I have a few bugs.

[hr']

the side chat thing is a result of the beta patch (required for the 1.7.1 update). as far as i can tell, this is an intended result and will not be changed. as for the direct chat thing, are you positive people CANNOT hear you? or they are just not responding? (possibly because they speak a different language or are unsure of how to switch to direct, or they just dislike you)

side chat is controlled by the server admins. alot of them have it turned off.

We have no control over side chat. That's controlled in the mission file and was removed by Rocket around the time 1.7 came out. If you didn't update your beta patch to the one that included the mission file setting that allowed it, you could still use side chat.

thanks mr r keep on keepin on love the no guns at start more friendly i have become a helper of the new repaying as someone done that for me :D

I had a M4A1 SD with 6 STANAG SD magazines, ghillie suit, night vision, etc etc.. Updated from 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.1.2, ended up with nothing but a Makarov and a whole bunch of hatchets and crowbars in my backpack....truly wtf...

My stats was 500+ Zed kill, 0 Murder & 0 Bandit kills..

I know this is still Alpha and it's pointless to complain.. see you at Beta..

To the guys that lost the main and secondary weapon (like me)' date=' did u try ti pickup an axe?[/b'] i think that might be the thing causing this bug. I was playing on a server and it restarted a few times, then one time i tried to pick up an axe, failing, then on the next server restart i lost my weapons (and they werent hacked) a lee enfield and a 1911.

Yes. I went looking for an axe. Because after last hot fix my axe was gone from my inventory and from my tent. I needed wood to cook my meat. As it turns out. It was a bad idea. LOL. Found an axe. Tryed to pick it up, couldn't.

Never had so high gear before since i started to play this mod. Like 4 weeks ago or so. Ah well got alpha'ed. Shit happens.

You sure do work fast Rocket.

But game still keeps on loosing connection.

Sup i will wait for Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.4 call if you need some help

Danish

Is there any update on the damage/broken bones/bleeding caused from going prone through doorways or up and down stairs?

Im not sure if this is an issue with dayz or the arma 2 engine.

I guess it's a map issue ... or maybe a mix of engine and map issue. Chances are good that this not being fixed within the mod. But that's just me having a hunch.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching

Melee items?!

Melee items was added in 1.7.1.2