DarkNinja (DayZ)

vehicles need to be more common

I was thinking about a real zombie Apocalypse and how you would find vehicles all over the streets, not necessarily in working order or fueled up probably damaged in some way after the initial virus and chaos hit. I think it would be great if more vehicles were added but you wouldn't find them in working order all the time, you'd have to find a wheel or an engine or refuel it. You could put vehicles along the coast lines between elektro and cherno. Urals, trucks,bikes,cars etc Very rarely would you find one that's working . Also it would be cool if you could find Helicopters on top of hospitals as well and Boats at docks left by survivors.I think Vehicles in general just need to be a bit more common. What do you think?

• Like 2

So you wan't to find vehicles that haven't been blown up but they are enter-able just not drive-able?

• Like 1

IMO, That is a horrible idea. if everyone found a car in dayz when they first spawn in under 5 minutes your pretty much set in dayz, about 1/2 to be exact, then all you do is need to find guns and wollah! your ready for your bandit/hero life.

If you don't like how some servers have like 300 cars spawned., DEAL with it or join a new server with 900+cars 20+ helicopters that spawn you with gear that your pretty much set from the start.

Edited by Gandalf The Grey

So you wan't to find vehicles that haven't been blown up but they are enter-able just not drive-able?

To some degree yes. That way you could spend time fixing them up and eventually get them in working order.

IMO, That is a horrible idea. if everyone found a car in dayz when they first spawn in under 5 minutes your pretty much set in dayz, about 1/2 to be exact, then all you do is need to find guns and wollah! your ready for your bandit/hero life.

If you don't like how some servers have like 300 cars spawned., DEAL with it or join a new server with 900+cars 20+ helicopters that spawn you with gear that your pretty much set from the start.

I'm assuming you haven't played enough DayZ cause this wouldn't really be an issue. The bandits who have guns would just destroy the vehicles, if they own one already, or they would steal it and be on their way. I guarantee if they did make vehicles show up more half the people on the server would destroy some along the way just to repair the other vehicle they currently found.

And so they will be! In SA, BUT NOT ON DAY ONE! Probbably not for a few weeks. They need to get the basic components in first, something alot of people cannot understand.

I was thinking about a real zombie Apocalypse and how you would find vehicles all over the streets, not necessarily in working order or fueled up probably damaged in some way after the initial virus and chaos hit. I think it would be great if more vehicles were added but you wouldn't find them in working order all the time, you'd have to find a wheel or an engine or refuel it. You could put vehicles along the coast lines between elektro and cherno. Urals, trucks,bikes,cars etc Very rarely would you find one that's working . Also it would be cool if you could find Helicopters on top of hospitals as well and Boats at docks left by survivors.I think Vehicles in general just need to be a bit more common. What do you think?

I agree however there should be a way to balance it out so its not too easy for example other players can combat vehicles easily e.g. I.E.D's on roads that players can plant if you get where I'm coming from

For realism sake, sure why not. Thats how it would be in an apocolypse. First I would look at statistics of current post-soviet states to see how many people drive/depend on cars (much of Chernarus looks like it could be made up of self sustaining farmers) and ff it makes sense, then yes it should be implemented.

I like this. Where did all the cars go? Did they vaporise when the outbreak happened? There should be more cars, but 95% of them have no fuel, missing parts, or are broken.

Finding a regular, civilian vehicle shouldn't be a difficult task. Repairing it, and finding an adequate amount of fuel, should be the real challenge.

Scouring the entire map just to find a vehicle should only occur when searching for military vehicles; off-road, lightly armored cars that are really worth finding.

Survivors should have to gauge whether or not they will have enough fuel to make a trip, and carefully hoard every last drop. Fuel should be the real challenge, not vehicles (except for military and off-road vehicles, which should be rare.)

I always figured that the bulk of the population evacuated the city or something. That would explain the lack of vehicles.

Finding a regular, civilian vehicle shouldn't be a difficult task. Repairing it, and finding an adequate amount of fuel, should be the real challenge

this exactly what I want it to be like :D

vehicles stuff depend on server , found 4 helis 5 cars 3 trucks on NWAF ? just on 1 server and 1st visit , anyway also think that normal mode is poor : a family with 2 cars just evacuate using 1 to maximize fuel , but if I found 2 cars on dayz I can hide 1 outside of map and use 2nd ( another discussion )

Cars are overrated imo. Only makes you a target if anyone sees you and a target worth pursuing in any case.

Did nobody ever have the though that there might not heve been that many cars in Chernarus in the first place? I mean, poor country etc....it's not some wealthy western country.

Horrible idea, if you aren't finding enough vehicles, go to a private hive.

Vehicles were never meant to be plentiful and all over the streets, they were supposed to be a rare find or something to look forward to in Day Z.

The main problem is in my opinion, when they spawn people get them and horde them in their bases on the outskirts of the maps.

Its fine how it is they just need to make bikes a little more common south.

dean hall was already informated about this idea, which was exactly this: "more vehicles,less fuel" and I think its a great idea, that also makes sense+it would still balance the cars and so: You would have a car, but you would have to decide where you want to go, and if you got enough fuel to get back, and so. awesome in my opinion

There should be lots of non-operational (but fixable) vehicles all over the place. Most of the vehicles damaged from crashes, and parts removed to fix other vehicles before people moved on from the area. This would mean plenty of non-operational vehicles, until you either found or harvested the parts from other vehicles. You could even seperate the parts by manufactuter. Meaning that you cant just grab any part and shove it in any vehicle.

Basically, imagine a tonne of vehicles. Lets say 500 cars. But there is only enough parts between them to fix about 100 of them. Eventually you would you end up with a tonne of vehicles lying around that need a lot of work to make operational, or act as scrapheaps for people to salvage to maintain the vehicles that currently do work.

Least thats the way I'd do it.

• Like 1