King Tubbs

dayz has killed gaming for me

i played Dayz for a mouth and a half and loved it but I realized over time i was not thinking "this is a great game" it was "this WILL be a great game, but at the moment its a bit shit"

I have been wanting to play this game for 14 years me and a friend have been saying this is our No.1 all that time

but while i am waiting for the SA no other game is really enjoyable to me because of Dayz, no game gives me the rush of combat, the fear of hearing gunshots close by, the panic of trying to find food or water when close to death

and i have been playing good games

Blood bowl C.E

saints row 3

assassins creed 2

condemned C O

Dead rising 2

Minecraft

Dota 2

mass effect

even the walking dead

all have been left incomplete/alone

but i am not enjoying the mod anymore as it is a poor copy of what the SA will be on release, even though it will still be a little broken in parts, have few guns, and possibly no cars

thanks rocket :S

gonna try xcom next

Edited by King Tubbs

Play FTL on normal (aka Insanely Hard) to get your frustration kick!

• Like 2

Typical First World problem.

Play FTL on normal (aka Insanely Hard) to get your frustration kick!

I spent 150 hours on FTL, unlocked all the ships and variants, except crystal variant b. Man, I love that game.

Speaking of Indie games there are 2 projects I currently have my eye on.

Neo Scavenger is a top down post apoc survival simulation where you need to scavenge to survive

underrail is a late 90s style fallout clone.

neo scavenger: http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/2

underrail: http://underrail.com

I found those after I finished FTL about 50x

Edited by intensity
  • Like 2

If I played Day Z for a mouth and a half I'd be frustrated too.

On a serious note, it sounds like you need a break. Not from DayZ, but from gaming in general.

• Like 2

i supost that the fact i am giving up smoking has not helped its given me little patients with games

Your list of games were sh**!

I don't know what inspired you to post such a foolish comment. Whether a game is shit is a matter of perspective.

• Like 3

Mount and Blade: Warband is the first game I've been able to play in months.

Come to think of it, I think only strategy games in the vein of Total War will be able to satisfy me now, because they're so damn unrelated to DayZ.

Shooters just bore me, now. I've never been so excited for a game than with DayZ standalone.

Eve online is the only other game that gives me an adrenaline rush, like dayz there r consequences to death, completely different genre though, i havnt touched it since i got dayz lol

wait untill you hook tasers to your nipples and get zapped everytime you die

• Like 1

Mount and Blade: Warband is the first game I've been able to play in months.

Come to think of it, I think only strategy games in the vein of Total War will be able to satisfy me now, because they're so damn unrelated to DayZ.

Shooters just bore me, now. I've never been so excited for a game than with DayZ standalone.

good tips but i have 300 hours on warband 95 on fire and sword and aroung 2000 on total war combined

Farcry 3 is good entertainment if your looking for a time filler i suggest that

Was watching Frankie and he suggested having a "story" in DayZ. For example he tries to find a "cure". I tried creating a theme to play by and it has made the game at least 10 times more fun to play, no exaggeration.

i played Dayz for a mouth and a half and loved it but I realized over time i was not thinking "this is a great game" it was "this WILL be a great game, but at the moment its a bit shit"

I have been wanting to play this game for 14 years me and a friend have been saying this is our No.1 all that time

but while i am waiting for the SA no other game is really enjoyable to me because of Dayz, no game gives me the rush of combat, the fear of hearing gunshots close by, the panic of trying to find food or water when close to death

and i have been playing good games

Blood bowl C.E

saints row 3

assassins creed 2

condemned C O

Dead rising 2

Minecraft

Dota 2

mass effect

even the walking dead

all have been left incomplete/alone

but i am not enjoying the mod anymore as it is a poor copy of what the SA will be on release, even though it will still be a little broken in parts, have few guns, and possibly no cars

thanks rocket :S

gonna try xcom next

first time i played skyrim (when it was first released) i found it quite challenging fighting that first dragon at the tower was a tough one for me, it took me at least 5 tries (on apprentice difficulty), suddenly playing it again yesterday i set it on adept for a new game played through it somewhat and got to the dragon again and killed it very quickly first time, so i set the difficulty to master straight away, a bit further on i run into a gang of hired bandits/guards whatever they called (they are sent for you when you rob someone), this was a tough fight i must admit but with some good maneuvers and some low level fire magic i soon killed them all, ive never considered my self to be especially a greatly skilled player but i think the fact that iv'e been playing mass mounts of hours on dayz and other arma 2 mods has improved my tactical skills a substantial amount. iv'e had the same feelings as you mention with games so i try and break it up more now and play different things, also try borderlands 2's new difficulty level (ultimate vault hunter mode)

Edited by Rocky46

DayZ has killed gaming or me too. Since I started playing DayZ, I can't play any other game because this game ROCKS!

• Like 3

DayZ is the only game that has me hooked for so long (since last May). As said before, Mount and Blade and the TW series are awesome when you want to give DayZ a rest.

to me it sounds like your saturation with gaming has broken dayz for you. good thing is, you realized something is broken. as someone stated - take a break. take up a sport, experiment with new drugs, become a zealot of a sex cult or just repaint your appartement. at least those were things that worked for me. do whatever fits you - a few weeks or months away from gaming might do wonders.

I don't know what inspired you to post such a foolish comment. Whether a game is shit is a matter of perspective.

Oh sorry i forgot you have to be polite on the internet, his list of games weren't to my taste. So sorry for upsetting you there.....

Oh sorry i forgot you have to be polite on the internet, his list of games weren't to my taste. So sorry for upsetting you there.....

You didn't upset me; I don't know how you concluded that.

You don't have to be polite on the internet. Your comment was completely pointless, so everything else is irrelevant.