Marvel (DayZ)

Rocket: Console version almost certain

As long as it doesn't dumb down or mess with the PC version, I couldn't care less.

PC version will always be superior in ever way.

Merged topics, hence some posts seeming out of place.

Plus it will introduce DayZ and its style to a whole new bunch of gamers...

This is why I'm worried about how the whole PvP/KoS attitudes on the DayZ Standalone.

To be fair, it won't affect me because I'm gonna be playing it on a desktop, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's not cross-platform compatible, but still... I've the image of DayZ on console being very PvP.

This is why I'm worried about how the whole PvP/KoS attitudes on the DayZ Standalone.

To be fair, it won't affect me because I'm gonna be playing it on a desktop, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's not cross-platform compatible, but still... I've the image of DayZ on console being very PvP.

least they wont be on PC.

This won't be Call of Duty, in that the console folks get first pickings and the leftovers get ported to PC. this will in fact be the other way around, much like Minecraft.

It's not a matter of preference it's easier(and less costly) than the other way around.

"there will be a console version" doesn't mean "there will be a version that runs both, pc and console"

Rocket once said that it is very unlikely that he would be part of the team porting it to a console, if it ever happened.

I'd imagine they give the PC-Code to another team who then Ports it to the console.

would probably suck, but I play the pc-version anyways :-)

This is like the debates about third person: "Just play on a first person only server, don't force your playstyle on others!". Why the hell do you PC-people care if it gets a console release way down the line? No one is forced to play it. And don't tell me it will "destroy" the original game.

Just to clarify I play a majority of my games on PC as well, but this whole consoleiscrap-discussion annoys me. If anything it could help to improve the quality of future consoles.

And also, I realize there isn't that much hating going on in this particular thread but I assume it will come. :)

This is like the debates about third person: "Just play on a first person only server, don't force your playstyle on others!". Why the hell do you PC-people care if it gets a console release way down the line? No one is forced to play it. And don't tell me it will "destroy" the original game.

Just to clarify I play a majority of my games on PC as well, but this whole consoleiscrap-discussion annoys me. If anything it could help to improve the quality of future consoles.

And also, I realize there isn't that much hating going on in this particular thread but I assume it will come. :)

it could improve games as we know it. companies will try :o

Rocket will probably go to the console world soon after the Alpha is done like Jeb or Notch did with Minecraft. The controls may not be as hard as you think, they could add dual press buttons or holding down buttons and the map could be opened in the inventory instead of a button much like the compass and GPS.

Lol if it's going to be on consoles, make it atleast the next gen ones. A 360 would catch a fire if it ran dayz lmao!

Rocket will probably go to the console world soon after the Alpha is done like Jeb or Notch did with Minecraft. The controls may not be as hard as you think, they could add dual press buttons or holding down buttons and the map could be opened in the inventory instead of a button much like the compass and GPS.

As I said in my earlier post Minecraft didn't port to console until after the 1.0.0 official release. I think 1.2 or 1.3 had been released by the time the console port dropped and the console version was running beta version 1.6.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Rocket wont let us down. I might even buy it for console too, since I'm getting PS4.

As I said in my earlier post Minecraft didn't port to console until after the 1.0.0 official release. I think 1.2 or 1.3 had been released by the time the console port dropped and the console version was running beta version 1.6.

Also It was a different company that ported Minecraft to the 360 as Mojang A) Had no console experience and B ) Had started early work on Scrolls.

Edited by Movin_pics

Hello there

If OFP can port to an xbox, the dayz can too.

As long as the game (for the PC) is not compromised in any way, I have no issue.

But as this is all conjecture at this time, i'm not going to worry a whit about it. Lets save our rage for if/when we have the facts.

Rgds

LoK

ps Movin_pics, I like your avatar.

Edited by orlok

Also It was a different company that ported Minecraft to the 360 as Mojang A) Had no console experience and B ) Had started early work on Scrolls.

It's nothing to do with the company that ported the game. The issue is that it costs a lot of money to release an update on Xbox LIVE, and I'd assume it's the same for PS3, so it would be unwise to port the alpha and then have to patch the console version every time a new build was released on PC. The smart thing to do is wait for the 1.0 final release build to roll out on PC and then port to console when there won't be so many updates. :)

• Like 3

It's nothing to do with the company that ported the game. The issue is that it costs a lot of money to release an update on Xbox LIVE, and I'd assume it's the same for PS3, so it would be unwise to port the alpha and then have to patch the console version every time a new build was released on PC. The smart thing to do is wait for the 1.0 final release build to roll out on PC and then port to console when there won't be so many updates. :)

console guys don't want an unfinished product too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/167zzc/i_think_it_will_be_interesting_if_dayz_hits_over/

Rocket said:

It's just basic maths really. Anyone in the video game industry would say the same thing, once a game reaches a certain point - the likelihood of some kind of console port becomes quite high. Cross-platform releases are about maximizing sales. I care about zero for consoles, personally. I have an Xbox 360 they gave me with my tv, I played for about a few hours and it just wasn't for me. I used to work at Sidhe interactive and that really reinforced for me I don't like console GAMES nor the DEVELOPMENT of them. But many people do, so I would personally not have anything against a DayZ console port - although I struggle to see how I would personally be involved in such a development. I mean, I really couldn't care if there was a current gen console port. Anyone thinking my comments constitutes news really bemuses me, it's seems very obvious to me: certain number of sales = console port = more sales?

Rocket said:

If it was developed concurrently cross platform then yes, it would impact (i.e. Skyrim, XCOM). I would be, ahem, very unhappy with such a thing.

But if independently of PC, it gets released on the Mac, iPhone, casio wristwatch, tibetian-ceremonial-balsa-wood-entertainment-drums ... who really cares? 2012 is the year of the PC game, the console manufactures know it, and they need to deliver for 2013 and beyond. We make the PC standalone development the best it can be... and if that translates well to another platform, cool! it means more players, and ultimately more customers.

Rocket said:

DayZ was/is made to be the game that I want to play, not that makes the most money. I don't enjoy console games, I don't like the controller and the lack of options they currently present from a design perspective. There's not really any redeeming features for me, currently, for a console that would make me drop the PC. I've worked in console development before, didn't care much for it.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

mZLY you're right and I agree with that point, the reason I brought up which company did which was just to reassure people that the PC SA won't suffer from the port or that we would lose Rocket to the 'dark side' of gaming.

I feel sad for those playing Day Z on the console.

And I would feel really really disappointed if they cut in half the controls, interface and performance of the game on the PC just because it will be the same shit on the console. Hope they don't do that... (I guess they won't but you never know)

the spec of the ps4 is close to highend pc lol it will run it close to what we play on now . only difference will be controls if mouse support is added to ps4 then booom! no difference at all.

also i already posted about this other day

http://dayzmod.com/f...be-second-best/

wait till we on pc are the subforum .

Edited by dgeesio