applejaxc

Don't Be Fooled by Other Players: "Bad Guns" are Hidden Gems!

1: Dave, nice to see you haven't changed a bit.

2: Dave loves grinding people, the best way to deal with him when he gets on your case is to tell him to shut the fuck up and move on.

3: Dave is awesome, in a weird, fetish kind of way.

4: Apple, I don't think Shatner's comment was aimed at you.

5: It's the internet. Calm down. Relax. Take a deep breath. Have a wank. Go to your happy place. Whatever keeps you happy, do that. BUT STOP WASTING MY INTERNET POINTS ON HOSTILITY. please.

Edited by Diddums
  • Like 1

Don't forget individual gameplay!

makarov is a great gun, if you headshot only. If you blast your gun to the chest of a zombie to "make it stop", like many beginners do, it's the worst choice for a weapon there is.

Personally I think the g17 is the perfect handgun in the game. If there was an SD-version, even better, but with M9SD-ammo, at least the zombies don't hear me. The sight is awesome, headshots are as easy as they are with no other weapon except those with reddot-scopes. And the fire-rate is as high as it is with an assault-rifle on semi. Something I need, as I always use single-shot (like I would in real life..)

The next thing is a players expectation. If you expect to meet a lot of players, you'd probably take the Lee Enfield, just in case.

If you plan on going off-road only on a server with 3 people playing, you might stick with your hatchet.

Lee Enfield Sucks against zombies. Kill one, Get 1million new ones for free. But it's by far the best weapon to kill another player while still looking for better gear. If you plan on getting gear by looting fresh-slaughtered players, you'd be stupid not to take the lee enfield until something better comes along.

Edited by liquidmind

What's wrong with the Makarov? :(

The Makarov doesn't seem to have much stopping power. I usually would just walk past a Makarov. I prefer the M1911 but I would take a G17.

Edited by Provos

-G17 is good-

In real life, I'd pick the G17 last in my zombie survival arsenal, above only revolvers; it's literally a piece of plastic that goes bang.

What's wrong with the Makarov? :(

It's weak, so you waste ammo. It's inaccurate, so you waste ammo. It fires 5.45x ammunition, so in real life (and hopefully the SA) it'll jam like a sonfabitc. It looks dumb, so there's no placebo psychological advantage in fights.

It's weak, so you waste ammo. It's inaccurate, so you waste ammo. It fires 5.45x ammunition, so in real life (and hopefully the SA) it'll jam like a sonfabitc. It looks dumb, so there's no placebo psychological advantage in fights.

Makarov fires 9mm, the PSM fires 5.45mm.

One gun nobody will convince me of is the Winchester. For zombies, sure, it's great, but for anti-player purposes? On a cold day in hell... it's horrid.

Makarov fires 9mm, the PSM fires 5.45mm.

One gun nobody will convince me of is the Winchester. For zombies, sure, it's great, but for anti-player purposes? On a cold day in hell... it's horrid.

Are you kidding? I LOVE the shotguns as anti-player guns; killing people will crap guns pisses them off more.

Can't tell if you don't understand comedy or what... British isn't a race, southern-state American isn't a race, and Irish isn't a race, idiot. And what was ignorant? Did I say anything is wrong? No, I stated that when I impersonate bandits, that is the voice I imagine. I stated a qualitative fact. I think you're ignorant to the correct use of both the word ignorance and race.

Dude. Calm down. I wasn't comparing people with special needs to zombies, I was saying the zombies in the game are like people with special needs. If you're going to be mad and blow something out of proportion, at least be mad for the right reasons and really read the post next time.

It's still bad form.. "stay away from the Irish, the British and southern people".. wtf is with that? What would you call it? I'd call it Ethnic prejudice and that's the same attitude as racism so in my book, you're just as bad as any racist.

And as for your second excuse. I think you need to apologise because that was barely an excuse, you simply confirmed what i pointed out.

Having a sister who has "special needs", I'm pretty sure I know how she'd feel if i compared her to a ZOMBIE [Edit: or Vice Versa]. Her condition is deteriorating, along with her cognitive skills. She has trouble walking and her skin is getting pale.

Listen, any other day, your post would be fine but today, buddy, the wrong person logged onto the forums at the wrong time and read the wrong post.

I think you need to think twice before you type up whatever comes out of your head, and that's a part of growing up and acting your age, which makes me think that a forum is not the right place for you.

You offend someone and accept no responsibility. It might be the "Internet", but it's still a respectful forum.

-------------------

1: Dave, nice to see you haven't changed a bit.

2: Dave loves grinding people, the best way to deal with him when he gets on your case is to tell him to shut the fuck up and move on.

3: Dave is awesome, in a weird, fetish kind of way.

4: Apple, I don't think Shatner's comment was aimed at you.

5: It's the internet. Calm down. Relax. Take a deep breath. Have a wank. Go to your happy place. Whatever keeps you happy, do that. BUT STOP WASTING MY INTERNET POINTS ON HOSTILITY. please.

I do love grinding people. B)

You should see me in the Side Chat, I can kill you with words from the other side of Chernarus.

Thanks Diddums and it's nice to hear your logic once again. I'm gonna go get a few beers and talk a nice scenic walk in DayZ.

Edited by DaveZ

-snip-

1: I understand the joy of "Grinding" people on the internet.

2: You're taking it past its meaning....

I don't mean, "Bandits sound like X group because X group is full of assholes."

I mean, "My fantasization of DayZ requires such unusual groups for the type of entertainment I seek to be used to add flavor to characters I honestly know nothing about." IF ANYTHING, my friends across the Atlantic and the Georgia-Alabama are should be bloody grateful I'd use them for the important, daring, and antagonistic roles.

Edited by Applejaxc

1: I understand the joy of "Grinding" people on the internet.

2: You're taking it past its meaning....

I don't mean, "Bandits sound like X group because X group is full of assholes."

I mean, "My fantasization of DayZ requires such unusual groups for the type of entertainment I seek to be used to add flavor to characters I honestly know nothing about." IF ANYTHING, my friends across the Atlantic and the Georgia-Alabama are should be bloody grateful I'd use them for the important, daring, and antagonistic roles.

Still no apology. It's amazing how that just flew over your head.

Edited by DaveZ

Still no apology. It's amazing how that just flew over your head.

I'm not apologizing. It wasn't meant to be offensive; you misunderstood the post and chose, and still choose, to be offended.

FYI the Winchester 1866 is not a shotgun it is a rifle.

the Enfield is my go to gun in the start, unless I find a winchester I will take the enfield.

use a makarov for anti zombie and the enfield for Banditry.

The moment you go from an unarmed fresh spawn to a guy with a rifle and a pistol, no matter how low end they are is a moment where you finally feel a little more secure in dayz, its a big first step in your survivors game life.

If it can kill another player or a zombie, or a cow for dinner then its good!

I'm not apologizing. It wasn't meant to be offensive; you misunderstood the post and chose, and still choose, to be offended.

You think that being offended is a choice?

Narcissistic prick. Your guide sucks btw, it's missing a lot of info and the makarov is actually quite good as long as you know its limits. I could make a better one and I'm pretty sure you only made this for popularity points.

There's nothing here that can't be learned in the 1st few playthroughs. You think you're being creative but you're not. The makarov is very quiet, if used in-doors, kill what zombie you need to, clear a path and run.. Most players who hear it from a distance, won't know which direction it came from and telling a player not to pick up a gun is just dumb.

Flares: you can't talk about theories when posting a guide, it can get people killed. What you should have said is: When throwing flares, you should always throw 4-5 in a 360' direction and 1 for where you actually need the light,. Throw some towards places you aren't going to explore. This will make it harder for players to pin-point your position.

If you're using flares, only use them if you can't see a thing. There's no need to otherwise.

There's always the Fireplace. Make a fire outside of town, 2 or 3 in a long line, give yourself space (at your own risk, considering server population). That way, you'll have a safe zone where you can retreat to, where there are no zombie spawns. Retreat, pick of the zombies, collect yourself and try again with more caution.

I don't only want to discuss guns and equipment, now that I think about it:

Because you were looking for a quick fix of popularity.

Dammit, if you're gonna post a guide.. do it right.

Edited by DaveZ

You obviously don't have a sister who is being compared to a zombie.

cry me a river.

Once again nobody cares, go away.

I like road flares.... I like them a lot! Every bag i have carrys 10 spare. Few people use them for their intended pupose, area denial, illuminating the enemy and running through cherno carrying one.

Edited by Trizzo

another underrated weapon is the DB shotgun, even though it is a terrible anti-zombie weapon if you are a Bambi in cherno it is a good indoor gun.

• Like 1

I like road flares.... I like them a lot! Every bag i have carrys 10 spare. Few people use them for their intended pupose, area denial, illuminating the enemy and running through cherno carrying one.

We need a thread dedicated to road flares. (I'll search now) If a thread is created with great info, i think it's worth a sticky in the guide section because 1/2 of Dayz is night survival and flares play an important part of that 1/2.

I remember a player (turned friend) throwing flares at the building i was looting. I had no Zombie agro but as soon as the flares were the flares were thrown, zeds walked upstairs to my area and put me in an awkward position.

To think that simply throwing a flare at the right spot at the right time can give a player so much grief. Flare Strategy needs to be explored.

I have a video using flares in combat and comment on the use of them/how to, let me know if you make the thread, i use them all the time, no jokes, i love them....im so sad i have never found a M203 Flare AND an M203. Its my end game dream :) pretty lights

Edited by Trizzo

I have a video using flares in combat and comment on the use of them/how to, let me know if you make the thread, i use them all the time, no jokes, i love them....im so sad i have never found a M203 Flare AND an M203. Its my end game dream :) pretty lights

I haven't found one either and every time i find a M203 flare, I feel sad that i have to leave it behind. Don't care for the explosives tbh. It's just a shame that the M16A2 M203 has such blunt iron sights. After a while I could get used to it but eventually, it could be the death of me, long range, which is what rifles are for... Blunt sights are not something you wish for. And the Tragectory sights are blinding to some degree.

I Think: It's a weapon you store in your tent, if you have knowledge of groups of players, grab the gun and flares... Use the flare as a diversion whilst somebody attacks from the opposite direction. The flares are an eye sore, can't help but look and let your guard down.

Maybe even attract a passing heli. Friendly? good... Random Heli.. it'll come closer and a friend with an AS50/M107 can shoot it down... for the lolz

Edited by DaveZ

You think that being offended is a choice?

The original post was obviously not intended to be offensive in any way at all.

I find racism abhorrent, but the OP was not being racist, at all.

You're projecting racism onto him, then becoming offended, then ranting about it. That was your choice.

KQTI95e.jpg

Or you can avoid the use of illegal dehibilitators because the only things they bring to society is nonfunctional stoners and a suction that drains money from the US economy in 2nd tier economical activities (ones that are not legally recorded, like garage sales). Marijuana sales have helped drain money out of the US economy and send it to foreign countries, who then control an increasing percentage of total US dollars in global circulation. This means that, as money continuously flows out of US ownership.....

That... is... ridiculous...

The only reason that the money is flowing out of the country is because of the prohibition against it -- just like when there was prohibition against alcohol how all the booze money went into the Mafia and organized crime, today all the pot money goes to Mexican psychopaths. Real clever.

In countries without prohibition, there's the same number of users (and actually a decrease since de-criminalization, due to money that was previously spent on useless enforcement now being spent on rehabilitation, education and support programs), but they money spent by those users goes towards legitamate businesses and is taxed by the government.

You can't blame stoners for the economic consequences of their lifestyle when it's actually government policy that's causing these effects, and you can't stamp out a subculture with inhumane enforcement (remember that the criminalization of pot was originally introduced as a legal way to discriminate against mexicans, where the culture of marijuana use was common). All that Nixon's war on drugs has done is waste billions on enforcement, make cartels rich, and ensure that 25% of the worlds prisoners are American, while only 5% of the world is American.

As for every stoner being useless... never mind all the brilliant artists, thinkers and scientists of the world who've enjoyed the occasional joint. We'd be better off if they'd all been locked up, right....

I guess anyone who ever has a beer once a month is a also just a useless alchoholic that's a drain on society too.

Edited by ActionMan