kutuup1989

Too Many Hackers, I'm Done.

Last three characters I've played, going perfectly well, kitted up, living out in the wilderness away from any player populated areas, even at the very edges of the map. I'll be running through the woods, suddenly, player pops in front of me with a ghillie and a sniper and one shots me in the head, then pops out again. Sometimes I don't even see them, just walking around in the middle of nowhere and BAM headshot with a sniper, dead. This happens on regular servers and private hive servers. I once even questioned someone on what they were doing in the woods at the edge of the map one of the occasions I didn't even see them, their reply? "Hacking.". They weren't banned from the server, admins seem to be just tolerating it now. This has gotten boring, you can play 6 hours or more and get one shotted by some cunt who thinks they are being uber 1337 by cheating. When this goes standalone, there's only one solution to this problem, if you are found hacking? Lifetime ban from every server. Either play by the rules like everyone else or don't play at all. I don't care if you paid $50 for the standalone game, in the old west you'd take a bullet in the face for cheating at a game, $50 is small price to pay for cheating. How to deal with the legal side? State in the end user agreement that if you are caught cheating you will be permanently banned from the game. Done. Hackers have ruined this game and unless there is a halfway decent anti cheating system in the standalone and an actual penalty for cheating to the degree that cheaters simply aren't allowed to play, I'm not buying it. I'd be more annoyed but at the moment it's free so I can't really complain. If I'd paid money for this hacker infested joke of a game, I'd be royally pissed.

• Like 4

:c

You already get a lifetime ban from all servers if you're caught cheating. So according to you, we've sold the problem! Hip hip hurray!

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 3

You could always get whitelisted on a private hive there are many to choose from. Since being on Balota buddies i haven't encountered a single hacker playing on public servers is a mugs game.

• Like 2

NZh9iEI.jpg

1. its standalone's one of the main priorities to PREVENT HACKING.

2. the current mod is free, and u paid for arma 2 not dayz

3. stop whining

~4. i feel ur pain

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 6

You could always get whitelisted on a private hive there are many to choose from. Since being on Balota buddies i haven't encountered a single hacker playing on public servers is a mugs game.

As I said in the post, this has happened on private hive servers too.

As I said in the post, this has happened on private hive servers too.

Yeah i noticed that but i guess you are just unlucky with the private hives you have chosen some have very weak whitelisting and others have more detailed checks etc look around a bit more.

Hello there

Whitelisted servers are the way to go and even then you need to find one well run with folk you can gel with.

Try some of the more popular ones, you can find links everywhere in this forum.

If you quit, you will be the one to lose out.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

good night sweet prince

Edited by pbrunk

Hackers love seeing people rage about it. So making a post saying that you're quitting only makes him feel cool or awesome.

Don't quit DayZ because you're the only only one missing out.

Get on a whitelisted server

Make your own server

Get Admin on a server and ban hackers

I dunno, those are a few things you can do to help stop this.

• Like 1

:c

You already get a lifetime ban from all servers if you're caught cheating. So according to you, we've sold the problem! Hip hip hurray!

Yeah but the problem is that there are private hives with shitty admins. Like he said, Admins are just tolorating it now. Probably because they can be bribed with nice gear from the hackers. We need professional, Corporate, Admins who dont sit around with their thumbs up their ass. Not only is hacking becoming a major issue, Abusive kiddie admins are on the rise too. Were talking about kids who (as admins) will deliberately GLOBALLY ban someone because they got killed and decided to throw a big ass temper tantrum. We need BATTLEYE Professional ADMINS. And publicly fixed servers.

P.S. this is probably one of the most thought out and well typed complaints ive seen on hackers/hacking. I agree 100%, Its getting really really old. I refuse to buy the game too if they dont fix this problem.

About the whitelisted servers thing.... It shouldnt be the player/ consumers job to make a fun gaming experience for a gaming community that has thousands and thousands of players. The dayz staff (no offence guys, you do a great job) should really show a little more care for their own game and the people who play it. without us players, there wouldnt even be a dayz standalone. If you just focus on making the game and look at the public servers and go "meh." Players are gonna look at your game and go "meh."

Yeah but the problem is that there are private hives with shitty admins. Like he said, Admins are just tolorating it now. Probably because they can be bribed with nice gear from the hackers. We need professional, Corporate, Admins who dont sit around with their thumbs up their ass. Not only is hacking becoming a major issue, Abusive kiddie admins are on the rise too. Were talking about kids who (as admins) will deliberately GLOBALLY ban someone because they got killed and decided to throw a big ass temper tantrum. We need BATTLEYE Professional ADMINS. And publicly fixed servers.

...only BattlEye can globally ban people. Server admins can't. BattlEye and server admins aren't related.

There are plenty of professional, mature admins out there.

come join BB, lolololol

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

About the whitelisted servers thing.... It shouldnt be the player/ consumers job to make a fun gaming experience for a gaming community that has thousands and thousands of players. The dayz staff (no offence guys, you do a great job) should really show a little more care for their own game and the people who play it. without us players, there wouldnt even be a dayz standalone. If you just focus on making the game and look at the public servers and go "meh." Players are gonna look at your game and go "meh."

Do a little bit of research before you post. Fixing the cheating in the mod is literally impossible.

LOL

TBH i havent ran into a single hacker in, idk, 3 months maybe? call it luck, but i call it a good selection of servers.

Try out DayZero, Whitelisted by GUID + password protected. Pretty much the back to the roots DayZ with not a single hacker. So far anyway and its been a good while

• Like 1

First join a whitelisted server. The do a bit of research. Its the Arma engine that allows the hacking. That's why they're making a new engine for the standalone, to prevent hacking. Third, we don't want to hear you complain about it. Its an obvious problem, and if you had bothered to do a couple seconds of research, you would have known that the reason for the delays is that they're preventing hacking.

• Like 1

omg guys did u here tht hakers are bad i donint no tol now but dis post opned my eys

What? Primary school taught you well.

Try UK11 machoman taviana, it is a private hive and the all admin are on the ball dude. Since the server has been whitelisted there hasn't been a hacker.