r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Ok so yea we need to know everything you can find out from the admins and get any logs they can provide. It looks like the auto save is not working not sure how or why its working fine here.

Is infection modifiable serverside? I have been beaten severely several times this morning and nothing happened apart from blood loss. Found matches in a random house, it now pays to go to the out of the way places unless you are packing serious firepower due to lower zombiecount and better possibility of sneaking. The zombies inside the houses is a seriously nasty surprise, it will take a while to get used to.

Is it correct that zombies never stop chasing now?

Is it correct that zombies never stop chasing now?

No that system has not changed really the timer is a little longer for Line of sight but no you can lose zeds in tress and stuff very easy.

why dont you just go back to a earlyer patch and fix bugs you had on that, and there is the good old dayz like it should be none of this stuff we have now, you want it to be like the good old days as i do, so roll it back,instead of doing all this stuff trying to make it better and harder i remember from the patches from april to july last year where the best one,s and was dayz why not go back to the main roots of dayz,

who else would like to see this? if the dev team agree with this we should make a poll to see how many want it to go back to the good old dayz, if you do let your self be heard and if you think there should be a poll about it say so

Edited by mrgreenfingers
  • Like 1

m249 is illegal. Only M249_DZ is legal and is whitelisted in battleye filters.

So basically i can say bye-bye to dayz mod? I cant login to drop anything beacuse i have some "illegal" stuff on me xĐ. This is surely an I'm fucked situation.

Find a private hive or ask the admin/support to remove said items?

This new infection thing would be awesome, if the character movement was smoother and quicker. Things like climbing a ladder, changing weapons and getting up after being knocked down are just pain in the ass even without those infected zeds.

So basically i can say bye-bye to dayz mod? I cant login to drop anything beacuse i have some "illegal" stuff on me xĐ. This is surely an I'm fucked situation.

I would suggest downgrading and joining a 1.7.6.1 server and putting your gear in a tent somewhere, then upgrade back to 1.7.7.

Try to find a public hive server with lower security, still in 1.7.6.1 for example.

On gametracker.com, search for a DayZ server which name contains 1.7.6, which is not private and running a "DayZ" map (exact match).

Get in, then drop your weapon or get killed.

• Like 1

no as50's or m107 why?!???

Zeds being a bit more of a menace is nice and all but why keep the wild spawning ones? It would be fine if the server spawned them and they'd wonder about, ending up in forests and what not. But as it is now it just feels like they magically appear all over chernarus, more like ghosts than infected. Also they provide some abominable meta-gaming since zeds in the wild are always a dead give-away of someone's position.

those new weapon bans have already been removed on my private hive servers :)

• Like 1

those new weapon bans have already been removed on my private hive servers :)

So have you also fixed the issue of the M107 and i believe the AS50 having a green box that locks onto players zombies and vehicles?

Watch full screen in 1080p.

Edited by Fluxley

I'm liking the new patch. I like the new difficulty of the zombies. They are now much more of a threat (as they should be).

Liking how rare loot is, items you find now feel like they are worth something, and not everyone is running around with military grade loot.

I also like that infection will now kill you.

Generally a good patch... but :-

The knockdown rate off a zombie is a tad too high in my opinion.

AB need to be slightly more common than they are, but not so common as getting infected is sorted out within 5 minutes. I appreciate that finding the balance is not easy. But most people seem to agree that although the increased infection rate is good...spending your entire game time looking for AB is a bit much.

To be honest, we have all waited a very long time for this patch. So I am very disappointed to see that Zombies hitting you from 10ft away is still present. Zombies walking through walls is still present. And Zombies hitting you through walls is still very much an issue.

Myself and I imagine most of the community would like to see this fixed properly, as opposed to time being spent adding new items like "a wet pack of playing cards". Really?

If your changelog says these things are fixed, how come the majority of people are discovering that they are not...within 15 minutes of play? I'm not having a go, but from what I have read on these forums, this patch was finished and awaiting Rockets approval for a very long time. So it kind of begs the question as to who was testing these things? And why weren't they discovered and fixed before release?

As I say, I generally like the patch, but it is very disappointing to see the zombies still effectively broken a year later in regards to pathing and glitching through walls. This above everything else needs to be fixed. But this is just my own opinion.

• Like 2

I just had a good run on the new patch.

If it wasn't already, the hatchet should be your new best friend.

Zombies can still be lost very easily - c'mon those who say otherwise aren't trying. Run into a barn or a building with 2 entrances and the aggro is gone - just like before.

I didn't get infected but i can see how antibiotics are going to be a problem - i looted a hospital with no luck. I told one guy i had some and he offered me an M4 in a trade. This is definitely adding a whole new problem into the mix.

No the m249 isnt banned

So... what does this mean - m249 is illegal. Only M249_DZ is legal and is whitelisted in battleye filters"

I read several posts near the start of the thread and am happy that many people enjoy a harder game with more difficult zombies because that's what DayZ is all about.

We all (mostly!) know what DayZ is meant to be, and we most defintely do not want to nerf it because of either newbies or long term bambies at large - which I am glad the developers are aware of. What I guess I'm trying to say is, there will always be differing opinions on the difficulty of DayZ, some whine and others rejoice but at the end of the day, players shouldn't be looking at mechanics in the game and thinking of the developers to blame for making it like that, but instead should be.. well immersing into the game and imagining it was real (if that is possible!) - and so the player deals with difficult problems that arise in the game without getting stroppy at poor gameplay design decisions. In real life you can't really say, aww God, why do we have to sleep for a whole 8-9 hours!?!? (Not that I believe in God).

• Like 2

So... what does this mean - m249 is illegal. Only M249_DZ is legal and is whitelisted in battleye filters"

Arma and DayZ use two different versions of the M249,

M249 = Arma

M249_DZ = DayZ

The arma version can't be used on DayZ servers

I like the new patch , its like a new game imo . Just make sure you don't have zeds around you when you're in a gun fight , 4 zeds @ 50/50 chance to knock you down aaarrg!! Have a great day!

Arma and DayZ use two different versions of the M249,

M249 = Arma

M249_DZ = DayZ

The arma version can't be used on DayZ servers

Ah, thanks that cleared that up for me.

I thought he was talking about the M249 as in what people usually call the SAW. And got a bit confused.

Ah, thanks that cleared that up for me.

I thought he was talking about the M249 as in what people usually call the SAW. And got a bit confused.

Its called the M249 SAW in game but in the loot table its M249_DZ, its the same thing, but yeah, dont worry its still in game.