r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Keep your beta @ 103718 or you're gonna have a buggy time

(its out of the devs control)

If that's the case, someone should update the main post. The first line says specifically to "USE THIS ARMA 2 OA BETA: 103419"

Edited by Zetal

3419 is the min version to use and 9718 is max

Ah, see, I downgraded. I assumed it was some sort of mixup with the versions. I should upgrade again, then?

Ah, see, I downgraded. I assumed it was some sort of mixup with the versions. I should upgrade again, then?

Long as its one of them versions we are happy and we hope you will be too :-)

Thanks for the help! Just kidding, thanks for no help.

Dude, stop being an ass, just search the Steam Store for DayZ and you'll find 'DayZ Mod', and choose 'Beta'-something when it launches.

If you absolutely need to do it outside of steam, then just make sure the @DayZ-folder is within the mods-folder in operation arrowhead, and launch with some launch-options such as '-mod='@dayz'' or something. Maybe even a lauch option for 'beta', or probably even an option under 'expansions' when you've started the game.

Just search the web, or read some forum posts, I'm sure there is lots of information everywhere. Google it dammit.

Edited by Stian
  • Like 1

Havent had a chance to try 1.7 yet. Your opinions on it Klesh?

I liked it. Zombies seemed a little more active. People were pissing and moaning about the zombies being too difficult. I guess they wanted to have a tea party with them. My public hive character was already geared and up north, so I was able to get around just fine. I couldn't speak about fresh spawning and the ability to move through a city and get off the coast. I never got knocked down, I got hit several times and bled a few times, but never got infected. I had 3 antibiotics in my pack, so I wasnt worried about it really.

I did manage to get my first ever grenade kill on some sniper camping Stary mil tents. He never knew what hit him.

I haven't played in a few months, so alot seemed new to me anyway. I wanted to find a baseball bat and make a stash spot, but was unable to find the stuff for either.

• Like 2

Thoughts: Zombies are still kind've a pushover, as you can still very easily lose them with the aid of a single building, but it's definitely a very impressive and positive step in the right direction. Freshspawned in on a server with ~30 people in it, got an axe + food/water and headed inland. Been playing for about 45 minutes and I haven't actually gotten hit by a zombie yet. I did get shot at, but fortunately they missed. (whew!) So overall this update is very nice, but the axe still makes zombies very easy to fight against; maybe too easy. If all the zombies were the 'viral' zeds- now that would be amazing. <3

• Like 1

Played for a few hours earlier tonight, overall loving the new feel of the mod. Actually feels more apocalyptic now. Some of those zombies will stick to you like glue. Ran into 3 different people way off the coastline that had no weapons, this felt weird to see.

A lot of whinging in sidechat about getting infected. Now although it wasn't until near the end of my session that I personally got infected for the first time, but I do wonder if it may be a little too harsh. I need to play more to see how manageable it truly is, but I left the game today feeling like infection is impossible to deal with in the long term, and has now become the main concern. With the loot as scarce as it is, finding enough antibiotics for a whole group seems futile. Corpse running within groups is going to explode lol.

Like I said, I need to play more to truly decide how I feel on the infection thing, but those are my first impressions. This feels alot more like the old DayZ we miss. Consequently, I imagine there will be a bit of an angry, misguided backlash over the increased difficulty, but I say; bravo! Bring it on.

Edited by Kra
  • Like 6

How do we use the new Eipeen status? I know it was <insert> but it does not seem to work now

How do we use the new Eipeen status? I know it was <insert> but it does not seem to work now

It's Action key 20 under Controls > Custom, change it to whatever you want.

Edited by SmashT

Zombies are terrifying.. even worse last night; was there a change since yesterday because they seem a little tamer today?

I've not found a hatchet yet, but if I did, I would hesitate to pick it up because I'm scared to get knocked on my ass by Zombie Tyson. D:

Anyway, I'll post some feedback when I get a chance to go over my notes, but it seems a hell of a lot harder to be a fresh spawn than it was a few days ago.

This is good and bad, but whatever it is, it's definitely reminding me of what DayZ used to be, so that's a good thing for sure!

I just installed 1.7.7 patch and every time i spawn in debug area. Lot of players there and even more dead bodies. I restarted several times and then i spawn randomly on the coast. once in kamenka, once in solnichniy. Is this unexpected bug beiing fixed?

• Like 1

Bahaha, just ended my hour playsession by finding a helicopter. Think that sounds awesome? I got in, then got out to refuel it and died instantly. The thing ran me over. I got out, and the game decided to plunk me down INSIDE of the helicopter. Instakilled.

Silly DayZ, helicopter isn't door!

• Like 1

With each update and patch mode to play Dayz becomes increasingly difficult in terms of cyclical drop fps with each patch as if you are going to understate it,no offense to the final but as is

Been testing the patch on Wireworld and so far im not impressed.

The suped up zombies are to hard to handle and to glitchy to properly defend their current behaviour. Its like all the old patches where zombies were overpowered have been mixed together.

I know people were looking for a harder dayz, well thats what it is now but personally i dont find it very fun. Zombies are supposed to be a challenge yes but not one thats more threatening then other players.

Two kinds of infected, the soft ones and hard ones. Regardless they can hear you crouch running from across a field, they are so fast you cant lose them. You might have a chance when they are still far off but when close you are basically screwed. Like i said before, challenging zeds are fine but when you make them more powerfull and agile then players are, its missing the mark.

They can hit faster, manouvre better then players. They can hit lightning fast, while running and then moving again while players cant. The melee is still utter shit, and firing a weapon now is like ringing the dinner bell.

Add to that the chance of getting beat down, getting infected while bleeding and needing to headshot every one of the harder zeds because they wont go down otherwise. I dont know about you guys but i play this game to have fun and even weirder to relax! Not possible with how it is right now. I can't even run trough a forest or open field without zombies chasing me from the distance.

Nice "Community" patch but try testing it on a broader audience before deploying, i foresee a lot of people stopping to play because of the current difficulty.

(flame me all you want btw if thats what makes you feel better, im giving my honest opinion and i wont be logging back into my forum account untill stand alone 07)

• Like 4

Is anyone else having issues with the Steam version and getting stuck on "Retrying Authentication" over and over again? I am in the process of completely reinstalling my server because I thought I had botched the update somehow, but now I'm thinking it may have been an issue with the Steam version of the client files.

The suped up zombies are to hard to handle and to glitchy to properly defend their current behaviour. Its like all the old patches where zombies were overpowered have been mixed together.

I know people were looking for a harder dayz, well thats what it is now but personally i dont find it very fun. Zombies are supposed to be a challenge yes but not one thats more threatening then other players.

Two kinds of infected, the soft ones and hard ones. Regardless they can hear you crouch running from across a field, they are so fast you cant lose them. You might have a chance when they are still far off but when close you are basically screwed. Like i said before, challenging zeds are fine but when you make them more powerfull and agile then players are, its missing the mark.

They can hit faster, manouvre better then players. They can hit lightning fast, while running and then moving again while players cant. The melee is still utter shit, and firing a weapon now is like ringing the dinner bell.

Add to that the chance of getting beat down, getting infected while bleeding and needing to headshot every one of the harder zeds because they wont go down otherwise. I dont know about you guys but i play this game to have fun and even weirder to relax! Not possible with how it is right now. I can't even run trough a forest or open field without zombies chasing me from the distance.

Nice "Community" patch but try testing it on a broader audience before deploying, i foresee a lot of people stopping to play because of the current difficulty.

(flame me all you want btw if thats what makes you feel better, im giving my honest opinion and i wont be logging back into my forum account untill stand alone 07)

Even with this patch, the zombies aren't that bad. I'm not trying to flame you, I'm not calling you bad or anything like that when I say this- revise your playstyle. If you're dying to zombies, you're doing something wrong. Plain, simple, and to the point. Zombies aren't much of a threat to players that know what they're doing. They're only a threat to those that don't know how to deal with them, just like they would be in a true zombie apocalypse.

played couple of hours, with the squad. so far I like it a lot. impressions:

- although I understood zeds sight s limited to 100m, once they saw you, they ll keep running, not even the crouched running through thick pines won t help in most cases

- nice addition of the map item graphic. found cards and nails, did someone found a way to use 'em?

- lots of zed phantoms: 1/10 of a second zed s appearance; although not dangerous, distracting

- zeds doing their roaming in markets, not seeing me/us crouched at 1 or 2 meters. i can adapt to that :P

- zeds knocked me down several times; guess I ll have to adapt the passing-by/through distances; nice change, before 177 I could move between them, nothing would happen, but now I ll have to be more careful

- loot was very rare and cheap; markets, factory, hospital (this one was really worrying); still, lots of cans and coke on zeds

- got infected; great addition of the visual indicator for infection; I find welcomed the infection higher threat, cmon, they re zombies..

- got hit a lot of times by zeds, only couple of bleed, lots of knockdowns, one infection, but no broken bones, no unconscious; found it legit

so, conclusion, spent much more time escaping the zeds, spent much more ammo. I think this will surely influence the players interaction. can t wait to see in which way :))

felt muuuch more secure without the as50 threat.

didn't die, so no opinion as a fresh spawn, but I think the first hour will be much harder. fine with me.

can t wait for tomorrow to try the rest of the changes; congratulations to the devteam for putting up the patch!

I am sure that devs will balance all the feature, this patch is a proof they re a part of the community. I am thrilled and not worried at all, great game.

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 1

I just installed 1.7.7 patch and every time i spawn in debug area. Lot of players there and even more dead bodies. I restarted several times and then i spawn randomly on the coast. once in kamenka, once in solnichniy. Is this unexpected bug beiing fixed?

At a certain point in the server life time everyone spawns in the debug zone.

Please correct this,

d.

On steam, i go into properties, and betas, but this patch doesn't show up! Can anyone help?

I feel you. I've had similar experiences, and I get the foresight that unless they slow down the "infected" to a fun yet satisfying pace, perhaps even increase the number to scatter real people, (to more rely on peoples dynamic reactions) then I think this will just be a piss and moan fest, back and forth between to fast and to slow or to strong and to weak.

The mod is called Day Z. (Zed, Zombie, whatever).

In my opinion I think they should take more ques from the actual fictionalized undead theme, other than: "they have rage, like 28 days later, so they are fast."

That whole concept between what we are actually playing besides a survivor simulator with things to shoot at, needs to be more defined and with that comes benefits, baselines, a rule-set.

If they are "Zombies" then zombies, no matter what; "Ya gotta shoot em in the head."

This fast "infected" we have seems "scary" to some, but from my perspective, I enjoy the atmosphere more-so than the infected threat.

They are more of an annoyance at this stage; but perhaps if they were more integrated with the theme of the game I would have a better experience?

This is all coming from a person who grew up on the Romero trilogy of films and Resident Evil, so you can possibly get where I'm coming from.

I still enjoy the mod overall and many new things are being envisioned and brought to light that are great for the future of games in general.

Edited by Strongtent
  • Like 6