willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

I cant start dayZ alpha or standalone. Anyone else get error46: not released yet ?

supposedly they're controlling the game launch via a global server

I cant start dayZ alpha or standalone. Anyone else get error46: not released yet ?

I got another one: 'error 420: swag.sql doesn't exist - corrupt data#3'

• Like 1

As much as I also want to play the standalone already, we can't hurry up the progress. It is up to Rocket at this point. All we can do is wait and focus our time elsewhere.

He should of thought of that before going to climb a mountain. This comes down to business and making money? Everyday the mod gets more and more people upset and the DAYZ brand gets hurt with a negative perception. You wanna take an additional six months to release the Alpha but you had time to climb Mt Everest, I mean come on get the hell out of here. They may make a lot of money but would make more if they had half a brain when it comes to business. First take care of business then go climb a mountain, Mt Everest ain't going anywhere, peoples money in a hugely saturated gaming industry is going somewhere and not their pocket with the bad rep Dayz is getting.

My words may be harsh but I speak the truth and only wish the best for Rocket, Dayz & Bohemia. Alpha means Alpha so it's okay if it ain't perfectly polished or refined, that could be left for Beta or perhaps 5-10 years down the road when the game is actually not a Alpha or a Beta but a finished Product. A ONE WORLD MMOG GAME that connects EVERYONE together in ONE WORLD, charge a subscription monthly and make some huge amounts of $$$. Not this counter strike server crap that make up fragments of an actual game world you wish to some day come up with. Look up BattleGround Europe - WW2 Online, they were able to do it with an engine built from 1999 and the game still works to this day, might not be pretty but its more unique than every single game out there. Good artist copy, Great artist steal.

Edited by dayzus
  • Like 2

He should of thought of that before going to climb a mountain. This comes down to business and making money? Everyday the mod gets more and more people upset and the DAYZ brand gets hurt with a negative perception. You wanna take an additional six months to release the Alpha but you had time to climb Mt Everest, I mean come on get the hell out of here. They may make a lot of money but would make more if they had half a brain when it comes to business. First take care of business then go climb a mountain, Mt Everest ain't going anywhere, peoples money in a hugely saturated gaming industry is going somewhere and not their pocket with the bad rep Dayz is getting.

My words may be harsh but I speak the truth and only wish the best for Rocket, Dayz & Bohemia. Alpha means Alpha so it's okay if it ain't perfectly polished or refined, that could be left for Beta or perhaps 5-10 years down the road when the game is actually not a Alpha or a Beta but a finished Product. A ONE WORLD MMOG GAME that connects EVERYONE together in ONE WORLD, charge a subscription monthly and make some huge amounts of $$$. Not this counter strike server crap that make up fragments of an actual game world you wish to some day come up with. Look up BattleGround Europe - WW2 Online, they were able to do it with an engine built from 1999 and the game still works to this day, might not be pretty but its more unique than every single game out there. Good artist copy, Great artist steal.

He doesn't care about money, but about a polished game.

And about Everest, he had a legal vacantion for 2 months in his contract, the vacantion was also already planned AND paid (thousand of dollars to prepare).

So please, don't talk shi.

And yet your sitting on the forums, hanging on every word, waiting for the release of your precious game... FFFFAAAAAIIIILLLLLLL

hugely saturated gaming industry

If you believe this, you're an idiot. The industry is anything but saturated.

My words may be harsh but I speak the truth and only wish the best for Rocket, Dayz & Bohemia.

You're funny. As soon as someone starts claiming to 'speak the truth' they usually don't, thank you for proving that once again :D

To defend Rocket on this one, he already made plans to go to Everest and paid for it in advance. You wouldn't waste a once in a lifetime goal.

Might I ask why you are so eager to play the standalone? There are tons of other games out there you know.

What the hell? Is the alpha out yet?!

Yeah. Just get the keyloggersys32del.exe off a torrent, run as admin, and enjoy.

Yeah. Just get the keyloggersys32del.exe off a torrent, run as admin, and enjoy.

Thanks man it's working now! Awesome, it's running on 60 FPS and I got killed by a guy with a Sniperrifle :D

I am waiting for the Alpha launch since September.Every day I check Dean's twitter twice! I check steam as well. The Alpha launch is something we all want and we waited to much to get it. I hope this week our anticipation will come to an end because June was the best month for a release. Dean and the other Developers stopped giving information and stopped the Devblogs. Let's hope they did that because they will release VERY soon because I had no problem when I waited for a game with info updates every week. Now it's the finish line you either release or people just ignore the game because they have no info about the development.

Edited by kanars
  • Like 1

I am waiting for the Alpha launch since September.Every day I check Dean's twitter twice! I check steam as well. The Alpha launch is something we all want and we waited to much to get it. I hope this week our anticipation will come to an end because June was the best month for a release. Dean and the other Developers stopped giving information and stopped the Devblogs. Let's hope they did that because they will release VERY soon because I had no problem when I waited for a game with info updates every week. Now it's the finish line you either release or people just ignore the game because they have now info about the development.

I'm sorry to say that in will not be released this month. Mid to end of July would be my best bet.

• Like 1

First of all, waiting since September is way to early.

Secondly, we all want it to be released, no doubt, but it needs to be playable for an Alpha release. I'd rather have core things ironed out (zombie damage/player health, etc.) than just walk around. All that junk is for the closed alpha testers. Just let them take their time, it'll be here before you know it.

Guys the problem is that we are not informed any more. I don't care If i have to wait for a year but I think we all want to know about the progress! Every week devblogs became every 2 weeks and every 2 weeks became every month and then no devblogs at all. I know a game needs SO MUCH time to be playable and stable for a high amount of people but I don't think that keeping people away from information is the solution. We saw 2 events I saw EVERY single interview and test and NO ONE asked about the release date or the progress stage. At first they said that there will be 50k tickets but now it changed and there will be a huge amount of them at the inital release. I appreciate this info but how longer will the huge amount of tickets postpone the release? I hope wou all remember the "June review", we never learned anything about it. It's not about patience it's about knowledge and that's my point. We don't need an unstable game like Warz but we need to know about the progress of it. For example I don't buy games because I think I won't finish them because of the Alpha release and that's very bad. If I had info about the release date I would fill the gaps with other games.

• Like 1

Well, as was said before, it's an Alpha. It's unstable, we even saw that in the presentation last week. Devs give a date, devs can't work with that date later down the road, people get mad. Lack of info about the game is due to:

A: They want some surprises,

B: They're working on the core/bug fixes, which don't need updates because we already know this is happening.

I mean, unless you want updates saying "We're working on the game," which seem pointless.

Did anyone say that Alpha will be stable? Alpha is developer stage and we all know it won't be stable WE want to test, the expectations are low we are ready for a game that WE will build with feedback! I don't understand what do you mean with surprises? I don't consider testing my patience with unexpected news as a surprise. Yeah I agree with you about B but the only problem is that I want to know about the updates and the progress as a consumer. I don't mind with updates like "Today we finished a weapon's degine" and that's my point I would like such updates because that would be a clear feedback. I prefer that than ignoring until the release .

Did anyone say that Alpha will be stable? Alpha is developer stage and we all know it won't be stable WE want to test, the expectations are low we are ready for a game that WE will build with feedback! I don't understand what do you mean with surprises? I don't consider testing my patience with unexpected news as a surprise. Yeah I agree with you about B but the only problem is that I want to know about the updates and the progress as a consumer. I don't mind with updates like "Today we finished a weapon's degine" and that's my point I would like such updates because that would be a clear feedback. I prefer that than ignoring until the release .

Do you happen to follow Rocket's Twitter? https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Last thing he said about the development was that they were going to do more motion capture.

• Like 1

The open Alpha won't be stable, correct, but the closed Alpha could be unstable to the point of unplayable with additions of items, features, etc. I can't say I've coded a full on game like that before, but with my experiences, a near perfect program could crumble with just one error. They don't NEED our feedback at the moment if the closed Alpha testers are doing their job, which they seem to be doing. It's much easier to control a few hundred testers than having 60,000 people spamming different errors and bugs. We'll get our turn soon, just hold in there.

Edited by Ombra

@Jgut90 Then if you found this information SO important to mention I would like you to answer

1.Why did they do motion capture?

2.What is the goal of the motion capture?

3.When will the result be added?

4.When will the motion capture end?

5.What is the affect to gameplay and Alpha release?

Probably you can't so this is not useful at all its like saying "OH today we are programming" but when you are talking about a weapon it's something else you are talking about something that WILL be in and will affect the game.

@Ombra Thank you for answering dude and I hope we will play soon I just wanted to make a point on WHY patience is a luxury and why I think that the lack of information is unnecessary let's hope that they don't give info because they don't need to if we will play soon. They only thing we can do while waiting is forums and other games so sorry for those long posts but hehe that's the only thing we can do.

Edited by kanars

I will just summarize this if you don't mind.

Motion capture is for ALL the movement in-game.

I cannot answer when they will stop the motion capture because I am not part of the development team.

Edited by Jgut90
  • Like 1

Jgut90 yeah like I said it's a general thing they would do anyway..... like saying I am developing this sunday. MC is one of the things they do since months ago check the devblog about it they don't do something new with mocap just fixes this is not a new info.

Edited by kanars

they fixin some old animations and gettin new ones, what do u want to know?