willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

nah, thats an old one

oh it is? Im glad lol. Zombies half way stuck in the road video yeah?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Felthat is correct. I check here EVERY day for a topic saying: DayZ Standalone out! or something like that :D .

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Felthat is correct. I check here EVERY day for a topic saying: DayZ Standalone out! or something like that :D .

Me to allthough i think the hype for standalone is dying for alot of others :(

^^ That's unfortunate... :(. But, I will try to stay true to DayZ by playing... you guessed it, more DayZ!!

Me to allthough i think the hype for standalone is dying for alot of others :(

The hype dying down is a good thing. Peoples expectations have been way too high and the pressure on the devs has been immense. I hope the hype continues to die down so that the devs can continue to work in peace and not get sidetracked by external things they have no control over.

no hype is bad.

if you want no hype why goto e3?

the game needs hype to sell no hype no sell = no games .

this month is massive for dayz if it dont come out this month then ill be stunned tbh.

I agree hype is a good thing but if a game is hyped to such a point that any release by the devs will fall below expectations then that can't be a good thing. Most of the hype for the SA so far has been from within the community itself, not from the devs and it's usually based on misinformation or a misinterpretation of comments made by the devs.

E3 is a good chance to show what they have achieved (and not achieved) so far. It's important because it reaches out to a truly massive audience, most of the potential playerbase has probably never visited this forum or read a devblog, and it's a chance for the devs to "speak" to the whole playerbase via all of the the YT'ers and journo sites that will be covering it. Sure it will generate some hype but it's also a good chance for them to address much of the speculation directly and deliver some facts.

Edited by Fraggle

very important to read this e.g.

Everyone always complains it's not using ArmA 3, can you do the same sort of things ArmA 3 does in the engine?

It's an honest question and I can see why people ask it but I think those who have done their research know why we needed to go to an MMO. So in December we realised we needed to do this in order to deal with issues like hacking. I think people forget how much of an issue hacking was and still is, the only reason it didn't completely kill the mod was because of private hives. It was a bad situation so we needed to do it as an MMO and our lead programmer Andre (who is like the father of the whole Engine, he started it all) said he would really like to work on turning it into an MMO so we said sure do that and unfortunately that was a lot more work then we were anticipating and the fact that's it's done now is a miracle.

Bikeman: Most games I hear in development take 3-4 years, I don't think people realise how much progress you guys have made in such a short time.

Rocket: SmashT raised some really good points today that he had concerns about the quality of some of the transitional animations and the camera (clipping through buildings) and stuff like that, so we kind of take some steps back in some significant areas which is unfortunate and I think there are going to be some people who buy the alpha and then are going to be disappointed that some things are quite unpolished. I think that's legitimate and I think we are just going to have to accept that because it needs to get out and we aren't going to delay the alpha indefinitely until it reaches that point. We have reached the milestone we had to which was the server-client architecture and now it's really just making sure we have stuff in a state where people can do something with it. If we completed the large scale test last year then I don't think there would have been an issues releasing with virtually no content but now that it has been so long there is an expectation that a lot of stuff should be working.

read it! i guess some of you wil be deeply disappointed with the early alpha release.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

That's a good example of Rocket not hyping the game up, in fact he is frequently trying to keep player expectations in check.

Edited by Fraggle

maybe a sticky in the info-thread with all the basic answers and knowledge of what to expect from alpha release! that would be good way to counteract (as well on reddit or 4chan)

maybe a sticky in the info-thread with all the basic answers and knowledge of what to expect from alpha release! that would be good way to counteract (as well on reddit or 4chan)

I'm hoping nearer release we'll see a solid statement from the devs of what's to be expected in the initial release as well as of course via the Steam page it will be for sale on. At that point I think that would be a great idea.

Regarding hype, we'll know about it when they want to hype the game up via advertising ect. Now is not that time.

Edited by Fraggle

I'm hoping nearer release will see a solid statement from the devs of what's to be expected in the initial release as well as of course via the Steam page it will be for sale on. At that point I think that would be a great idea.

Regarding hype, we'll know about it when they want to hype the game up via advertising ect. Now is not that time.

I am curious to see how far bohemia will go with advertising arma 3 or just do none at all.

Edited by Blondedash

i m betting that there wil eb some serious complaining from many who expect something they are not going to get.

The complaints will somewhere along the lines of...

"Where is my AS.50?"

"This game is way too hard, worst game ever"

"Wheres my hacks...?"

You get the picuture...

Hi, someone have news about the closed tests? Or... Closed Alpha?

I think closed alpha have been around like months now...

• Like 1

No matter how many times everyone says it is still alpha that lacks content, people will whine like there is no tomorrow when it comes out.

Hopefully only people who are educated get the game in alpha that know what they are getting into. The guys who have looked on Reddit, the forums or other sources and know what is going on.

Unfortunately that is a completely unrealistic expectation and Joe blow will see it on steam and.....

cry about all the bugs and the lame graphics and being too hard and not having a guide and no 1337 snippers and lame zombies lyke no spitting ones and more unorganized ramplings and shit on the unorganized rambling angry emicon >:( >:( >:( :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan:

^ be prepared to see this kind off stuff

Yeh... Probably... Hehehe

Thanks ^^

Hey there and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on educating yourself about the product you wish to buy. You are already a better consumer than everyone that pre-ordered Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Now seriously

The closed alpha is just for forum and Reddit moderators along with Bohemia Interactive guys. They have all the people they need for this.

We will be getting the public alpha on steam sometime in the future. It will probably an okay game but will get much better as time goes along. There will NOT be extensive amounts of content on release.

You probably no whats going on.

Hey there and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on educating yourself about the product you wish to buy. You are already a better consumer than everyone that pre-ordered Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Now seriously

The closed alpha is just for forum and Reddit moderators along with Bohemia Interactive guys. They have all the people they need for this.

We will be getting the public alpha on steam sometime in the future. It will probably an okay game but will get much better as time goes along. There will NOT be extensive amounts of content on release.

You probably no whats going on.

too true sir apparently we get it tis month some time after e3 or that might just be youtubers and streamers