willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Just the fact you play bf3 makes you unworthy in my eyes to be part of DayZ. It's all you guys that team death match the crap out of DayZ which distracts from where I believe the game was headed. COD and BF are not and will not ever be as good a game as ArmA is.

wow....

• Like 4

wut.. ? First of all CoD & BF not being as good as Arma is purely subjective+ they are entirely different games meant to played differently. So what you're saying is we are not allowed to play DayZ if we play any other FPS than Arma & DayZ? Bro you've got problems.

Edited by Matman
  • Like 1

wut.. ? First of all CoD & BF not being as good as Arma is purely subjective+ they are entirely different games meant to played differently. So what you're saying is we are not allowed to play DayZ if we play any other FPS than Arma & DayZ? Bro you've got problems.

Lol, agreed. Enjoying one game doesn't mean you can't enjoy another one that has a different style. Sometimes I want a complex/deep gaming experience, sometimes I just want to smash stuff or look at nice graphics.

Almost...

June...

We can... make it...

BF and COD are more polished and complete games, not that they don't have a few bug/glitches/problems...

Arma2 is basically a half broken game, but its scope and scale are muuuuch larger than anything BF or CoD has ever accomplished, so naturally something so big and so intricate is going to have more broken parts to it than a smaller scale game like BF/COD.

Even Project Reality for BF2, which totally transformed the game into something that was actually playable was severely limited in scope compared to Arma2.

Well, Rocket has reached the summit, hopefully will be back at work soon. Let the forum frenzy begin! :)

He'll be at the office this monday :). According to his twitter we can expect lots of info!

source: https://twitter.com/...835454873354241

Why would he expect lots of info already? I do not know much about his trip, but I feel like he would be quite out of the loop here considering he hasn't contacted anyone? Not trying to troll or get peoples flame-on but I am just confused as to how he can already make that call (if he indeed actually said that) regardless don't get your hopes up too high guys I cant see this thing being released this coming month.

Why would he expect lots of info already? I do not know much about his trip, but I feel like he would be quite out of the loop here considering he hasn't contacted anyone? Not trying to troll or get peoples flame-on but I am just confused as to how he can already make that call (if he indeed actually said that) regardless don't get your hopes up too high guys I cant see this thing being released this coming month.

He's been in contact with the team everyday. Let's see if they save something for the E3.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Almost...

June...

We can... make it...

It isn't being released in June, lol. The dev team are 'reviewing the situation' i.e. getting together and hopefully setting some kind of schedule for when they'd like things to be completed by in June.

Rocket answered some questions on Reddit, twitter and twitch, you can find them here.

• Like 3

I don,t mind waiting if it comes out at the end of summer I wont mind.

It will give me more time to play the mod if I get my laptop.

It isn't being released in June, lol. The dev team are 'reviewing the situation' i.e. getting together and hopefully setting some kind of schedule for when they'd like things to be completed by in June.

Wha...

WHAT

*cries in a corner*

closed alpha already started

open alpha date maybe released today

Edited by R3cK

Stay tuned the forums, something is happening later today...

Edited by Gafen

Stay tuned the forums, something is happening later today...

says the guy with 2 posts

Almost...

June...

We can... make it...

May feels like the longest month ever cause of this, lol

May feels like the longest month ever cause of this, lol

I hear ya, and then... We have to wait after E3!

We...

Must...

Remain.....

Calm...

I don't know why you guys are getting excited yet. The SA (possibly the alpha) will quite clearly be a christmas '13 release.

Not only that, but why wouldn't the team at BI wait and make it a game available for the PS4 and Xbox 720? Not to mention the canabalisation of the Arma2 market (recall that the DayZ mod is driving those sales).

Rocket stated in the reddit that the skeletons are only half done. Stands to reason, that in that case it will take at least another six months.

Sorry to burst a lot of bubbles but this game is clearly going to genre defining, why not take the time and get it correct from the start?

TL:DR BI is using good, profitable business sense, rather than catering to the impatient few.

• Like 1

I don't know why you guys are getting excited yet. The SA (possibly the alpha) will quite clearly be a christmas '13 release.

Not only that, but why wouldn't the team at BI wait and make it a game available for the PS4 and Xbox 720? Not to mention the canabalisation of the Arma2 market (recall that the DayZ mod is driving those sales).

Rocket stated in the reddit that the skeletons are only half done. Stands to reason, that in that case it will take at least another six months.

Sorry to burst a lot of bubbles but this game is clearly going to genre defining, why not take the time and get it correct from the start?

TL:DR BI is using good, profitable business sense, rather than catering to the impatient few.

Agreed, we will not see SA release before Arma 3. If Bohemia has any business sense they will want to sell DayZ fans three products, Arma2, Arma 3 for the "official" DayZ Mod port and a taste of new engine and only then Dayz SA. And for that the order of release should be in the same sequence.