willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Someone's probably already asked this, but what does he mean by "Keys go out in waves"? Will only select people be given alpha keys or will the game be up on the new Steam Early Access thingy? Also, take all the time you need.

Someone's probably already asked this, but what does he mean by "Keys go out in waves"? Will only select people be given alpha keys or will the game be up on the new Steam Early Access thingy? Also, take all the time you need.

As in they will send out keys in batches of say "20,000" keys at a time, on a different day/month.

I think only people/organizations will be selected first, then to public.

• Like 1

I thought the whole idea behind the ALPHA release was for the gamers to be able to play WHILE the devs were fixing the game. Frankly I don't care at all about what clothes my character wears, because it does not impact my gameplay at all.

That is still the plan, however they need to complete the core client-server architecture before they can release the alpha. Bugs and lack of content are fine but if the core architecture is not complete then they can't release it, it's that simple. I don't know why this is so hard for people to comprehend. The game isn't being held back so that artists can make more clothes etc, they are waiting for the programmers to finish the client-server architecture and since they are waiting for that then they might as well have their artists working on other things in the meantime instead of sitting on their hands doing nothing. No matter how many times this is explained though people keep suggesting otherwise.

The initial alpha is going to be buggy and it's not going to have a lot of content, if you think otherwise then you are going to be disappointed. Manage your expectations better or you are going to be back here again after alpha release complaining because you assumed the alpha would be perfect even though we have been told numerous times now that won't be the case and that the delays are because they are waiting for the client-server architecture not because they are adding heaps of content and polish.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 9

It would just be best if they stopped communicating with the community until the game is finished. Giving false promises only angers the community as seen. It doesn't matter if they don't "need" to keep their promise for these different things: still upsets the community. At least when they aren't spoon feeding the community then it can the consumer/developer relationship can be kept professional and the bitching wouldn't be warranted.

If the dev's want to be buddy buddy with the community then I suggest they keep it between their current private testers.

Plus, the community can deal without hearing much about the game until the release. This gives more time to the developers to do their own thing.

If the game is released too late his 15 minutes of fame will be over.

I highly doubt that interests him all that much.

june= alpha oh well still coming this year.

is it is it really?

is it is it really?

NO!

damn people, its said that they will check the situation at that point... that DOES NOT mean that alpha will start then.

• Like 4

Looool, it's starting to scare me how much Rocket can write one thing and then people read that as something completely different.

To clarify, the situation is being reviewed when Rocket comes back. That may mean we get a release date, it may not, that is the purpose of a review.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

If the game is released too late his 15 minutes of fame will be over.

I highly doubt it. If he releases an amazing game, there will be more players.

Hopefully there won't be that many COD players coming in saying "Oh boy!! A new game!!" and later saying,"This game sucks! It's too hard and isn't like COD at all!". If it goes out on consoles as well, it will probably be like that.

If the game will be released before I die, it`s ok for me.So much other important things to do in life...

Edited by White Russian
  • Like 2

if it's what im expecting then im willing to wait.

I'm sorry, but your profile picture is distracting.
  • Like 6

Only time will tell...

Well tell time to get the hell over here so I can whoop his ass until he says something.

khfKI.jpg?1

Well tell time to get the hell over here so I can whoop his ass until he says something.

khfKI.jpg?1

Thats interesting, answer to your own post with a meme...

Just had to make post where you could barely use it? :D

People seem to be forgetting that they can still just play the mod

• Like 1

Yea the mod is getting some big improvements next update cant wait

People seem to be forgetting that they can still just play the mod

I think it's just that a lot of people have grown tired of the mod.

I think it's just that a lot of people have grown tired of the mod.

True, a lot of my friends has gotten a bit tired of the mod since updates are slow and also due to the fact that the stand alone is about to launch its alpha stage in a couple of months - rendering progress in DayZ Mod useless. I still love Dayz Mod, but I think the mod needs more work and I actually don't see the need for a "new game", I see why it is an interesting topic but I'm afraid that DayZ may go down with it - a lot of people think of DayZ as "DayZ Mod", which probably will not be the same. I really hope DayZ still has the DayZ Mod feeling to it.

Edited by Ironhuge