Hate the word.. just not fitting in a zombie apocalypse.

I even hate how that Frankie guy talks to other players when he encounters them.. like they are little children. I tell you something, if he did it to me I would tell him to shut the fuck up and simply shoot him.

too bad you cant shoot him :D

• Like 1

I picked it up here since I have never watched Frankie. I like it when used to describe someone who is lost and unfamiliar with the land. Of course with your objection noted and since this is the internet. Bambi.

Hello there

I dont find it offensive personally, but rather a lazy and ignorant way to present things. I do almost (but not quite) put it on the level of retard/gay/joey/spaz/etc etc. When most people use those terms they dont actually mean them as an insult referring to being homosexual, mentally/physically less capable rather as a catch all term. I think Bambi may go that way.

When I see it used, i sigh a little. I don't become offended. but I see it becoming more of an insult rather than a descriptor.

I may not have put myself across that well, I'm afraid.

I dont like the term, but its unlikely I'll give an infraction for someone using it. I hope you get my drift.

rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I will now refer to fresh spawns as Orloks. Hopefully it catches on. :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Mr Nasty
  • Like 6

It's a word EXPERT PRO MLG DayZ players call someone who doesn't have a NATO gun and a survivor skin. If they use that word on me, I shoot them and pop a few rounds in them just to make sure they know how I feel about the word.

• Like 2

Its just a word guys, i dont think its a derogative term when you consider all the things people will call you online in a game and when you consider that the guy who coined it helped alot of 'bambis'. Its just liike noob and such internet terms, these things stick im afraid.

I call them fresh spawns.. I don't like the word "bambi". Especially when it's mainly used by those kids that barely reached puberty. You can hear the voice cracks in direct chat when they go "Come here boeh, you little bambi" or some lame shit like that, while chasing you with a hatchet when you're unarmed.

This this this this THIS

I hate the word which-we-will-not-say-in-this-household and anyone who uses the word which-we-will-not-say-in-this-household!

Do you know how tempted I was to just post "Bambi"? Do you? I was afraid I'd catch a warning for Low Content post. Hence my explaination here.

It's pretty annoying, he calls everyone who isn't a bandit, himself or JackFrags a bambi.

It's pretty annoying, he calls everyone who isn't a bandit, himself or JackFrags a bambi.

Exactly this.

If I met Frankie ingame, and asked me to drop my weapon in that voice, I'd turn around and shoot him in the head if he didn't have god mode on.

• Like 1

I hate the term so very much...

Look at this shit...

Jesus Christ...

• Like 1

I hate the term so very much...

Look at this shit...

<snip>

Jesus Christ...

Whyyyyyy? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-y-y?

coastals

That's my new noob word. I prefered it over noob, so beans for you.

Frankie is a bit of a dick. Wont go into a ranting slur-fest, but I will say that he banned me and several others for suggesting that he could be hacking. The "bambi" phrase gets old pretty fast, not to mention it's awfully patronizing in the context that Frankie and most players use it.

Frankie is a bit of a dick. Wont go into a ranting slur-fest, but I will say that he banned me and several others for suggesting that he could be hacking. The "bambi" phrase gets old pretty fast, not to mention it's awfully patronizing in the context that Frankie and most players use it.

Suggesting he is hacking? He survived two freaking M249 shots to the chest, and still had full blood.

• Like 2

DON"T make this a Frankie hacking discussion please.

• Like 1

D5DyGqe.png

Not going to. Just noticing what I saw in that one episode where he raided Salvation City.

Now back on topic: I don't even know why I made this thread.

Now back on topic: I don't even know why I made this thread.

Because you dislike the overuse of the highly-irritating term "Bambi"?

My noun of choice is fresh-spawn. It's a nice and neutral. No pesky negative connotations to worry about.

Because you dislike the overuse of the highly-irritating term "Bambi"?

Oh yeah. But will that really change anything? :/

Oh yeah. But will that really change anything? :/

Anything's possible.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. I have a dream that one day this player base will rise up and live out the true meaning of the creed: "We won't call people moronic terms like 'bambis'".

:lol:

• Like 2