Sign in to follow this  
Leto (DayZ)

Does anyone actually cares about boiling water?

I don't know if it's just me, but since this feature has been added, I consider canteens trash loot and I only carry soda cans.

I always carried soda anyways. Never saw a point to the canteens lol They need to make it so soda does less hydrating compared to water. Maybe a soda only does half as much, making you either carry more or start using canteens.

Sometimes I feel like staying up in the hills and just surviving, at this point its needed

I always carry a canteen, because it's an endless water supply -- finding a dam or a tap is reliable, they're always present.

Basically, having a canteen enables the "drink from tap" ability, which is a bit odd when you think about it...

When scavenging in towns, I'll drink soda as I find it, but don't carry it much unless I've got free space.

With the boiling ability though... I'm not sure I'd trust boiling water in an empty soda can... A billy would be appreciated B)

Edited by ActionMan
  • Like 3

I carry three canteens and an axe and chop up wood and boil it whenever I need some water. I learned the hard way that it is in fact possible to get infection from water.

I carry it with me when I really need it, and if I have the materials to boil the water, I just boil it :D

I carry it with me when I really need it, and if I have the materials to boil the water, I just boil it :D

i just boil the canteen till it melts then eat it.

• Like 5

They should give the canteens multiple 'shots' to increase their usefulness. Those type of canteens are quart size (or roughly a liter for the rest of you) and would equal about 3 typical cans of soda by volume. Make it worthwhile to take the time boiling it. Yes, I boil and cook everything now. An infection without antibiotics sucks.

I do. Usually carry a can of beens with me. In case I need to boil water, I just eat it and have an empty can. There are usually 1 or 2 canteens with mwe as well. I figure you don't need anti if you boil your water before drinking. Adds a little to the survival bee-eater feeling.

Edited by Ken Bean

They should give the canteens multiple 'shots' to increase their usefulness. Those type of canteens are quart size (or roughly a liter for the rest of you) and would equal about 3 typical cans of soda by volume. Make it worthwhile to take the time boiling it. Yes, I boil and cook everything now. An infection without antibiotics sucks.

One just needs to decrease the amount of filled soda cans you find ingame. It's easily boiled while cooking bacon. Almost one ride.

Edited by Ken Bean

I have six canteens as Im camp hunting in and around the debug zone of the whole map.Iv been trying to get infection to test out the antibiotics,eat raw meat,drink dam water all day and nothing yet.

Food and water spawn chance is too high.

If Rocket will lower the spawn chance of food and water, players will have to scavenge more towns for food and water or they will strave to death.

When I say lower the spawn chance I mean to about 1% chance even less, then dayz will feel like survival game, and not just PVP game.

Surely just drinking soda is going to have a detrimental effect on the body. Long term it is diabetes for sure (and in an apocalypse scenario diabetes should be a death sentence) but short term effects would include sugar rushes, not to mention the effects of excess caffeine.

Any other clues as to what happens to the human body if you only drink Coke?

Food and water spawn chance is too high.

If Rocket will lower the spawn chance of food and water, players will have to scavenge more towns for food and water or they will strave to death.

When I say lower the spawn chance I mean to about 1% chance even less, then dayz will feel like survival game, and not just PVP game.

Id like to see less food and drink spawns as well and some how the loot tied to the player.Like If I raid a store it stays that way and when the server restarts the store is still empty(accept what I left there) for me anyway.As it is now,the bush wookies can do a quick dash and grab every server restart and then back to the tree fort for a long camping/sniping season.It wont stop snipping or KOSing,but at least they will start checking body's once they have looted Cherno

Surely just drinking soda is going to have a detrimental effect on the body. Long term it is diabetes for sure (and in an apocalypse scenario diabetes should be a death sentence) but short term effects would include sugar rushes, not to mention the effects of excess caffeine.

Any other clues as to what happens to the human body if you only drink Coke?

Gout, which would be deathly to a nomadic scavenger and caffeine dependency aren't good either.

Beans and soda is everywhere. I cant remember the last time I filled a canteen. As so many others have said, make canned food and soda rare, that places more of an emphasis on hunting and feeling like your the bush tucker man. Oh les, where are you when I need you.

Keep 2-3 water-bottles. I boil everything when I find some meat, so it is quick.

_Anubis_

p.s. if I am in some isolated locations I leave the fire burning

• Like 1

I always keep two water bottles...but I didnt know I could boil the water. Explains why I got sick once and had to spend 2 hours looking for antibiotica and while killing animals for their meat to keep my blood up...suddenly the game was about survival

I don't know if it's just me, but since this feature has been added, I consider canteens trash loot and I only carry soda cans.

Im the opposite, I always use water bottles and never boil the water. Since the patch i have caught 1 yes 1 cold through unboiled water.

I would boil water, but I wasted all my matches looking down the well.