Drunkpunk082

US 420 Dallas VANILLA DAYZ SERVER! Newly Opened, Staying Till Standalone.

May have had a hacker on this morning. Got killed in the field SE of Stary barracks by a player we believe to be Mat. Never saw anyone and with no trees or bushes around suddenly got shot by a silenced weapon (wasnt an M4 SD or BIZON). About a minute later Zombiebait was killed almost 1.5km away under similar circumstances. There were only 6-7 of us on server and all but one guy could have been the culprit by process of elimination. Its not the end of the world all I had was an Alice pack, M14, 1911 and all the basic gear minus compass and entrenching tool (had map, hatchet, watch, matches). Can you take a look at the logs and see if anything was up. Happened about 125am pac US time.

I think my coordinates were roughly 064 077 if that helps.

Read about your server while procrastinating at the office yesterday. Logged in around 6:00 PST and was cursed with an Elektro spawn; or so I thought.

While looting the cafe located across the street from the school, I saw a fresh survivor with a Lee approaching with a small Z-train. I told him not to enter the building or face the consequences. I was answered by what sounded like a boy of about 8-10 years of age. He offered to give me his weapon, his backpack, etc. He has been playing for all of 2 weeks and with youtube-frankie training, was ready to take on the world. I told him he could keep his weapon but to stay away from me (what can i say, it's Elektro.)

Long story short, he and I traveled through a few towns and up to Stary with him playing axe-zombie control for me. The point of the story, after one night on this server I can already tell the community is great.

After a fire fight at Stary where one bandit led to 3 of the 5 survivors involved perishing (I love this game), everyone took a moment to reflect on it together over sidechat. No griefing, no screaming hacker. The kind of sportsmanship that is nearly impossible to find on other servers these days.

Breakfast, thank you for your M14, and brok, thank you for your beautiful green Skoda ;)

I hope to see all of you on there soon.

Dagwood

• Like 1

Drunk, serious situation now.

Wowbandy and Brando and adolf shitler "teleported" to my camp and mail's camp. I know they done this because they find out camp in less than 30 minutes.

Wowbandy has 3 hours on the server,

Adolf Shiter has 3 hours too.

brando 40 minutes.

How they walked more than 10km from the coast (if they go in a straight line, and they can only do this if they got the camp cords), killed mail (mail was full geared).

I mean, this is bullshit. Take a look at the logs, we build our camp in 4 weeks for some fucker destroy it all in 10 minutes?

Probably hackers.

Also:

"20:51 - careysmith901: soon as i spawned in i was shot in the back

20:53 - careysmith901: he already left

20:53 - careysmith901: that wow kid"

Mail chat with me at steam.

WTF, a guy founds our camp, with lots of vehicles, 100+ weapons, just destroy it all and go away?

I need roll back drunk. Seriously.

Also, last time i played i was in the camp.

I logon now, i was on the elektro coast. WTF, i mean, all my gear on, but on the coast????

Also, i was kicked for script restrition #7. What this means?

Edited by towhook

Wow Towhook thats some serious stuff. Were still about 99.9% certain that we were hacked last night (see my earlier post). I'm not too worried about the gear but hopefully you can look into this ASAP.

They got chopper, wtf a guy with 3 hours got a chopper.

Also, i killed 2 of 3 of them.

I respawned right near adolf shitler, and he got trowed into the air and killed. The same happened to me after.

Sure its one of they friends... I got killed, same as adolf shitler.

Edited by towhook

Well I'm sure Drunk will get it sorted when he sees this. Have you tried sending an email? I haven't but I thought Zombie said he was going to last night. Believe me I know how frustrating this stuff can be. Its one thing to be picked off fair and square but when you're hacked it really gets the blood boiling.......

22:35 - careysmith901: they hacked the chopper in for sure

22:35 - a^ towhook: why?

22:35 - careysmith901: all red need repair from the outside

22:35 - a^ towhook: ye

22:35 - a^ towhook: and working

22:35 - careysmith901: all green inside

Carey = mail box.

Drunk, ban these guys:

Wowbandy and Brando and adolf shitler

Edited by towhook

And to add to the discussion who are the other admins you mention in the first post of this thread? Can we have some in game names so we know who to talk to? Maybe some contact info. Apologies if this is in the server message in game. I just want your server to stay fresh and fun as its been the last couple weeks. Its great fun and I'm setting up camp.

Im going to be honest with you guys. I cant find any evidence of teleporting or spawning of helicopters. I checked all the parties mentioned, and I just so happened to be sitting in front of my admin tool when all this happened. Nothing. Now I am not saying that something isnt going on, I just cant track it. If you can send me fraps links, or screenshots that show it IN PROGRESS I will gladly act on it. I wont go into detail, but its not real hard to hide from the logs. You can do a lot without teleporting or triggering log files.

I do feel your pain. My crew had a nice setup also with around 10-15 tents and a few trucks. Someone found it and it was in the middle of nowhere. We lost it all, but hey thats half the fun. Theres not much to do if you have everything already!

Keep me informed just like you are and I will continue to look into it. I know thats not the answer you want to hear, but I cant roll back the server 3 hours, possably cause someone else to lose some nice gear they got, on a hunch.

-Drunkpunk

On a side note, Kirby doesn't really play anymore. He also backed out on paying his half of the server. So at the moment I am the only admin. I like it that way so that there is no "admin abuse" going on. I want to maintain the vanilla feel because that is what makes the game fun for me. I cant assure that if I gave admin power to someone else they would do the same.

That being said, Fuzbuz also knows me in real life. He has my cell phone number and can shoot me a text if its something that needs attention immediatly. Now I do work a real job and I am not always available but I will do what I can.

-Drunkpunk

Any answer is bette than no answer Drunk we'll keep vigilant on getting screenshots (dont have fraps). In Zombie and my case I never saw anything so nothing to frap or SS but its highly suspicious when he got killed a minute later while running the opposite direction of whoever killed me given the distance involved. You just cant close a gap that fast. But I understand where you're coming from on evidence.

EDIT: We completely understand that real life takes priority over a game no worries and thx for looking into the issues.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

Ok, if me going into the air and dying its not hack stuff, then :(

Wells hes not saying he doesn't believe it just that he cant find anything in the logs to support it. If he can't back it up then he can't do anything. If he did the we could all go I got hacked and my M107, NVGs , GPS are now missing.........

I'm sorry Towhook, I'm on your side I promise man. Like Hitch said tho, I can't just go around rolling the server back or banning people without proof. I am working to find better detection methods. Until then video or pictures are the best thing you can give me, along with dates and exact time frames.

-Drunkpunk

00:59 - careysmith901: did you get the other guy?

01:00 - careysmith901: wowbandy is in here

01:01 - careysmith901: thats one of the kids that know our camp

01:01 - careysmith901: im in three vally

01:09 - careysmith901: you guys headed back to camp?

01:13 - a^ towhook: yeah

01:13 - a^ towhook: man

01:13 - a^ towhook: someone was shoting us

01:14 - a^ towhook: when we finished looting and hidding the bodies

01:14 - a^ towhook: we keep the north direction

01:14 - a^ towhook: someone behind us, where you'all get killed

01:14 - a^ towhook: was shoting at me and yankee

01:15 - a^ towhook: tell yankee to add me at steam

01:15 - careysmith901: you found all three bodies of those guys right?

01:15 - a^ towhook: yea

01:15 - a^ towhook: ghillie

01:15 - a^ towhook: 2 comon

01:15 - a^ towhook: and you

01:15 - a^ towhook: a guy with m14

01:15 - a^ towhook: a guy with L85

01:15 - a^ towhook: and the ghillie guy

01:15 - a^ towhook: and you

01:15 - a^ towhook: right?

01:16 - careysmith901: yeah

01:16 - a^ towhook: so i think that was 1 or 2 more

01:16 - a^ towhook: that come later

01:16 - a^ towhook: HEY

01:16 - a^ towhook: 3 guys

01:16 - a^ towhook: the same as before

01:16 - a^ towhook: the 3 guys who destroyed our camp

01:16 - careysmith901: yes they are here

01:17 - careysmith901: i said that

01:17 - careysmith901: wowbandy

01:17 - careysmith901: and the others

01:17 - a^ towhook: i killed wowbandy ?

01:17 - a^ towhook: or you?

01:17 - careysmith901: yes

01:17 - a^ towhook: you know, he always go where we are

01:17 - a^ towhook: this fucking bastards hacking.

01:18 - a^ towhook: hi

01:18 - a^ towhook: what happened?

01:18 - a^ towhook: you saw?

01:18 - yankee3616: what u mean?

01:18 - a^ towhook: who was shoting at us

01:18 - a^ towhook: when we are heading to the camp

01:18 - yankee3616: i dunno

01:18 - a^ towhook: its 1 guy?

01:19 - yankee3616: he was getting close to me

01:19 - yankee3616: i think so

01:19 - a^ towhook: yea

01:19 - a^ towhook: wtf

01:19 - a^ towhook: i dont get it

01:19 - a^ towhook: he stop to try to shot

01:19 - a^ towhook: and run faster then us

01:19 - a^ towhook: scripter or something

01:19 - yankee3616: probably

Drunks, i think its time to remove the side chat.

Theres a way to remove only the side chat mic? I think the text chat is ok, but the voice is kinda bad. I cant stop to mute 40 people.

Someone killed EVERYONE just RIGHT now. At this time. Fuck man, im done with this server.

Bye.

Cool. Restart in 30 minutes. Now i cant recovery my stuff...

Reset server to pre-hacker attack. Instead of getting mad and saying your going to quit, how about helping me fix it? Record exact times and dates for attacks like these and I will reset the server. I will NOT just ban people and restore gear without proof, but when the entire server gets attacked, its pretty obvious. So next time, simply post the time the attack occured and I will roll the server back anywhere around an hour prior.

Im doing my best here Towhook. There are not many tools that admins have to stop hackers and most of our tools can be circumvented by even an idiot hacker. As the server population grows, its gets more visibility. More visibility = more hackers.

As for the voice chat, a simple google search will reveal how to fix it. Go into options for audio in-game and turn VON all the way down. That will mute voice on side chat, but still leave voice on other channels intact.

-Drunkpunk

• Like 1

Thanks,

This VON think i thought it would remove all channels sound. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, i was mad when i said i was done with the server. Thanks for rolling back. Did you found who are the hackers killing everyone? Thanks.

Ouch the rollback is gonna lose us two UAZs and some fly items we gathered last night after the server population died down. I guess that means 3-4 hours of work are gone. I recommend in the future that unless the rollback happens within the hour of an incident just forget it. I know you can't be around to fix things 24/7 but a couple hours after the attack most of us had already fixed the damage done to our characters and scored some really nice stuff.

EDIT: BTW I know your doing the best with keeping the server in line, and you're damned if you do, damned if you don't as well!

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

I understand Hitch. I'm sorry for any progress lost. I have to look at the big picture tho. You may have gotten better stuff but the other 20+ that were on the server at the time didnt. I will try to do the rollbacks in a more timely manner in the future.

-Drunkpunk