Drunkpunk082

US 420 Dallas VANILLA DAYZ SERVER! Newly Opened, Staying Till Standalone.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but in the two weeks that I've been on this server, I have had zero encounters with hackers, or anyone that I would even suspect of hacking. It has been months since I have played on a truly vanilla server (private) and I have had terrific fun during my time on 420 Dallas.

IMHO, the accusations directed at other players in regards to hacking are almost entirely unfounded. Maybe I have just been blessed in my experience. Who knows.

I hope that other players do not let the complaining of a small minority turn them away from a properly managed server with a competitive, sportsman like community.

Regards,

Dagwood

I appreciate the kind words. I am certainly working hard to snuff out any hacker presence. I know that Towhook was accusing a few players of hacking due to getting killed shortly after the players in question logged in. However I could find no malicious activity, AND they also were able to log in with my new anti-hack measures which are very strict. So not everyone that kills you is a hacker.

That being said, kids have a lot of free time. Where there is a will there is a way, and given enough time ANY server will get hacked. All I can do is promise I will look into any claims of hacking and will restore any losses due to this.

Thanks for playing on US 420 Dallas

-Drunkpunk

• Like 1

Just wanted to also say we hit the max of 50 players! First time since the server started!

-Drunkpunk

Just wanted to also say we hit the max of 50 players! First time since the server started!

-Drunkpunk

50 players!?

Better watch your back. No more sprinting across the airfield for this guy ha

Maybe I've just been lucky, but in the two weeks that I've been on this server, I have had zero encounters with hackers, or anyone that I would even suspect of hacking. It has been months since I have played on a truly vanilla server (private) and I have had terrific fun during my time on 420 Dallas.

IMHO, the accusations directed at other players in regards to hacking are almost entirely unfounded. Maybe I have just been blessed in my experience. Who knows.

I hope that other players do not let the complaining of a small minority turn them away from a properly managed server with a competitive, sportsman like community.

Regards,

Dagwood

Reporting issues isn't complaining, its a service to the community on the server and the admin. To be honest I've only suffered one issue with hacking, the guys I play with have had a few more encounters. These aren't the type of guys that bitch, piss and moan because they got killed. We've all been killed either by zeds or players and we just pick up and start over. Drunk has stated that there are a variety of ways in which people can hack that's undetected and unfortunately nothing can be done.

Despite the issues my group has suffered I still think 420 is a good server and my experience has overall been good. But a couple of our guys have repeatedly been targeted by the same couple of players and some of these attacks are just too random to be coincidence.

I can't believe you allow people to play music through side chat. The APEX clan in your server are a bunch of retard's who do this all day and then quote bible references via txt side chat!

Been playing on here for a couple days and aside from some of the retards on side chat voice, this is a great server. So far I've been lone wolfing it but hopefully some friendlies will come along.

EDIT: Also, the server needs a restart badly. No zombies and no items are spawning as of about 7:30am CST. It's fixed now

Edited by ThrobbinCorncob

Just wanted to drop a line about side chat. I do not police side chat on my server. Much like Xbox live I cannot filter the voice comms. I will not tolerate talk of hacking or racism but everything else goes.

IF you do NOT want to hear side chat just goto options under AUDIO and turn VON all the way down. This will mute the voice comms on side chat but will NOT effect other channels. This means if you turn VON all the way down you CAN still hear voice chat in other channels.

I also have had a few requests for donation info. Please send any donations as a GIFT through Paypal. I will place a message on the server with my Paypal info.

-Drunkpunk

Apex clan? Are there legitimate clans operating on the server now, or just a couple of guys with matching clan tags?

APEX has 4-5 members on the server and I am aware of at least 3 more groups of multiple players on the server. I wouldn't say there are a bunch of clans running around dominating the server but we do have a few solid groups of players running around.

-Drunkpunk

APEX is far from dominating anything. I think they and myself die more than some of the bambi's. :P

However, Drunk I think you guys are going to have to police voice a little bit more than usual. People were streaming [shitty] music and being belligerent all night last night.

Edited by ThrobbinCorncob

In regards to the sidechat issue: in my experience I have had more problems with sidechat than I have derived any benefits from its existence. I generally prefer servers with sidechat disabled as the majority of dialogue that occurs through that channel tends to just be trolling or 2 players having a play by play breakdown of a firefight that occurred 15 minutes earlier.

But occasionally you'll see survivors coordinating and joining forces through the use of sidechat, so I do see the benefits of leaving it enabled.

What I would suggest as a remedy to the frustration of players that are annoyed by the music and constant yacking is to give instructions on how to mute players and how to disable VON through your audio settings on the loading screen.

I have never run my own server so I do not know what creating a custom loading screen entails, but I can't see the harm in listing rules and some helpful advice (for the love of god turn off your radio!)

If anyone else has any thoughts on the subject, I'd love the input/criticism

Dagwood

On a separate note, while looting NWAF last night I came across 3 bodies with (combined) an m16 acog, range finders, NVGs, a coyote back pack, a cheq backpack, a cz550, and all the other tool belt goodies. We then checked the barracks for good measure and found an m4cco and m4ccosd.

Couldn't believe there were all of these bodies with bountiful booty that hadn't been looted. Anybody know wtf happened in the woods around the southern barracks?

It kills me to say this... But drunk, you should

check my gear for hacked items. The second body was a bandit with EVERYTHING and nobody returned to loot it. Idk, seemed fishy I guess

Edited by Dagwood

No hacked anything detected in weeks. Have had a few hackers join but we are quick to ban them before they even load in.

As far as side chat I am leaving it active. The benefits outweigh the drawbacks. I did have a message on the server telling people how to turn VON off to mute side chat but combined with the Gotcha antihack and battleye spam I felt it was getting excessive. Best thing to do is just spread the info by word of mouth. As for the activity on side chat I do NOT monitor voice comms. Much like Xbox Live anything goes for voice comms on side chat, if you don't like it turn VON off. Personally I always have VON off and it does NOT effect voice comms on the other channels.

Now the text based side chat I do monitor for any talk of hacking or exploits. I also monitor for racial slurs. Other then that, this is a mature game, so you should be able to handle the rest.

-Drunkpunk

Had some buddies log in as birds last night around 9pm pst ish. Is this a glitch or a script or what? And will they retain the gear that they had from before this glitch. We'd rather not lose two coyotes, 2 m4cco's (one sd), an m14, GPS, camo, cz550, etc etc (had to brag a little. Never been so geared on a vanilla cherno server ;))

If they do in fact spawn on the beach next time they log in, would you be able to restore their

equipment by checking the logs to verify what they actually had and what was lost?

In game names are Fonzi and Will Willis

Had some buddies log in as birds last night around 9pm pst ish. Is this a glitch or a script or what? And will they retain the gear that they had from before this glitch. We'd rather not lose two coyotes, 2 m4cco's (one sd), an m14, GPS, camo, cz550, etc etc (had to brag a little. Never been so geared on a vanilla cherno server ;))

If they do in fact spawn on the beach next time they log in, would you be able to restore their

equipment by checking the logs to verify what they actually had and what was lost?

In game names are Fonzi and Will Willis

Be careful saying what you have. Bacon and RJ may call you out because there's no way you found that much gear and you're duping. (/sarcasm)

@throbbin

I was almost afraid to loot the body for just that reason. Almost...

They should spawn in just fine next time. That is a known bug in DayZ (and ARMA) and it will normally clear up after a few min. I have tried to implement a few suggested fixes and they have helped make it less common, but it does still happen and I have not found a 100% fix yet.

-Drunkpunk

Reports of a jet on the server last night. Player has been banned, and server was rolled back. Please continue to report any odd activity to me so that I can address it. Thanks for playing on US 420 Dallas.

-Drunkpunk

Server and filters should be updated now. Feel free to login! Also as with any new patch issues may arise. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you experience any other issues with the new update.

-Drunkpunk

• Like 1

Logged on to this server, loved it, but as soon as I fixed up my car a nuke went off and I got teleported across the map into the sky. I lost the car I spent all day fixing.

Just a suggestion with the new patch:

I would recommend doubling the spawn rate of antibiotics (if its possible to do so) and advertise that you are doing as much on the server description/title on dayz commander.

People are upset about the new infection mechanic and this will likely do little to alleviate their (antibiotic) scarcity but will attract players.

Just a thought

Oh, and disabling the teleport anti hack will apparently keep people from spawning in debug land

Edited by Dagwood