florian.de.los.santos@googlemail.com

[SA] Usable Indoor Fireplaces

This is great, and is an idea I have been planning to implement for quite some time on my own island I'm making for ARMA3/dayz based on the STALKER world:

http://www.meshcarver.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down to the 6th march, HOUSE 03 entry, you can see ref to this idea, so I am fully in agreement with OPs suggestion..!! :)

Really nice project you're working on. I will keep an eye on your blog! ;)

Especially liked this part:

"...you should be able to throw a grenade into the chimney from outside, and if you aim is good enough, it should fall down the stack and explode in the fireplace, killing everyone around the fire..." Hope they make that happen in SA - I wanna see a grenade fall into my soup while cooking :thumbsup:

More opinions?

I love the idea.

Also, what is this pic from?

fnAMw1q.png

I that an edited DayZ SA pic?

How many houses are we talking about here?

I'm not sure if the DayZ engine supports fire places inside houses, since if the fireplaces you are suggesting are just the usual DayZ fireplaces with just different visual models, the fireplaces are going to produce smoke. The smoke might just float through the building walls if the engine doesn't support 'smoke collision', which would look kinda silly.

Not a bad suggestion at all, and relates to a subject I'm interested in, which is player management of existing buildings as an option to player bases, but I am concerned about performance issues. I'm always concerned with performance issues :)

They wouldn't make the smoke come from the fire, but the top of the chimney.

I approve. It wouldn't add much to the game play but would be a nice touch to the world and immersion.

This is exactly the kind of improvements the SA needs. Awesome.

I like this idea, not least because you could use a lit up building as a raider farm. Just light a fire, 'forget' to block up a window or two, and sit with a nice view of the building waiting for opportunists.

step 1 - light fire place

step 2 - lay down on a mat

step 3 - play non stop love shack through direct chat

• Like 1

I am so going to implent this in my upcoming Stalker map- it's a huge immersion gain.

Keep this thread going mate...

• Like 1

I would love to see something like this implemented, in fact, I WANT IT IMPLEMENTED.

This is great.

People keep using red flares in DayZ.

So I don't see any problem with lighting up a chimney in a house.

Anyway even if it was only for pure aesthetic reasons, I would say YES to this.

Please make sure to vote for this suggestion in DrBigMoney's suggestion poll on reddit if you want to support it ;)

You can find it under 'Environment'.

history showed us that those polls are maybe a good overview of what the broad community wants, but have, not in the least, something to do with what would even be possible to implement. better would be to split them up into short-term (could be done in up to max. a week), mid-term (a month) and long-term-achievable (within the next whole year) imho and then vote.

history showed us that those polls are maybe a good overview of what the broad community wants, but have, not in the least, something to do with what would even be possible to implement. better would be to split them up into short-term (could be done in up to max. a week), mid-term (a month) and long-term-achievable (within the next whole year) imho and then vote.

Hmm I don't see a problem with that. It's definately interesting to know what the community wants to see the most. I think it's better for suggestions to think outside of technical limitations. That's for the developers to decide what/when/how to implement those ideas based on the collected data.

i love this idea!

if i would find a lit house with people in it i would sneak to the front door, poop at the door threshold, hide nearby and enoy their reactions xD