rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

lol yes, as other people said, zombies fly away when you hit them with a melee weapon, and when you pick a tool, as always you drop all your ammo, but with the melee weapon equiped you drop tons of melee ammo.

The full story: I droped my AK for a sec to pick a melee weapon, and then the server disconnected so when I relogged I had the crowbar, so I decided to give it a try, pretty fun indeed, zombies flying away with 1 hit, I even killed two guys who where defending themselves against an horde of zombies in cherno, they died quickly , 1 or two hits, but the last one managed to kill me with his m1014. It's not like I do that usually but I was curious to know how fast melee weapons could kill. Also, have the drop rate of tools changed? I got every tool, included GPS just checking 5 or 6 buildings in cherno

Rocket....Dev Team... Amazing work and commitment..

I really like the idea of using a melee weapon against zombies but the idea of giving up 10 slots and my primary weapon to hold one seems extreme, particularly if I don't plan to do much combat and only really want to build small fires to cook steaks.

Is it possible for you gentlemen to consider keeping the larger "Axe" used for melee (primary/secondary weapon), and but at the same time reintroducng the small boy scout hatchet (belt item like compass) that could be used for chopping firewood and other camp chores only???

Right now it looks like I'll need 10 slots and matches to start a fire. Is that the difficultly level you intended??? Another option would be to roll back the use of firewood, but I kind of liked the deliberate process of making a fire with harvested wood in 1.7.

Anyways, keep up the great work but get some rest... We'll all still be here when you get back...

MELEE IS UNDER POWERED.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED.

It also does not appear to even work since you cant swing it

Scroll mouse to prepare it. I swear people don't even fiddle around before running to the forum.

MELEE IS UNDER POWERED.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED.

It also does not appear to even work since you cant swing it

Scroll mouse to prepare it. I swear people don't even fiddle around before running to the forum.

Thanks for the advice, too bad that did not work as while as having a large amount of other bugs/problems

Now wait a minute... I cant use hatchet to chop trees for a bonfire anymore? That makes me a saaaad saaad Chernorussia forest panda :(

Oh dude, I think I know what the ghost hatchets and crowbars that look like shotgun shells or Makarov ammo are, they're ammo for the actual hatchet or crowbar. So rocket, you might want to give them a spawn probability of 0% because I'm pretty sure you've given the weapons enough shots to last for years.

This is a lot like Minecraft: A cool game that's somewhat unheard of, then gets the spotlight, people get curious and by the time it reaches 1.6, it has hundreds of thousands of fans. See you at E3, rocket! :D

This is a lot like Minecraft: A cool game that's somewhat unheard of' date=' then gets the spotlight, people get curious and by the time it reaches 1.6, it has hundreds of thousands of fans. See you at E3, rocket! :D

[/quote']

He was at E3 two weeks ago.

I hope there is a rollback on the player database... this is a mess for players whom are losing gear... Please do a rollback...

Sucks that people are losing gear but this is an alpha. Priority is not recovering items for people.. it's about testing and implementing. Database rollback would also affect those who have since gathered items. Either way it's a waste of time rollback until the issue is fixed.. and by then there would be substantial time passed. How about instead on the next patch they just wipe the database and start fresh? :)

Don't get attached to your loot.. it's Alpha. This isn't meant to be played like an end product.

ArmA2 Beta patch killing steam Arma, Why are you using BETA patch?

Now wait a minute... I cant use hatchet to chop trees for a bonfire anymore? That makes me a saaaad saaad Chernorussia forest panda :(

Forest Panda? Damn straight.. And my comments about Axes and hatchets still stands... I really like the lone survivor dimension of this game..

Banksy_Panda_with_guns_rue_des_mauvais_garcons_Paris_small.gif

people need to stop being so fucking attached to there gear' date=' its in alpha and your testing its reliability ahahah, stop playing it like its the real deal yet, just look for bugs so we can get more updates faster.

[/quote']

That's not the point, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if you lost your gear for an unexpected and unknown reason....

Especially if you actually have stuff...

No, that is the point. Whether you had stuff or not is completely unrelated. It's an Alpha.. play with the intention of improving the game. People are way to attached to their items. I've had amazing gear and lost it multiple times.. sometimes due to bugs, sometimes due to stupidity and sometimes due to chance. Who cares.. I'm learning and the devs are learning.

Rocket,

"[NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions."

So after trying out the 1.7.1.2 it seems it's possible to turn a nearly pitch black night into a black & white with nearly as good visibility as if it was daytime. Is there no way to fix this? Are there only these two choises, either pitch black or suffer the gammawarriors? This only benefits the cheaters so, in my opinion it should be an even ground for everyone. That is if upping gamma/brightness to 1.5/2.0 is concidered as a cheat ofcourse. It is the gamma that gives you the greater advantage over default 1.0 setting, brightness atleast at my end has very little effect on how well one can see, tried it from 0.1 all the way to 2.0.

It goes from: dayz.jpg

to this: dayz%20gamma.jpg

I think we need an official statement on that.

There are a LOT of people ending up in the barren wilderness. I was able to join into a few servers just fine at my regular location, in an attempt to find one that wasn't crashing or otherwise fubar'ed. But after joining a server that had 1.7.1.2 in the description even though it was really only running 1.7.1, I joined a server with the CORRECT version and put me in the wilderness. Tried a few different servers, all with the same problem.

Can someone help me please? I use the Six Shooter Updater and I updated to 1.7.1.2. I know I am on it as I read the details it says my current version is 1.7.1.2 but whenever I join a server that says its on that it says incorrect Version.

Oh and even though Six Shooter says it's updated fully and I see the @DayZ folder in my arrowhead directory.. Six Shooter says in the bottom that I lead it to an incorrect directory. Everything is correct but it adds a line at the end of the directory?

Some feedback on crowbar/hatchet implementation. Found both but unable to pick up either. Tried moving my secondary to backpack - when i did this suddenly all the STANAG i had in my gear slots dropped on the ground and turned into duplicate crowbars and hatchets. Was still unable to pick up and use. Had some reasonably good kit and felt pretty exposed so left it at that. Died 5 minutes later when a zombie broke my leg and KO'd me. so seems to be some issues with hatchet and crowbar, despite being a freaking awesome idea :)

As i don't know yet what is is like to use them as a weapon, also not sure how the hatchet will be used for woodcutting - clarification would be great. Hope this hasn't been covered already earlier in this thread.

PS Loving starting with minimal kit. Now in the awkward position of finding a ghillie straight away but having no weapon whatsoever! :)

I can only "take" Hatchets and tells me my inv is full.

Also finding shotguns shells all ever called Hatchet or Crowbar anywhere from 3-26 of them in piles/loot. Can't pick them up when I tried to test their reaction the number would just drop by 1. They were all over Electro.

Would have Screenshot but Didn't have fraps running then firefights broke out. Haven't found any again yet.

Our server indicates version 1.7.1.2 (set by host), yet players logging in with 1.7.1.2 are warned it is 1.7.1.1. I did not update the server.

I've alerted the host, but I'm not sure if there is something in the update that would disrupt their normal scripts.

Another terrible update where cons outweight the pros.

The night is darker than usual and zeds are still spawning altogether inside buildings.

You have to "reload" it. Once you do you get 100' date='000 "hacks", until you have to reload it again. I'm guessing since there's no melee in arma he had to make it work like a gun.

Also while it is extremely buggy (what with spawning 20+ hatchets and crowbars and only being able to pick it up by swapping out your primary and randomly using your binoculars) I was able to kill a guy with it in two hacks (I warned him over direct comm to leave first, I had all my gear on the ground and didn't wanna risk it)

[/quote']

ah cool - it has been covered and explained. My bad.

You can use a hatchet for woodcutting like before, rightclick near a tree in the forest.

Roshi, what you picked up was called hatchet, isn't actually a bunch of hatchets though, but the ammo for hatchets, which doesn't take up inventory space. "Legit" hatchets STILL LOOK LIKE HATCHETS. They go in the primary slot now (where your rifle goes). So that makes things awkward to a degree. You switch to them as if they were a rifle or whatever. They have a million shots iirc.

Server is running an incorrect Version. You cannot play on this Server.

Well, it was working fine for me before 1.7.1.2. I have the latest Arma Beta Patch and the correct version. Updated manually and a friend of mine has the same Problem. He updated with SixUpdater.

We were online directly after the patch was deployed and installed. Played for about 10 Minutes and now we cannot play on every Server. We tested it on about 10 different Servers.

There is an open thread in the Troubleshooting section where people have the same issues.

Please give us a solution so we can enjoy "Rocket´s good work" again!!

Thx