Sign in to follow this  
doglover

Gameplay ideas to properly simulate biological activities (mastication, etc)

Hey guys

After hanging out for a day, I have come to the dayz forums to suggest something that i feel is really missing from the game

It will revlutinise it and provide more reailsm which dayz really lacks (thanks rocket :P)

For one i think it should now be a requirement before you eat to check the best before date on all the tins

This is really important because if you dont do this you can catch deadly diseases like malignant scurvy

FUrthermore, I think it is time that we introduced a QWOP (or CLOP for all those horselovers out there) mechanic whereby you have to rhythmically control all the muscles of mastication (chewing for all you horselovers). There will be various palsies that can occur which will inhibit your character's capacity to chew

ALso, where is the toilet function? One should be added, and it should be just as realistic as eating. Without properly using the toilet, you will end up with electrolyte imbalances and infections of the humours which can only be cured with directed reflexology

This will add more layers to the game and make it more excite

Thank you

Nanny always said to chew 72 times before swallowing. I'm all for this.

Wasn't there an early 20-th century health nut who had a little jingle about the virtues of a good chew? Something along the lines of "Masticate before you... mastication... rejuvenation..."

Hell, can't remember it now.

What about brushing your teeth?

In short, food expiration dates, chewing, and pooping. Riiight.

You pretty much only eat beans in DayZ; not really that much chewing needed.

What would happen if you failed at eating your beans, would you choke on the lid and die?

If I poop, would I need to scavenge for paper? The smell could attract zeds.

Come to think of it, what about all those unbrushed mouths walking around in DayZ, no wonder all they can eat is beans.

OP - This is by far you best suggestion yet. It still sucks but at least you're improving.

• Like 3

It still sucks but at least you're improving.

Snapple tea has been launched from my nostrils, all over my keyboard.

• Like 1

Wait a minute wait a minute. You are SUGGESTING, that they IMPLEMENT a CHEWING MINI-GAME? Sir, are you, out of your mind? Or, maybe on some form of medication?

I am sorry, but this takes the cake as the worst suggestion I have ever seen on the forums.

Hahaha, you can't dispute that his signature is quality though.

After quickly glancing over the thread topic, and registering mastication, I though this thread was going to be about choking chickens, knuckle shuffles and bashing bishops.

• Like 1

See, I thought this said "masturbation", and I got really confused when I got in here.

I'd totally +1 masturbation. Doing it in real life is just too much work.

Not sure if this is the worst suggestion ever or if that dubious honor goes to the idea a while back of having a silenced RPG in-game.

this is a great idea ! day z doesnt have enough minigames and already in the mod theyve added toilet paper !

• Like 1