jona (DayZ)

AA-12 in dayz?

AA-12 for dayz?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. AA-12 or Saiga 12 in dayz for a auto shotgun

Modern military issue, even from other countries could make sense if one imagined that there was an international effort to contain the infection. Vintage weapons would be far harder to come by...

I don't actually want flintlocks in DayZ. Bottom line is I don't want it in because it would take away from an "authentic" experience for me. I think I made my point of view clear enough so I'll leave this to other people now. :P

I don't actually want flintlocks in DayZ. Bottom line is I don't want it in because it would take away from an "authentic" experience for me. I think I made my point of view clear enough so I'll leave this to other people now. :P

They still find STG44 and stuff from that time in the middle east nowadays...

Fully automatic limited-production prototype shotguns not used by any military or police force should not be in DayZ!

+1 This

1. way too overpowered

2. this ins't expendables

3. why would a gun made in the U.S be in a soviet country?

the same reason that there is the british enfield L85a2 is in russia, and the american m249 SAW and the british as50, do i need to continue?

That's all good and fine, except AKs are native to the region and there are literally tens upon tens of millions of them.

The AA-12 hasn't been adopted by anyone and there could easily be only a few dozen. Statistics are not available. Why would they make more if they have no sales? They don't need many for demonstration purposes. There aren't going to be "warehouses full" of AA-12s, I don't buy it. There aren't going to be warehouses full of any unusual prototype weapons.

if AA-12's are so rare and unheared of how come a single civilian man managed to get hold of two of them and several magazines, including a drum magazine, record an post on youtube a video of it?

the same reason that there is the british enfield L85a2 is in russia, and the american m249 SAW and the british as50, do i need to continue?

The American guns are there because in the ARMA universe the Americans fought a war there. The British guns are there because it was easier to add in the existing models rather than create the models for the guns from scratch.

if AA-12's are so rare and unheared of how come a single civilian man managed to get hold of two of them and several magazines, including a drum magazine, record an post on youtube a video of it?

Probably because the dude wrote to the company and asked 'hey were can I buy one of your guns so I can demo it in a youtube video?' and got a Press release packet and a pair of them from the company in order for them to get their product more press. Im guessing the 'single civilian' probably does a lot of the gun videos and therefor has connections to manufacturers. Right now only a couple of PMCs actually use the guns for combat, the rest are civilian owners with a big enough wallet. Its the same reason why a guy owns a uses a supped up off road tractor trailer tow truck that gets 5 gallons to the mile to go to the grocery store, 'because I can, fuck you'.

Right now no military or police force has the gun in active service, the USMC is 'field testing' a few (10 models at last count) to see if they might adopt it. But from a few rumors I've heard they don't like it too much.

The AA12 isn't unheard of, its just not issued to troops or produced in large enough numbers. If you really want an automatic shotgun, beg for the Saiga 12 to be put in, it's something that is used by police and military forces as well as commerically avaible (don't know about you, but I've seen more Saiga 12s ((admittedly semi auto ones)) than AA-12s in gun stores)

Edited by BigMike

why the hell did you bring this thread back up?

why the hell did you bring this thread back up?

Because he wanted to talk about it, it is a forum we are on.

It's only days old, what are you even complaining about?

Edited by Rossums

1.this thread is a week old

2.everything was said and done and it was not adresing the thread it was to me

3.this topic is bad. no aa-12s doesnt make sense

Because there's really nothing else to be said. Let's just let it die.

• Like 3

Fully automatic limited-production prototype shotguns not used by any military or police force should not be in DayZ! I don't understand why that is hard to grasp.

i do not understand this! the AA-12 is no longer a prototype weapon... It has been in development since 1972 and was officially out of prototype stage in 2005, it has seen use within the military police and the us marine corp... also, if you want to see the kind of stuff within prototype stages at this current date, you should be thinking more along the lines of quadrotors and the unmanned defence system HAMMER.

Why don't we just add the Semi-automatic SWD "Street sweeper"? It's just a better gun overall or if you really want to get creepy. Why not the Franchini SPAS-12?