ajrunke03@gmail.com

Best idea ever. Implement this in standalone, please.

So I previously had the best idea ever which was quickly shot down by numerous people with lack of vision. I assure you, this idea is even better.

Please, implement an infection mechanic. If you get swatted by a zombie AND start bleeding, you are now infected. You have a set amount of time to find the "antidote" which is scattered around in set locations and is scarce before you die. Bandages will still stop the bleeding, but now you must find this antidote.

People want zombies to pose more of a threat; well this brilliant idea accomplishes that. It also makes people move around. How great would it be for those damn people that simply run to grab gear, aggro all these zombies and gete swatted in the process, must now search for the antidote. Maybe people would be less inclined to sprint to gear up.

Also, with my brilliant idea; I haven't decided if the antidote should work like a blood tranfusion where you need a teammate. That might be unnecessarily cruel.

Implemnt this in the game, Rocket, and you will be thanking me forever.

On a side note: A less brilliant idea, but still brilliant nonetheless would be to have the infected players bodies that die reanimate. They would still have all the gear they died with unless it was looted. These reanimated dead players would be stronger and faster zombies.

BRILLIANT!

You're welcome.

congratulations! You are the 1 millionth person to suggest this idea! You win the internet!

• Like 6

best idea ever 1: No, that's not good. Firstly, zombies have really high chance to make you bleed, means 90% of people infected. Secondly, I'm taking with me 1 morph + 1 in the back, and so on with all medical items. Means I can twice infuse the antidote. And idea about making it working as blood bag is just bad, sorry.

best idea ever 2: It was mentioned earlier, but posting this again didn't make it better

Maybe you should read the sticky, it tells you to search before posting. You'd find this definitely isn't the first time this has been brought up.

• Like 1

First off, the survivors are all immune to the infection, that's why they aren't zombies already. And secondly, the zombies in DayZ are infected, not undead, they don't reanimate after dying.

It's a cool idea but not right for DayZ IMO.

• Like 5

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but this is already implemented to some extent.

You are correct! You're more intelligent than I give you credit for! We should replace the "cold / sickness" and heatpack mechanic with my brilliant infection mechanic. It fits better into the game world!

then people would die on purpose to become stronger and faster!

See! This is where you need me. The "dead" survivors wouldn't be player controlled, rather AI controlled! Beautiful!

best idea ever 1: No, that's not good. Firstly, zombies have really high chance to make you bleed, means 90% of people infected.

Then we tweak the bleeding chances to balance out this harsh but brilliant idea! Or we simply make it a separate "chance" to become infected and not tie it to bleeding!

First off, the survivors are all immune to the infection, that's why they aren't zombies already. And secondly, the zombies in DayZ are infected, not undead, they don't reanimate after dying.

It's a cool idea but not right for DayZ IMO.

Didn't Rocket mention getting hit by zombies there is a chance of an infection?

Getting bit having a chance to infect you, forcing you to find an antidote in time, and possibly becoming a zed is a good idea. I wouldn't call it your idea as it has been suggested numerous times, but it remains a good idea in my opinion. It could offer players interesting problems, and interesting problems are what drive the game outside of hoarding/deathmatching extremes.

There really should be a possible situation where you have to put down a friend. It's just not a complete zombie story generating program if that never happens.

Getting bit having a chance to infect you, forcing you to find an antidote in time, and possibly becoming a zed is a good idea. I wouldn't call it your idea as it has been suggested numerous times, but it remains a good idea in my opinion. It could offer players interesting problems, and interesting problems are what drive the game outside of hoarding/deathmatching extremes.

There really should be a possible situation where you have to put down a friend. It's just not a complete zombie story generating program if that never happens.

I am very happy you understand the dynamic of the infection. You are absolutely correct that problems are what drive this game. Implementing more problem solving scenarios only help to expand the gameplay and create possible new situations. While my ego may get in the way sometimes (rightfully so), to be against an idea that May dissaude some people simply sprinting to gear up, is (not to sound hard) dumb. If there's a chance to become infected, maybe people will tend to be more careful around zombies rather than just sprinting past them and into buildings.

Also, let's face it: to have an AI controlled dead player reanimate with gear but is also MUCH stronger and faster than normal zombies also adds another facet to gameplay. To a low equipped player, they will make the concious decision to risk going for this powerful, fast, zombie and sneak past.

Not your idea but still a good idea !

Being infected in a world fill with infected... Make sense for me.

Didn't Rocket mention getting hit by zombies there is a chance of an infection?

Yeah, infected as in the wound could become infected. Not the 'zombie' virus. :)

Yeah, infected as in the wound could become infected. Not the 'zombie' virus. :)

Ok yeah that makes sense.

I think you're confusing ego with hubris, homie.

Infection taking hold in survivors untouched by the "first wave" could be explained by proposing that the airborn virus is not as potent as having it introduced into your bloodstream via a puncture wound. I'm pretty sure that Dean's brother has considered this sort of stuff and then some.

Anyway, good thing to have an ongoing conversation about. I'd really enjoy having to burn rubber to the military hospital because my friend was turning, only to have him maul me from the back seat. What a way to go.

I think you're confusing ego with hubris, homie.

Infection taking hold in survivors untouched by the "first wave" could be explained by proposing that the airborn virus is not as potent as having it introduced into your bloodstream via a puncture wound. I'm pretty sure that Dean's brother has considered this sort of stuff and then some.

Anyway, good thing to have an ongoing conversation about. I'd really enjoy having to burn rubber to the military hospital because my friend was turning, only to have him maul me from the back seat. What a way to go.

I must admit that I'm not aware of the lore behind Dayz in regards to the virus attributes.

The scenario you've outlined is one example of many why a simliar mechanic would only serve to deepen the gameplay experience and provide fun levels of uncertainty. The antidote also adds another sacred item to kill or barter for along with a human element to the game.

This is already in, it is rare, but it is there all the same. I'm sure the SA will have a more detailed implementation of this.

It would be an ok idea if your character wasn't immune.

How do you conclude that this is the best idea ever?

• Like 1

We all know my ideas are the best. Bar none.

You've clearly forgotten apache25.

I am known for my constant lies as well.