HashSlingingSlasher192

Niko Bellic easter egg

ok I thought it would be cool to add a niko bellic easter egg

so basically its a pile of clothes (pants,shoes,and a turtle neck with two jackets on top) that highly resemble niko's clothes when he first arrived to liberty city. and on top of it is a pigeon (flying rat) that flies away when you get close to it.

it will randomly spawn.

edit: it would also be fitting since his clothes are russian-esk-isk

Edited by HashSlingingSlasher192

Niko isn't Russian.

Also if you read it, you would realize he never said niko was russian, he said his clothes were russian.

Also if you read it, you would realize he never said niko was russian, he said his clothes were russian.

Who ever said nikos clothes were from russia?

could of been from England.

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

Nobody did, i was just correcting you, but to be exact, his clothes are probably from yugoslavia

Edited by *Exile* Sami

when niko went to the russian clothes store for the first time and left he said "these clothes are like the ones from the old country"

thats wasnt 100% accurate but its close to what he said

when niko went to the russian clothes store for the first time and left he said "these clothes are like the ones from the old country"

thats wasnt 100% accurate but its close to what he said

Yes but how many characters have called him russian and he said the words "i am not russian".

But anyway lets not turn this into a big argument and focus whether it should or should not be a easter egg.

IMO i'd rather have an easter egg pointing towards the devs or maybe the forum mods.

• Like 1

Nah GTA wasn't all that after all.

Plus Rockstar put enough eastereggs in their own games.

Nah GTA wasn't all that after all.

Plus Rockstar put enough eastereggs in their own games.

Good ol Rockstar :D

Didn't rockstar want 1 million in royalties to use their code for horses? yea... lets put some easter eggs in DAYZ for them. Considering all they have done for us.

(off to find the quote1)

'Niko's nationality is never specified in the game.[4] Niko's nationality has been a subject of some debate: prior to the game being launched, it was believed by some that he was Russian[5] and articles have interpreted the character as being from Croatia[6] or Serbia.[7] Executive producer Dan Houser spoke on the matter saying that Niko is "from that grey part of broken-down Eastern Europe",[8] suggesting that Niko's nationality was left intentionally vague or to the interpretation of the player.'

It's stated in the game that he isn't Russian, he isn't from anywhere in particular either though. :)

• Like 1

Cool suggestion and all; Niko probably one of my favourite game characters. The only problem with its is; what does Niko have to do with DayZ?

I figured it was a Russian thing but Nico isn't Russian so... xD

Stop fighting! They are all made in china!!!!

'Niko's nationality is never specified in the game.[4] Niko's nationality has been a subject of some debate: prior to the game being launched, it was believed by some that he was Russian[5] and articles have interpreted the character as being from Croatia[6] or Serbia.[7] Executive producer Dan Houser spoke on the matter saying that Niko is "from that grey part of broken-down Eastern Europe",[8] suggesting that Niko's nationality was left intentionally vague or to the interpretation of the player.'

It's stated in the game that he isn't Russian, he isn't from anywhere in particular either though. :)

Its heavily implied thats hes a Slav though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Bellic

You should have read further down.

By the end of the war, Niko experienced difficulty finding work and leading a normal life in the former Yugoslavia. His cousin Roman decided to settle in the United States, in order to lead a new life in Liberty City before the war. Niko, knowing only violence, turned to the Balkanic criminal underworld for the following ten years, while at the same time trying to search for the two other men who survived the ambush. After being released from a brief stint in prison, Niko joined a smuggling and trafficking ring run by Russian criminal Ray Bulgarin.

Looks like he's from Yugoslavia.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Niko_Bellic

You should have read further down.

Looks like he's from Yugoslavia.

Except Yugoslavia was dissolved by the time GTA came out.

Its very likely hes Serbian, but may also be Bosnian

Edited by Never

Why would there be a GTA easter egg in DayZ, am I missing something here?

• Like 2

Why would there be a GTA easter egg in DayZ, am I missing something here?

There shouldn't be. Rockstar make poor games.

Max payne was only ported by rockstar but developed by REMEDY. However. Why would anyone want to connect GTA with DAYZ ? Well if they are going to then I want a run over My Little Pony easter egg between electro and cherno. Right next to the Millenium Falcon parking space right above the Batcave. ...

oh and they should put a pokeball next to the pony's corpse to make a double reference!

• Like 1