mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Is there somewhere we can watch the PAX stuff live???

yes, you can watch it live in Boston :trollface:

Is there somewhere we can watch the PAX stuff live??? Or do we have to wait till after and someone post a video???

PAX East has a channel on Twitch TV where they stream some of the panels: http://www.twitch.tv/PAX/

Since they don't stream all the panels they might or might not stream Rocket's panel. Here is the schedule (Rocket's panel is at 3:30PM): http://east.paxsite.com/static/schedule.html?/schedule

Although not all panels are streamed sometimes people record panels and put it up on youtube.

there's some big video game convention almost every month. it's kind a moot point

you really have no idea do you :lol:

^^^urghghghgh. Not the December thing again. Does anyone actually read the previous devblogs whilst waiting for the new ones?

Obviously it was a joke, like all the same people who get mad because he doesn't make 'proper' quality videos or even the delay of the devblogs... I'm following this since ever so one month less or more doesn't change anything.

• Like 1

^^np - I just had my grumpy head on, I just thought I was going to have to explain something for the millionth time, please accept my appologies.

• Like 3

PAX East has a channel on Twitch TV where they stream some of the panels: http://www.twitch.tv/PAX/

Since they don't stream all the panels they might or might not stream Rocket's panel. Here is the schedule (Rocket's panel is at 3:30PM): http://east.paxsite.com/static/schedule.html?/schedule

Although not all panels are streamed sometimes people record panels and put it up on youtube.

Thank you for the info. :)

yes, you can watch it live in Boston :trollface:

But I don't live in Boston :unicornface:

^^np - I just had my grumpy head on, I just thought I was going to have to explain something for the millionth time, please accept my appologies.

Don't do it again or we will go medieval on your ass. Please.

• Like 1

But I don't live in Boston :unicornface:

Why the long face?

*guffaw* *chortle* *cough* *splutter*

• Like 1

omnomnom

Come on it's a classic.

EG

A bear walks in to a bar and says "I'll have a....................um.......................er.................."

Barman says "why the big pause?"

Classic.

Pause/paws? geddit? geddit?

• Like 4

A horse walks into a bar and says nothing to the barman because it is a horse and horses cannot speak human language, or any language for that matter.

• Like 4

its all about priorities

hes at pax doing his thing should he focus on doing us a blog or promote the game at a big games expo ?

probably got footage at pax anyway.

Then someone got their priorities wrong. Did going to big game conventions gain Rocket over 1.6 millions unique subscribers? Or was releasing great concept (even if pre-alpha quality and "unplayable" game by his own words) and engaging with the community. Going to conventions wont sell SA, you need a marketing budget beyond BiS means to get noticed through traditional marketing. Word of mouth is what sold Mod/Arma2 combo and what will sell the SA. Rocket must return to his roots before it's too late.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1

*snip*
I'm pretty damn sure there's going to have to be a LOT of fuck-ups before you get to declare "it's too late".

I'm afraid it just ain't your call to make.

Word of mouth, and everything up to this point has earned the DayZ devs their own panel at PAX.

Their priorities are - Do their job first, and bow to your whim second.

Wind your neck in.

• Like 1

I'm pretty damn sure there's going to have to be a LOT of fuck-ups before you get to declare "it's too late".

I'm afraid it just ain't your call to make.

Word of mouth, and everything up to this point has earned the DayZ devs their own panel at PAX.

Their priorities are - Do their job first, and bow to your whim second.

Wind your neck in.

Don't fool yourself - physically going half-way across the globe is all about marketing, if one just wants to share knowledge with a wide audience there are much better ways for that in our enlightened times. And you are right , it's not my call to make, just like it's not one person's call to elect the President, yet as they say every voice counts. How long will the Community continue to tolerate Rocket's erratic behavior? Time will tell, but this is not the first fuckup. I say changing the scope of the project in October/November, knowing full well that December deadline was not going to be made for sure, then running away and hiding from the Community was strike one.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

you really have no idea do you :lol:

2 months later will be E3, and 2 months after that PAX Prime

you created this dichotomy, like he has to either prioritize the dev blog or pax. my point is there's always gonna be a pax, or something similar, to prepare for. it's a given in his business, and for that reason it should already be accounted for in his schedule

Well, I'm of the opinion that folks should wait to see some results before passing judgement on the methods.

Yes, going to PAX is about marketing, but as well as develping DayZ, representing Bohemia and their future product is among Rocket's responsibilities.

These conventions are about games, but they're also about the people behind the games.

I don't imagine the team are literally slaving away 24/7 on SA, but it's sure to be taking up a lot of the day.

Expos and Devblogs are an afterthought. And PAX just happens to be scheduled strictly enough that something had to give.

It really doesn't shock me that Rocket isn't reporting every detail every minute of every day.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

Rocket isn't the man who is doing the textures, modells, animations,codewriting, landscape modelling etc etc etc in his team atm. This means going off to Pax, Mount Everest or Mars colonies does not really effect the pace of SA development, In case of any problems his lads can contact him using this new thing called world wide web.

As someone mentioned here before, events like the Pax or E3 are part of the business and as a creative director Rocket is defenetely in charge of marketing and stuff...however I still think communication shoud be more centralized.

PS: We should all releax, I am pretty sure SA will not be out before June :)

Don't fool yourself - physically going half-way across the globe is all about marketing, if one just wants to share knowledge with a wide audience there are much better ways for that in our enlightened times. And you are right , it's not my call to make, just like it's not one person's call to elect the President, yet as they say every voice counts. How long will the Community continue to tolerate Rocket's erratic behavior? Time will tell, but this is not the first fuckup. I say changing the scope of the project in October/November, knowing full well that December deadline was not going to be made for sure, then running away and hiding from the Community was strike one.

We think alike. I don't know Rocket but from what I've seen so far he is sooooo caught up in the ME thing it doesnt matter. That said it's no different to a Singer or a Band with their first Hit, you get adulataion people telling you how great you are, you start to feel important, and even as grounded as you may like to think you are you start believing some of what people are telling you. After the last Event where he said it HAS to be out in December/ years End, are Bohemia fucking Mental getting him up on stage again ? He came to the last ill prepared , his words not mine, are we going to see the same again ? Surely they must have someone that can present DayZ at PAX other than Dean. Let Dean concentrate on ideas for the game he "WANTS" to be made and let people who are more than capable hosting such announcements do so.

• Like 1

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'm as impatient as the rest of you guys, but calm down for heaven's sake... It'll be done when it's done.

I want to go raging as a motherf***** for the lack of response too, but there's nothing we can do but wait.

I've found that angrily chewing horrendous amounts of large bubblegums can keep me occupied for hours at a time.

Edited by Asharak

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'm as impatient as the rest of you guys, but calm down for heaven's sake... It'll be done when it's done.

I want to go raging as a motherf***** for the lack of response too, but there's nothing we can do but wait.

I've found that angrily chewing horrendous amounts of large bubblegums can keep me occupied for hours at a time.

I cant see many being impatient here at all, I do see people however reminding people NOT to tell us in will be done when its Done, when no fcker here i can see is asking for it to be DONE ! Most are complaining about Rockets over commitments .