Noquid

A couple very annoying things that should be fixed IMO

Prerequisite: You are not a member of some large group of people that can come pick you up at the drop of a hat.

1. Autorun: What's the problem? Is there a reason why this has not been added? I literally can't squeeze my left hand without pain due to this frickin issue. Apparently you can do this somehow via steam overlay or something but I haven't been able to get that to work and why should I have to?

2. Upon death, prompt the person for a "try to recover?" or "move on". Why would anyone keep playing if they just spent 3 hours playing the game and then due to some one-shot ex-boxer zombie, you die and then spawn all the way across the map? Give them the option of spawning somewhat close to where you died (if there is a nearby spawn point). What do you do if you aren't part of some group that can come and get you? Answer: run to the nearest town and let the zombies kill you, rinse, repeat until you're somewhat close to where you were before, which seems to be a no-no for some reason.

Very fun game, lots of potential.

Prerequisite: You are not a member of some large group of people that can come pick you up at the drop of a hat.

1. Autorun: What's the problem? Is there a reason why this has not been added? I literally can't squeeze my left hand without pain due to this frickin issue. Apparently you can do this somehow via steam overlay or something but I haven't been able to get that to work and why should I have to?

2. Upon death, prompt the person for a "try to recover?" or "move on". Why would anyone keep playing if they just spent 3 hours playing the game and then due to some one-shot ex-boxer zombie, you die and then spawn all the way across the map? Give them the option of spawning somewhat close to where you died (if there is a nearby spawn point). What do you do if you aren't part of some group that can come and get you? Answer: run to the nearest town and let the zombies kill you, rinse, repeat until you're somewhat close to where you were before, which seems to be a no-no for some reason.

:facepalm:

• Like 3

Even though this is your opinion, I highly disagree with you on the suggestions. Makes it too easy.

:facepalm:

This.

Why would you let someone respawn next to their corpse, that ain't fun!

To run using the steam overlay. Ensure your character walks from standstill. To do this you may need to double tap shift. Once you are in this "mode", walk forward and enable your overlay. i.e. "Shift+Tab" thus you have to have "run bound to your shift key.

Getting "Jackie Chan'ed" is approx 1 in 500 chance.

One of the reasons why the game is tense is because of the risk, You risk your character, your stats, your equipment and your location by looting, shooting and moving around the map. If that risk wasn't there, because you could spawn where you died and collect all your gear again, then there would be no risk and the game would not have a tense atmosphere. Instead everyone would run around with their balls out taking every risk because there would be no consequence.

So, I don't think there needs to be any chance in the respawn location.

Edited by Gweggles
  • Like 1

1. can be easily addressed with a keyboard macro

2. GTFO if you die, your dead you should not spawn next to your body so you can just recover all your gear, if you want it then you should have to go and get it not have it handed to you on a plate.

It's the high stakes of perma-death and losing everything that made DayZ so popular to begin with, that's where the tension comes from and the sense of reward when you manage to survive for a long time. I don't see that changing. Ever.

This isn't a game of quick thrills and isn't likely ever to be one. It's supposed to be hard and frustrating, that's the point.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

It's the high stakes of perma-death and losing everything that made DayZ so popular to begin with, that's where the tension comes from and the sense of reward when you manage to survive for a long time. I don't see that changing. Ever.

This isn't a game of quick thrills and isn't likely ever to be one. It's supposed to be hard and frustrating, that's the point.

Go big, or go home.

"1. can be easily addressed with a keyboard macro"

Why?? That's the whole point of just adding the keybind. And why would everyone have to play through steam in order to autorun? These don't make sense, sorry.

"2. GTFO if you die, your dead you should not spawn next to your body so you can just recover all your gear, if you want it then you should have to go and get it not have it handed to you on a plate."

Where do I say spawn next to your body?? I said "Give them the option of spawning somewhat close to where you died (if there is a nearby spawn point)." Meaning if there is a spawn point somewhere nearby, then let the person have an option to spawn there. If the person doesn't have a group picking them up (in my prerequisite), they're going to go get killed over and over until they ARE somewhere nearby. I see it all the time and I do it myself.

"...not have it handed to you on a plate." Yea, like having someone come pick you up.

"1. can be easily addressed with a keyboard macro"

Why?? That's the whole point of just adding the keybind. And why would everyone have to play through steam in order to autorun? These don't make sense, sorry.

"2. GTFO if you die, your dead you should not spawn next to your body so you can just recover all your gear, if you want it then you should have to go and get it not have it handed to you on a plate."

Where do I say spawn next to your body?? I said "Give them the option of spawning somewhat close to where you died (if there is a nearby spawn point)." Meaning if there is a spawn point somewhere nearby, then let the person have an option to spawn there. If the person doesn't have a group picking them up (in my prerequisite), they're going to go get killed over and over until they ARE somewhere nearby. I see it all the time and I do it myself.

"...not have it handed to you on a plate." Yea, like having someone come pick you up.

This obviously isn't a game for you.

Play it properly or don't complain.

you should be perma-banned when dead. so you have to buy a new game. hardcore-m*therf*ckin-sh*t that would be an experience....

• Like 2

Why would you let someone respawn next to their corpse, that ain't fun!

Only fun i see is that the sniper 500 meters away can kill him again and again! that sounds fun! :D

If you die you die, that is how it is, and how it should be! It's like Diablo 2 hc, its supposed to be tough on you whenever you die. It makes every time you DO get in a fight, being it with a player or just a zombie, and you actually DO survive so much more worth it, because you know what you would have lost. But if you do happen to die, you just have to pull yourself up and start over again, that's how the gameplay is.

I mean, if you die it's gameover! You're not connected to you old character in anyway anymore, so why should you spawn nearby? That would also create alot of bad situations. Lets say you die by a player, you would just be able to spawn in nearby, get a quick weapon, like a hatchet which is pretty common in any industrial buildings, run behind him and kill him. That wouldn't be fair would it?

Why should it be a bad thing to have buddies to help you out when needed? If a zombie apocalypse were to happen, I would diffidently stick with some people for better survival! Didn't you see the latest The Walking Dead episode? Everyone alone is as good as dead! ;)