deewreck

How does everyone else feel?

First let me say that I've been playing DayZ since the beginning and I've had a lot of good experiences in the game as well as having my share of bad ones.

Recently, I was in Krasnostav after searching the desolate northern reaches for camps and I heard the rumbling sound of a vehicle. Obviously I followed the sound until it slowly faded into the distance. "Well, they're gone." I said to myself. I continued on to the supermarket there, and picked up a few supplies I had been short on. After getting out of the supermarket I attracted a few zombies so I run to the Northeast towards the airfield and lose them eventually in some pines. I moved past the last tree before the open field and spot the vehicle I had heard just a few minutes earlier, parked in some trees to the west of the airfield. I scanned the area and assumed the owners had gone down to loot and would be returning soon. As I was moving to the van in the trees I saw them moving towards me through the field. I waited in a bush until exactly the right moment, shouted "Thanks for the van!" over direct chat and proceeded to Swiss cheese their faces until my gun went click. After looting their bodies I realized they had mostly nothing of value on them except for the van. I left their bodies and continued on to the airfield hoping for recently spawned loot. The hangars yielded nothing but a few smoke grenades so I started crawling to the ACT in hopes of finding something better. Halfway through my crawl I hear a crack and my vision went black. I had died to a sniper.

It's so anticlimactic.

I guess I want to know why. Why do you enjoy sitting on a hill and killing people in one shot? I've tried sniping and it's just not rewarding. I feel bored after killing someone that way. Be a little more creative.

tl;dr Sniped at airfield/butthurt.

Edited by deewreck
  • Like 4

/ointment

Basically "I tried it and I didn't like it, so you shouldn't do it."

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

So a Bandit was killed by a Bandit (who snipes) and he is upset ... what about the two players you killed ... how do you think they feel. :)

I mean really ... bandits complaining because they got killed ... now I have heard everything ... might as well just pack up DayZ now. :P

p.s. This is just a light-hearted stab at Bandits ... I can dig that they are part of the game ... :)

• Like 2

I like sniping, gets my kill count up and helps me fill those sheets of paper! :thumbsup:

ZTJCmlK.jpg

• Like 3

Some people like the power they have while using a sniper rifle.

It just takes so little to erase the entire progress of another player.

Just.. point and.. click. Gone. The player has to start over because you made him.

Some people are mentally rewarded by that superiority. Obviously not everybody.

The first time I tried to snipe in Cherno I lay there for 30 seconds before I said fuck this and ran in with my m14 aim :)

Sniping is too boring for me, Im a very close range fighter, good one too.

just wondering...

How do you know that this 3rd person wasn't part of that group?

the two of them had just checked hangars/radio tower and the 3rd guy said "Meet you at the van, I'll check the firehouse", he runs over and goes up the tower while your shooting his buddies?

it sucks getting sniped when you've been on foot for several hours and get to the ural spawn and hear a crack in the distance, but you had just previously been in combat. I know alot of "snipers" don't deserve credit for the crap they do in this game, but is it also possible this random guy saw you kill those 2 guys and SMARTLY decided to take up position and wait for you?

Of all the places to sit 24/7 I highly doubt the NE airstrip is the place to go, not to mention... wouldn't he have already killed those 2 guys before you?

Your own fault for crawling at nwaf. Have a word

You must be new, so here is a map of where krasnostav is ! definitely not at NWAF

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.114.029

Edited by Charb

top marks for honesty in the tldr, me rikey!

ive shot many a sniper, but not very often sat in a bush waiting for a target. the guns are good in all situations bar knife fighting. but ye you gotto be really bored in rl to sit a bush for 3 hours on a game...

You must be new, so here is a map of where krasnostav is ! definitely not at NWAF

Clearly he meant the NEAF.

I have to agree with him, I can't think of any scenario where it would make more sense to slowly crawl across open ground after killing 2 people, especially at a player hot spot like the NE airfield.

• Like 1

but ye you gotto be really bored in rl to sit a bush for 3 hours on a game...

You'll have to teach me your ways of knowing how long someone's been in a place after only seeing them for a minute.

Eh, the ones that just sit there for hours are not snipers... they're campers... If I decide to snipe, I don't stay in any place for more than an hour.

You're complaining about getting shot after just gunning two people down for their van? Really? Seriously?

You got shot. How you got shot is irrelevent. Getting shot by a sniper gun at long range or a makarov at point blank range is the same thing, getting shot. Instead of figuring out that you did something WRONG in your tactics, you complain that sniping is the problem and that it was due to a camper. That has to be the most idiotic logic there can be.

You got shot, therefore the problem was your fault.

1. You didn't check the hills before going into the airfield.

2. You didn't check the ATC before going into the airfield.

3. You assumed those two people were the only ones around.

4. You CRAWLED towards the ATC from the hangers. That was just a brilliant move! I would have been able to head shoot you myself from any hill around the area with you doing that.

5. You then come to the forums to complain about snipers when it was your own stupidity that got you killed.

What if someone had run up behind you and axed you to death while you were crawling. Would you have come to the forums and complained that hatchets are overpowered and lame?

Use some critical f'ing thinking when you play this game.

• Like 1

First let me say that I've been playing DayZ since the beginning and I've had a lot of good experiences in the game as well as having my share of bad ones.

Recently, I was in Krasnostav after searching the desolate northern reaches for camps and I heard the rumbling sound of a vehicle. Obviously I followed the sound until it slowly faded into the distance. "Well, they're gone." I said to myself. I continued on to the supermarket there, and picked up a few supplies I had been short on. After getting out of the supermarket I attracted a few zombies so I run to the Northeast towards the airfield and lose them eventually in some pines. I moved past the last tree before the open field and spot the vehicle I had heard just a few minutes earlier, parked in some trees to the west of the airfield. I scanned the area and assumed the owners had gone down to loot and would be returning soon. As I was moving to the van in the trees I saw them moving towards me through the field. I waited in a bush until exactly the right moment, shouted "Thanks for the van!" over direct chat and proceeded to Swiss cheese their faces until my gun went click. After looting their bodies I realized they had mostly nothing of value on them except for the van. I left their bodies and continued on to the airfield hoping for recently spawned loot. The hangars yielded nothing but a few smoke grenades so I started crawling to the ACT in hopes of finding something better. Halfway through my crawl I hear a crack and my vision went black. I had died to a sniper.

It's so anticlimactic.

I guess I want to know why. Why do you enjoy sitting on a hill and killing people in one shot? I've tried sniping and it's just not rewarding. I feel bored after killing someone that way. Be a little more creative.

Sounds Bitter but you SOS so.....you had it coming.

I like sitting on a hill and sniping anything that moves :3 It can be fun. I just dont wait for 3 hours. I'll wait in one spot for an hour and at the end of that hour, and I'm still alive, I leave.

It's so anticlimactic.

Who are you to tell another player how to enjoy a game? Why do you think that he should enjoy the game the same way as you? Does he not have a right to play Day Z the way he wants to?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what your complaint is.

Are you upset that you got shot with a sniper rifle instead of a medium range weapon? The tags on the thread are why I ask.

Are you upset that it happened at an airfield?

Are you upset because you think the player who shot you was "camping"? (not confirmed that he was)

Honestly this is stupid. You jack two guys for their vehicle (good job), then complain when you get shot (shame on you). I don't think the type of rifle you got shot with matters much either. I've taken up hides in town with Enfields and M16's and sniped players many times. A sniper isn't a sniper based on his rifle. A sniper shoots from a concealed position, with precision fire. I understand why people don't like it, but that's the way snipers are supposed to be. The effectiveness of a sniper is largely based on the psychological effect that they create. You call it camping, I call it sniping. That is how they're supposed to operate - find a hide, observe an area, and when a target is found they reduce it. People don't like it because they feel helpless. Well, you're supposed to.

Maybe some people get off on the superiority they feel, I can see that. Maybe some players think its safer than fighting close quarters. Possibly, they want the most OP weapon they can find (the .50 rifles). There is nothing wrong with those weapons, it's just the general idea that you HAVE to have the "best" gear that I personally don't fall in line with. It's likely different for every player. You don't like it, so don't do it. They do, so they will. Sandbox, etc.

I can only speak for myself on this, but for me it's about the shot. I LIKE setting up a 900m shot with an M24 and hitting the target. I like taking a 300m shot with an Enfield. I like taking a 600m shot with an M16 ACOG. If the target is moving, it's all the better. If I get bored I'll find an empty server and shoot cows and sheep for practice.

If I'm "camping" an area, that means I've spent a few hours prior scouting the area, and am in a carefully chosen spot. If I wait there for two hours before I find a target I like, the shot and the loot makes it worth it for me. You and others may not understand it, but I'm not going to play the game a different way to please other people.

Its not as if snipers are unkillable. You simply need to take their possible presence into account and plan for it.

Edited by codave
  • Like 3

I'm trying to figure out exactly what your complaint is.

Are you upset that you got shot with a sniper rifle instead of a medium range weapon? The tags on the thread are why I ask.

Are you upset that it happened at an airfield?

Are you upset because you think the player who shot you was "camping"? (not confirmed that he was)

Honestly this is stupid. You jack two guys for their vehicle (good job), then complain when you get shot (shame on you). I don't think the type of rifle you got shot with matters much either. I've taken up hides in town with Enfields and M16's and sniped players many times. A sniper isn't a sniper based on his rifle. A sniper shoots from a concealed position, with precision fire. I understand why people don't like it, but that's the way snipers are supposed to be. The effectiveness of a sniper is largely based on the psychological effect that they create. You call it camping, I call it sniping. That is how they're supposed to operate - find a hide, observe an area, and when a target is found they reduce it. People don't like it because they feel helpless. Well, you're supposed to.

Maybe some people get off on the superiority they feel, I can see that. Maybe some players think its safer than fighting close quarters. Possibly, they want the most OP weapon they can find (the .50 rifles). There is nothing wrong with those weapons, it's just the general idea that you HAVE to have the "best" gear that I personally don't fall in line with. It's likely different for every player. You don't like it, so don't do it. They do, so they will. Sandbox, etc.

I can only speak for myself on this, but for me it's about the shot. I LIKE setting up a 900m shot with an M24 and hitting the target. I like taking a 300m shot with an Enfield. I like taking a 600m shot with an M16 ACOG. If the target is moving, it's all the better. If I get bored I'll find an empty server and shoot cows and sheep for practice.

If I'm "camping" an area, that means I've spent a few hours prior scouting the area, and am in a carefully chosen spot. If I wait there for two hours before I find a target I like, the shot and the loot makes it worth it for me. You and others may not understand it, but I'm not going to play the game a different way to please other people.

Its not as if snipers are unkillable. You simply need to take their possible presence into account and plan for it.

Damn you nailed it. Take all my beans, sir!

Ever since I've begun lone wolfing, sniping has been one of my only ways of survival. It's generally suicide to get within 100-300 meters to take several guys on with an AR. It is possible and there are those who can do it, but when you are by yourself, sniping can be much more effective and safe. I've begun using guerrilla warfare tactics in the last month, and sniping is the most effective means for me. I enjoy sneaking around from bush, to tree, to shrub, to building, watching my prey and waiting for that one shot. It is much more enjoyable to me than going in with an AR and lighting some bastards up. Sniping, as stated by codave, is capable of causing psychological effects. There is nothing more scary than one of your squad members getting picked off with one shot by a guy several hundred meters away. It is effective, and being a lonewolf, keeps me alive.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

Honestly, the only time I've been able to sit still long enough in DayZ (The bushwookies! THEY'RE FOLLOWING MEEEEEEE!!) to snipe anyone is when I've got a friend or two down in the town looting.

Clearly he meant the NEAF.

I have to agree with him, I can't think of any scenario where it would make more sense to slowly crawl across open ground after killing 2 people, especially at a player hot spot like the NE airfield.

See a little common sense ^^ nice one victim187

. I obviously ment NEAF , my iPhone likes to change what I say. As for new? I suppose so ... Only been playing arma since 2009/10 and dayz from day 1 so yeah brand new