Sign in to follow this  
krazykilla451

I NEED HELP ASAP.

I need help i just bought arma 2 combined operations I followed all of the steps to install dayz now when i open the dayz mod that you can download from steam I got stuck at the loading screen when i went to try go into a server and i was trying to fix it. Then I went ito expansions it said I had @dayz but not dayZ i don't know what to do and i have searched for about a day now please HELP!!!!.

Hello there

Firstly it would help your plight more if you put a descriptive title as the one you have is of no real use, same with your tags.

As to your error, why not use Dayz Commander instead?

Rgds

LoK

Have you loaded Arma2 once and Arma2 OA once BEFORE trying to get dayz working? Not sure thats your issue.

I guess there will be more questions like the one from the OP, after Steam added the mod as a download. Even if there are SixUpdater and DayZ Commander, it's easier to just click and download everything via Steam for a lot of people. Seeing how the DayZ mod store page on Steam doesn't have a link to the Steam forums, I can imagine more help requests like these one coming.

I need help i just bought arma 2 combined operations I followed all of the steps to install dayz now when i open the dayz mod that you can download from steam I got stuck at the loading screen when i went to try go into a server and i was trying to fix it. Then I went ito expansions it said I had @dayz but not dayZ i don't know what to do and i have searched for about a day now please HELP!!!!.

I just checked the store page of DayZ on Steam: After installing ArmA 2 completely, did you start both the basic game and OA once before installing and running DayZ? It's necessary for ArmA 2 to add some registry entries or stuff like that after downloading via Steam, so if you missed that step, it could be the reason for why DayZ won't run. If you missed that step, I suggest completely uninstalling both DayZ and ArmA 2, then reinstall ArmA 2, run both games once until you're in the main menu, then install the DayZ mod, run that and try to join a server.

Also, don't worry about the "@dayz" folder in your expansions directory. All mods for ArmA 2 are named with an @ at the beginning. :)

If everything fails, there are still other ways like orlok mentioned, but it might be a useful lesson if problems with the Steam-based DayZ can be pinpointed I think.

• Like 1

Hello there

Firstly it would help your plight more if you put a descriptive title as the one you have is of no real use, same with your tags.

Rgds

LoK

dayz commander doesn't display anything and it says i have everything up to date and it doesn't show dayz

Edited by krazykilla451

hmm odd. when you click on the install update area can you re download/install dayz from there?

and have you? then tried to run it?

dayz commander doesn't display anything and it says i have everything up to date and it doesn't show dayz

how do you mean it doesnt show dayz, get a screen shot so we can better help you

Edited by AmberHelios

if you are doing to one from steam you need to delete it .. it will not update at all use the one at dayz mods