Sign in to follow this  
OnkelGunther

ARMA 2 Discount on Steam until 12th of March!

You've got to be freaking kidding me. I bought mine for only 40% discount. Heads up guys, this could mean something, I have a feeling that the StandAlone is getting closer, and they are making a final sale :D Although, this happened before Christmas as well. So it could mean scrap. But its nice to think about the SA being closer :D

Probably just to coincide with ARMA 3 going into Alpha release today.

I feel raped by steam and bohemia. I bought the game in late November. They still had ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead listed as separate purchases. I bought both, then realized seconds later that I could have saved 12 dollars by purchasing combined operations. Why would they do this? I know it's my fault for not doing my research but it seems shady as hell.

Also, when is the game coming??? I'm getting annoyed. I feel like I'm being jerked around. Are they trying to get all of us to buy ARMA 3? I'm not buying shit from Bohemia until the standalone comes out.

I feel raped by steam and bohemia. I bought the game in late November. They still had ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead listed as separate purchases. I bought both, then realized seconds later that I could have saved 12 dollars by purchasing combined operations. Why would they do this? I know it's my fault for not doing my research but it seems shady as hell.

Also, when is the game coming??? I'm getting annoyed. I feel like I'm being jerked around. Are they trying to get all of us to buy ARMA 3? I'm not buying shit from Bohemia until the standalone comes out.

Im not sure what you're trying to say. You feel raped over $12? Like you said it is your own fault for not looking at all your options.

Of course they are trying to get all of us to buy Arma 3. This has nothing to do with the standalone.

Again, im slightly confused by this post.

Stop whining drgonzo. Some people might have already bought the Arma 2 and only needed OA. So yeah. Legitimate reasons to sell both seperate and as a bundle. Dont blame them for your mistakes.

If you are getting annoyed that the game hasnt been released yet then boo hoo.

@ DrGonzo - There is no need to be upset.

As you said a quick read on here (our front page says to buy Combined Ops for DayZ) or 2 mins research would have solved your problem. As mentioned above, some people already own Arma2 and only need OA, lets not forget they are both standalone games in their own right, you don't need one to play the other. I fail to see anything shady about that or anything else.

Regarding the SA the devblogs are very open about how they're not rushing out the SA. Arma 3 was in development long before DayZ SA was even thought of and their development paths are entirely separate too.

I'd imagine they do want us to buy ARMA 3, that was the point of making it.

You can out your tin hat away for now.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Im not sure what you're trying to say. You feel raped over $12? Like you said it is your own fault for not looking at all your options.

Of course they are trying to get all of us to buy Arma 3. This has nothing to do with the standalone.

Again, im slightly confused by this post.

My question is why did they continue to offer the two separate items at the higher cost? Smells like bullshit. And yes, I'm upset about twelve dollars.

Stop whining drgonzo. Some people might have already bought the Arma 2 and only needed OA. So yeah. Legitimate reasons to sell both seperate and as a bundle. Dont blame them for your mistakes.

If you are getting annoyed that the game hasnt been released yet then boo hoo.

Well then why offer ARMA 2 by itself?

Well then why offer ARMA 2 by itself?

Why not? They're both 2 separate games. Some people will have bought Arma2 in the past, others might own OA. My friend actually owned OA and needed to buy Arma 2 to play DayZ . To combine them users will only need to purchase the other one, do you see?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

What I'm getting at is when I bought the game it should have only been listed as Combined Operations or Operation Arrowhead. No need to gouge unsuspecting buyers into paying for both separately in one transaction. Or offer it when you see them place both in their cart. It's called customer service.

Why not. They're both 2 separate games. Some people will have bought Arma2 in the past, others might own OA. To combine them users will only need to purchase the other one, do you see?

Who would want ARMA 2 without operation arrowhead?

Why not? They're both 2 separate games. Some people will have bought Arma2 in the past, others might own OA. My friend actually owned OA and needed to buy Arma 2 to play DayZ . To combine them users will only need to purchase the other one, do you see?

Sorry it was my understanding that Operation Arrowhead was an expansion for ARMA 2. I didn't realize it was a standalone game that would run independent of ARMA 2. I stand corrected in that case.
  • Like 1

Hello there

I know several folk who have only A2 and have no intention of upgrading to OA.

I myself have not bought ToH, even though it integrates with OA.

Also, I bought A2 and OA at full price. Should I also feel upset? I wanted the games at the time so I paid that price. I could have waited, but I didnt want to.

There really is no illuminati conspiracy

Rgds

LoK

Who would want ARMA 2 without operation arrowhead?

As I said, the people that bought OA on it's own (it is a game in it's own right) and then later wanted to upgrade to Combined Operations would only need to buy Arma 2.

OA has it's own campaign as does Arma 2 and they both have a shed load of content and have both been supported by BIS for many years after their release so wanting to recoupe some money for that support seems fair enough to me. BIS are well respected by their fanbase for supporting their games and free mods for many years after the initial games are released.

Of all of the thingS raping you of your money in the game industry right now (micro-transactions, paid for DLC that's ALREADY ON YOUR HD on initial install and devs dropping support for games the second they have your money without even fixing game breaking patches, I can't help but think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Fraggle

Hello there

I know several folk who have only A2 and have no intention of upgrading to OA.

I myself have not bought ToH, even though it integrates with OA.

Also, I bought A2 and OA at full price. Should I also feel upset? I wanted the games at the time so I paid that price. I could have waited, but I didnt want to.

There really is no illuminati conspiracy

Rgds

LoK

Jesus christ people! Steam was selling the same product at two separate costs!! Buy Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead for $40 or Combined Operations for $30. If I was selling a product this way and someone approached my counter with the first two items, I would simply say, you know you can get these combined for cheaper. Is that such a ludicrous complaint???
  • Like 1

Hello there

Well, if you have any real complaint, you're better of firing it at steam customer support.

Also remember A2 has stuff in it that OA hasnt.

Lastly if CO was for sale cheaper than A2 or OA then that is a flaw in their marketing dept and they should have been notified.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Hello there

Well, if you have any real complaint, you're better of firing it at steam customer support.

Also remember A2 has stuff in it that OA hasnt.

Lastly if CO was for sale cheaper than A2 or OA then that is a flaw in their marketing dept and they should have been notified.

Rgds

LoK

Thank You! Finally someone who understands my issue. Steam has since corrected the problem. My question is, why would a company like Bohemia let such an obvious redundancy go on. They were punishing their fanbase.

Have you asked on the Arma forums or Steam yet? Maybe they can explain better than us.

Have you asked on the Arma forums or Steam yet? Maybe they can explain better than us.

Yes, I did complain to steam. They explained it as a redundancy and said someone would get back to me about a refund. It never happened.

Might be worth chasing it up then if you feel it's worth your time.

Also, guys. There's no need to attack everyone who makes a post that isn't in lock step with DayZ / Bohemia. It makes you look unprofessional. I was only mentioning this here because it was talking about the current sale. I wanted other customers to be informed when they start buying. How about a little understanding here. You're so quick to stick a sock in my mouth that it took me seven replies just to get to the ACTUAL issue.

Also, guys. There's no need to attack everyone who makes a post that isn't in lock step with DayZ / Bohemia. It makes you look unprofessional. I was only mentioning this here because it was talking about the current sale. I wanted other customers to be informed when they start buying. How about a little understanding here. You're so quick to stick a sock in my mouth that it took me seven replies just to get to the ACTUAL issue.

I don't remember attacking you. I simply offered you what I thought. Your initial comment said that you felt "raped by BIS". We spent some time trying to explain why maybe we thought you shouldn't. Sure, we're mods but we're also allowed to express our opinions. I didn't shoot you down, I gave you good reasoning and backed it up with facts. Your initial complaint could have been worded better to avoid confusion and you did move the goal posts slightly when you realised they were both separate games.

Anyway, to sum up, I hope you don't feel under attack. It's just a discussion. I've been openly critical too of the DayZ devs in the past as well as BIS when the need arises, I just don't happen to think this issue was something that should have left you so angry (especially considering you have already been offered a refund :/ ).

I hope Steam sort you out.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

for a long time now on the steam page at the top there has been a box saying that The Day Z Mod requires combined operations both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead.

it has been changed now though to The Day Z Mod requires both Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead. For the best experience (including high detail textures for all models used in the DayZ Mod) purchase Arma II: Complete Collection.

and underneath the Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead add to cart it says

Packages that include this game Buy ARMA II: Combined Operations Includes 2 items: ARMA II, ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead

this has been the case now for ages and i dont really see how anyone attacked you over this bis dont control how steam runs their own shop only the information that is displayed on the store page ie requirements and features

steam has never been the easiest store to look around and they have their own problems but they do have a lot of games to keep updated on the pages plus they are a game developer

Edited by AmberHelios