Sign in to follow this  
ROGUExMaGiiKz

DayZ Standalone on Disc for UK, US and Europe and Asia?

I really despirately want DayZ on disc in the UK and other contries as well as having it in Steam because many people have not got PayPal, Credit Cards and others so it would be very good if you Devs released DayZ on disc. I'd like it personally to be on disc as I have non of there types of payment. I would be so so sooooo happy if DayZ was released on disc. Please reply soon.

• Like 1

Far as Im aware (and im not very up to date or knowledgable about Dayz's release information) its going to be a steam release. It cuts costs that way.

Keep it steam, it keeps away the 9 year olds who can't use their parents credit cards :rolleyes:

• Like 6

It would add publisher costs to the development.

Unnecessary IMO, and I want more of the profit to go to the developers.

• Like 2

It will be digital due to the development process, as the game will be continuously patched the disc would become obsolete very quickly.

• Like 2

Keep it steam, it keeps away the 9 year olds who can't use their parents credit cards :rolleyes:

are you claiming all the people under say...18 shouldnt be allowed on this game because its challenging and you see kids crying on COD?or are you basing this of every kid you have seen in dayz?...cuz i've seen perfectly mature 10-18 year olds

Edit: also many parents would buy the kids the game themselves anyway,parents be submissive

Edited by NeedzBeanz

are you claiming all the people under say...18 shouldnt be allowed on this game because its challenging and you see kids crying on COD?or are you basing this of every kid you have seen in dayz?...cuz i've seen perfectly mature 10-18 year olds

Edit: also many parents would buy the kids the game themselves anyway,parents be submissive

I mean, I've seen perfectly mature 16+ year olds,

But I honestly don't think you can have a 'perfectly mature' 10 year old.

• Like 1

cuz i've seen perfectly mature 10-18 year olds

And the winnder of 2013 Out of Context Award is....

Edit:

Also

many parents would buy the kids

Edited by intensity

563503_413446298744748_533202744_n.png

This was on a FB group, even i don't have an account on FB i came through it looking at some details from the dayz.wiki

No it doesn't. These arguements are stupid. A 60 dollar a year doesn't keep them away from xboxlive. 60 dollars a game doesn't keep them away from a game. They're in Counterstrike Source. Does steam keep them away? No. They have parents......

Distribution and printing and whatnot is very costly. So there is a reason why digital distribution is favored. :)

it was said, that there will be a console version maybe in future... - so why not a disc-release also for pc?

annother thing is piracy... - maybe there will be a few people who will pirate it and play on other server...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

563503_413446298744748_533202744_n.png

This was on a FB group, even i don't have an account on FB i came through it looking at some details from the dayz.wiki

Lol, look at the screenshots on the back, they are from the mod.

there are way more payment methods on steam then papal or credit card. even if you just have a normal bank accoutn you can pay in steam (at least in germany). So I don't see the point in an "normal" release despite the downloadspeed of some regions.

If you have a debit card, create a virtual card and it works as a credit card (if your bank has the option to make one).