Sign in to follow this  
jacksgrin

Zombie killing Incentive

If you're discovered by zombies, everything should go to hell.

avoidance at all costs...that would be my game-approach. i imagine zeds to be like komodo dragons. deadly infectious!

It is a misconception, that Komodo dragon bites are deadly only because they have bacteria in their mouths (actually, dragons held in captivity don't even carry the dangerous bacteria). It was recently discovered that they have poison glands in their lower jaws that secrete venom, that ultimately causes the prey to fall unconscious.

Edited by TheSodesa
  • Like 1

i simply think zeds should drop more loot, a military zombie could have a rifle on its back, a civilian zombie could have food or survival gear on it. This is a simple solution and an efective one imo. Think about it: zombies where living beings before the infection, so there is no reason they shouldn't still have stuff on them after they turned.

The biggest issue imho is one that cannot be easily dealt with.

In a "real" zombie scenario, there would be a definite advantage to killing zombies; less zombies means increased safety. (cf. The Walked Dead Prison ) If you could clear out an area of zombies, then you'd have an incentive to do so. Unfortunately this is a video game and as much as we all clamor for "realism" the Spawn system destroys that. I find going to a barn in the middle of nowhere, killing the zombie family that used to live there then watching another Z family magically sprout up out of the ground to be incredible immersion breaking. If I had a solution, I'd probably sell it to Rocket :)

How about this: The more zombies you kill, the less zombies your character will cause to spawn? It makes sense that the dude above with 4500 Z kills will run into less zombies than the bandit who rapes his Lee Enfield and AS50 fire button while dip dodge dive duck and dodging zombies and not shooting any.

Zombie killer extraordinaire walks into Cherno=20Z's spawn.

Bandit/Noob who can't be arsed to learn how to headshot with a Macaroni runs through Cherno=250 Zs spawn.

As many pointed out already, if the infected get more dangerous, players will have the biggest insentive to kill them, aka survive.

How about a reward system in knowledge though, instead of loot? Since zs are not dead but instead infected, why not have a senario where scientists find a treatment? Once player gets access to this treatment, they would need to capture infected and cure them over time. After the infected heals and before leaving, as a token of gratitude they could impart some knowledge, like how to cook the blasted beans ;-)

I don't know jack about helicopters. To have a healed tech show me how to repair one before I am able, makes sense to me.

As many pointed out already, if the infected get more dangerous, players will have the biggest insentive to kill them, aka survive.

How about a reward system in knowledge though, instead of loot? Since zs are not dead but instead infected, why not have a senario where scientists find a treatment? Once player gets access to this treatment, they would need to capture infected and cure them over time. After the infected heals and before leaving, as a token of gratitude they could impart some knowledge, like how to cook the blasted beans ;-)

I don't know jack about helicopters. To have a healed tech show me how to repair one before I am able, makes sense to me.

Ew, that's...

No.

1 opinion down, another 999999 to go.

If only someone would care to elaborate... I mean, tons of fps's, this one has a real chance to greatness, but no, let us stick a rotor part and fly away...

If you suggest any scenario concerning NPCs in DayZ, don't expect a warm reception.

"Greatness" is subjective. Most people won't share your opinion on this particular matter.

If you'd like more information, I'd suggest you try reading the forums a bit.

Folks don't like to repeat themselves, and most points you could question have already been answered countless times.

Not so...

Ha, thought of leaving my reponce to that ;-)

For most people, npcs are anathema and this is not the appropriate subject venue to discuss it, (for like the nth time!)

What I suggested was an incentive for further "interacting" with the infected. You could kill them and be safe, or you could try to capture/treat and then, just before they are on their way and dissappear, get a bit of specialized know how that they might have, or not.

If you think of these as npcs, then so are all the infected lurking, perhaps we should throw them out of the game too.

If you cure, converse, interact with and receive info/items/rewards from a computer controlled character, I consider that an NPC in the style of any other game.

Zeds, in my opinion, are just mobs. To kill or be killed by, and not much else.

Passed 9500 kills today.

I wouldn't like to see any cognisant NPCs in DayZ.

• Like 1

I wouldn't like to see any cognisant NPCs in DayZ.

+1

Other than zombies, which are supposed to be pretty much brain dead, I love the fact that DayZ is completely player-driven.

I think every character is capable on crafting items, it's just based on knowledge. Not an amount of zombies killed.

I do believe there has to be some type of bonus for eliminating zombies. Perhaps every 50-100 zombie kills boosts your humanity by 50-100 points.

Bonus items for an amount of kills is something I wouldn't recommend either.

I do believe there has to be some type of bonus for eliminating zombies. Perhaps every 50-100 zombie kills boosts your humanity by 50-100 points.

Right, major point.

They aren't 'undead', they are infected human beings.

So why should you gain humanity for killing humans, sick or otherwise?

You shouldn't even gain humanity for killing a bandit. Killing isn't nice, makes feck all difference if you killing a pedo or a clown. Its still a breathing human with a face and eyes and all that shit.

Octarine had an interesting idea about killing infected and their respawn. It's in this thread. If I may, how about the less spawns for an efficient z-kiler to be faster and more dangerous? It makes sense, cause all the easier ones are assumed to be allready dealt with.

I don't like all this "arcade" style stuff.

The ability to clear (killed zombies don't respawn --at least not for a long time--) would give me an incentive to kill zombies and that should be one of the main ones.

If I encounter a group of zombies and I aggro them, I should be forced to flee for my fucking life.

1. Make zombies insane, scary, player-slaughtering creatures of evil, darkness, and demonic possession (the shit of nightmares).

2. Tons more zombies serverwide (3x - 4x) at least

3. Ability to clear zombies.

4. ??

5. Profit/Purpose To Kill Zombies

Edited by WeaponTheyFear7

There is a way to add zombie killing incentive and add end game scenario to DayZ SA.

There is around 7 billion people in the world today.

So the total population of "zombies / crazy infected" in the world could be 7 billion - people uninfected.

So when the total number of zombies killed + survival attempts adds to 7 billion the people playing the game (alive at the time) have exterminated all the zombies in the world and have reached the end game.

Currently for the DayZ mod the numbers are 1,280,705 players alive, 39,243,141 survival attempts, 2,147,483,647 zombies killed.

I am guessing the survival attempts counts for all the players alive and killed combined (need to check if this is so).

Calculating these numbers 7,000,000,000 - 2,147,483,647 - 39,243,141 = 4,813,273,212.

So there is still almost 5 billion zombies and player attempts to complete the end game objective.

The end objective award can be subject to discussion (maybe an ending screen, a reset of all servers, added items to players who were alive when this happened,...)

What do you think?

Edited by Va3V1ctis

I like it, but my opinions do not seem to be very representative of the majority.

• Like 1

I like it, but my opinions do not seem to be very representative of the majority.

Every idead or opion counts! :beans: