rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

I wonder if the crowbar will have multiple uses like the hatchet?

If so' date=' what? :)

[/quote']

I smell extended access to ALL buildings!

I was ALWAYS having around 40, on like 5% of servers it was below. Now on 95% im 10fps.

Cant see myself fighting with Zeds with crowbar on 5fps stutter.

*crying babby*

Cool argument' date=' bro. I wish I could make such a huge impact in the community like you, just by posting random pictures to troll people.

[/quote']

Maybe one day I'll make a real difference by whining like a spoiled baby and slinging insults at the guy that made the mod I'm playing. Until then, have another baby, baby.

baby-tantrum-thumb52850.jpg

[/quote']

Maybe randomly spawned supply/ammo crates around the map that can only be opened with a crowbar?

[/quote']

Hiiiighly unlikely

I hope this thread is still read by Rocket.

I have been thinking about this for some time. Not sure if anyone else had the same ideas.

1) Make the watch not an item. We all have it, it's not a tool or a lootable item. Same function that it currently serves, but it is not listed under tools or in any inventory. Just hit o twice to bring it up. I think most people having a watch in the zombie apocalypse sounds reasonable. Also, very few people actually utilize the watch, at least from my experiences. I know I dont get super excited when I find one.

2) Replace the slot that the watch held in the tool section with the flashlight. Currently, the flashlight takes up 4 inventory slots! That is crazy! Make it so that we can carry it as a tool and it won't interfere with having a pistol in hand. Having to swap to pistol while walking around with a flashlight is ridiculous, imo. I think we can all carry a gun and a flashlight at the same time in real life. This will marginalize the G17's uniqueness, but I think it is necessary.

3) When a main weapon is out, we can't use the flashlight. Risk vs reward here. It also makes guns like the Remmington 870 very valuable.

4) Revert prone visibility to before 1.7.1. Reason why I think it should be this way is that prone also makes you and easy target by players, coupled with the slow move speed. Prone crawling through a town takes a lot of time, it also leaves a player open to easy shots from other players, so it could now be rewarded by being very hard to detect by zombies.

5) Spawnable loot should be similar to the way it was before 1.7.1. Sub machine guns and the like should be rare finds. Also, uniforms should be rare too. Any kind of military grade weapons should make a player jump for joy when they find one. Currently, it seems like M4A1's are a dime a dozen. I could be mistaken, but that is what I have been hearing from everyone.

6) I liked the loot spawn pre 1.7.1, but just scale back the food and water finds a little bit, just not a lot.

7) Replace current bag with vest pouch or get rid of the vest pouch all together. As it stands now, nobody will ever grab a smaller bag then the current Patrol Pack.

My input, for what it is worth.

Nothing but greatful for all these updates!

Anybody heard anything on tents? 1.7.1 and 1.7.1.1 said they got fixed. I still can't deploy mine anywhere.

Nice job going full retard and not removing the increased LOS.

Stay autistic' date=' rocket! I hope your durr zombie game will stay more important than all the other mechanics that worked before 1.7.1

How about you actually start up the game and realize how the new aggro mechanics force every 2nd player into clusterfuck PvP-ing in the north the same as in the coast, because nobody fucking has the patience to crawl 24/7 and still be attacked by zombies because of the unjudgeable new distance.

[/quote']

Boooo hoooo, go tell your mammy what the bad developer did.......

Nice job going full retard and not removing the increased LOS.

Stay autistic' date=' rocket! I hope your durr zombie game will stay more important than all the other mechanics that worked before 1.7.1

How about you actually start up the game and realize how the new aggro mechanics force every 2nd player into clusterfuck PvP-ing in the north the same as in the coast, because nobody fucking has the patience to crawl 24/7 and still be attacked by zombies because of the unjudgeable new distance.

[/quote']

Boooo hoooo, go tell your mammy what the bad developer did.......

Oi! We'll have none of that in a hotfix thread, mister!

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Thank you for the introduction of melee weapons. This gives bandits the ability to sneak up behind someone and kill without attracting anyone other bandits or zeds.

Or at least thats what bandits will like about it. personally I'm going to use it to kill cows instead of wasting a bullet on them :D

*crying babby*

Cool argument' date=' bro. I wish I could make such a huge impact in the community like you, just by posting random pictures to troll people.

[/quote']

at least he's not being one of those useless whiny bitches we have so many of.

Patch looks amazing! Very eager to try out night time and the melee weapons.

*In Crysis suit voice* - "Maximum animals"

zombies are good. its all good now. I used to sneak up a group of zombies at high noon but 2 of them broke my legs at pitch dark night time now. they were like 5 meters away from me and they saw me. With new tone mapping, and I have high hopes on this one..game will look-feel awesome. the way it should. please fix this tone mapping once and for all and lock the gamma-brig thingie.

As some of the people have already posted the Gender selection needs to be worked out i think but good work on this fix cant wait to try it out!

Holy shit, Rocket! WOW!

And here i was thinking that melee wepaons couldn't be introduced due to the Arma engine.

Bring it on Zeds!!

Closed testing now, we're checking the strength of the melee weapons. Me and Ander are off to carve up some infected. I've got crowbar, he's got hatchet.