rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

Little bit of a problem with Melee. Hit them and the infected fly up in the air for 50 meters then down. Fus do rah!

Problem? I think you mean feature.

I love how Deans idea of a hotfix is to chuck a bunch of awesome new shit into the game, hahaha. Cheers bro.

fix the crap thats broken first i could care less about melee right now

This... Really.

partly I have to agree! however if you are sure that that stuff is already fixed and you only want to add some eye candy to this update then go right ahead XD

It would be better to keep the general understanding of hotfixes:

wiki: A hotfix is a change made to the game deemed critical enough that it cannot be held off until a regular content patch.

and then add your melee in a normal patch!

and just add the melee to a normal patch!

Will either one of those melee weapons be available when spawning?

YES! Melee weapons. Atleast. And I hope that they are being spread around the world vigorously and that you're going to expand on melee combat. Without a pistole, your literally defensless at the beginning, robing around houses and past an axe, giving you the impression you of teasing and laughing at your problem.

Fix known bugs before writing new code. That's a good rule to live and develop by, starting from day 1, even in alpha.

Hotfix should be a hotfix, not bring new features.

That said, can't wait for melee & the loot fixes. It's not that anyone would listen to anyone's advice on an internet forum, anyway.

Rocket, quick question, whats the plan with melees against survivors? Will we be able to have duels with each other? If so, that would be EPIC!

Thanks so much for introducing the melee as quite a few of us suggested. <3

Time to go test it out.

EDIT:

Considering the amount of of people QQing about being defenceless from spawn, maybe rocket deemed the melee addition critical to hold off the constant whining. ;D Even if we don't spawn with melee, finding a hatchet is easy enough (easier than a gun).

So are zombies going to be able to spot you from miles away still :D

This. I agree with making zombies more of a threat, but all the increased aggro distance does is make sneaking into towns more annoying than tense.

Crawling more ǂ more challenging.

If anything, zombies' hearing should have been buffed, not their sight. Make all those PvPers in Cherno be extra cautious for all those rounds they expend in the big city.

Please do something about the zombies movement being so jagged. I find it really takes out the immersion when a zombie is zig-zagging towards you and their animations are seemingly playing at double speed.

If zombies could just face their target and follow them smoothly that'd be awesome, and perhaps the animations need to be slowed down slightly.

Prone was not reverted as stated in 1.7.1 hotfix. Rocket' date=' is it getting changed or not?

[REVERT'] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed) (stated in 1.7.1)

I noticed that it did not get reverted too... I think it should go back to the original design because people get lazy anyways and crouch., now there is almost no reason to prone since it is slow and if you aggro you don't have enough time to get up so your definitely getting attacked.

I am willing to adapt to survive though

Please do something about the zombies movement being so jagged. I find it really takes out the immersion when a zombie is zig-zagging towards you and their animations are seemingly playing at double speed.

If zombies could just face their target and follow them smoothly that'd be awesome' date=' and perhaps the animations need to be slowed down slightly.

[/quote']

I agree about the animations looking a bit off, but there's nothing wrong with them zig-zagging around, makes it that much harder to hit. I love how it's a lot more challenging than before... when zombies were just an inconvenience as opposed to a genuine threat.

Hatchets, crowbars are awesome... nice work and I can hardly wait to try them out.

BUT

Arma2 has a rifle butt attack that at least one scripter has turned into a melee attack. Can you consider integrating the rifle butt attack so when we run out of ammo or opt for stealth, we can still club our way to safety. It would also mean we don't have to switch away from our main weapon to attack...

Now that would be AWESOME