rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

guys how are going to kill zombies/people by pressing G and then right clicking on the hatched ICON? its just a woodcutting animation!

it is only logical

I can guarantee that the melee weapon introduced is going to be buggy as fuck, and won't be the kind of melee people are used to.

Hey Rocket?

What about zombies bugging out in buildings? All day I've been running into groupings of 3-6 zombies in buildings and either dying because I don't see them until it's too late or not being able to go into the building at all. Please look into this.

PS. I'm guessing it's because players are running into buildings while being swarmed and logging out.

With the duplicates being removed, does this mean we will be taking a second shot at fixing DCing, or was that a remnant from the 5 second rule that was reverted?

Also, Hell yeah on the nighttime toning.

Awesome, any news on traps, mister Rocket?

Would be awesome to watch those barracks server hoppers squeal in pain as they log in trying to get some phat loot, as I then proceed to smash their faces off with a hatchet.

"[NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions"

Does this stop people from upping their brightness/gamma, yeat still let us legit players see in the dark?

"[NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions"

Does this stop people from upping their brightness/gamma' date=' yeat still let us legit players see in the dark?

[/quote']

TECHNICALLY: Adjusting the brightness and gamma semi-simulates your eyes adjusting to the dark.

The only problem is that people adjust it too much, and it becomes a sort of "ghetto" nightvision. However, that's not to stop you from doing it as it's an actual setting. No need to feel guilty about using it unless rocket calls it a straight up exploit.

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

I have never played a game with such thoroughly entertaining patch notes... I nominate you, rocket, as dev of the year. :cool:

rocket' date=' you are amazing.

I will name my first born in your honor.

[/quote']

Same

Stop stealing my ideas. :<

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet

Who is that chopping in cherno???

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Wow..

612~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters.jpg

Will the hatchet attack be a true melee attack or a "proximity" attack, like the one employed by the zombies?

Rocket if you see this let you know try fix the problem with some people (from 1.7.1 I guessing) are invisible and cannot see themselves in 3rd person and also for me (and others) when we accuired gear like binoculars or hatchet (something at bottom of inventory) it pushed the primary gear slot the one for painkillers and morphine out and destroyed them. Hopefully you'll see this because the invisble thing effects player deaths and zombies cannot see you. Also the debug monitor does'nt work if invisible!

Now I'm keen to go to school to tell my friends about yet another changelog!

- Keep up the awesome work Dean.

Could you give us the option to move the HUD around the screen? Like say top, bottom, left side? Also awesome update. I wonder how well Melee combat will work? Right now if a zombie gets anywhere near you youre going to get hit and most likely start bleeding lol

I think I'll name my son Dean...or simply Rocket.

Also, DO NOT revert prone. One bar while prone is realistic and challenging, I actually need to plan my routes into a town rather than just HUR DUR LOL'ING into the super market

ok, Probably melee will probably stop your feet.

you can't hit & run, and it will lead to damage from the zed.

you aren't gordon freeman or ninjas

Out of curiosity, will this also fix the server asking for Male or Female before the spawn?

Funny how a simple hotfix looks better than a regular update, and the rest of the details haven't even been release, nor is it done yet.