tracksuithitman

CD Key Stealing

probably not the place to report this, but i'm tired of having my CD Keys stolen.

i need some help. i need to know what i can do to protect my CD Keys. it's like it's only happening to me, not to my friends.

• Like 1

Not download hacks.

In fact, don't download anything ARMA-related unless it's a popular and trustworthy site.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 6

They can only be stolen via a 3rd party programmes so if you've downloaded something that you can't trust 100% then that is where you need to be looking.

How many keys have you had stolen and where did you get them from? If you didn't get them via a legit source then you're part of the problem I'm afraid.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

If you've had your key stolen then it's advisable to format your hard-drive and reinstall your OS before buying the game again as whatever software was used to steal the key may well have planted itself somewhere that you aren't likely to find it and is just sending any new keys you buy straight to a hacker.

• Like 2

1. Stop downloading from Youtube
  2. Do not cheat in DayZ
  3. Play Legit
  4. See 1 through 3.

While cheaters now are randomly generating keys it takes hundreds of thousands for them to get one valid key, then they still must test against BE for bans.. It's time consuming for them and the chances of them randomly selecting your key multiple times is unlikely. The generators are a fools errand and stealing keys is easier to them and will likely continue on as their preferred method. It's doubtful you're being targeted, if so it is someone you know & trust. You likely downloaded something for science :rolleyes: and its still stealing your key. If all else fails do not buy keys from cd-key stores, clean install that OS and next time buy a key from a real retailer (ie. Steam, Amazon, etc.. etc..).

I guarantee both your situation & solution are in this post.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech
  • Like 2

my pal told me it could have been from mods that i've downloaded for Arma 2: OA.

Use Play WithSIX for mods. DayZcommander for DayZ. Never fear again.

• Like 1

my pal told me it could have been from mods that i've downloaded for Arma 2: OA.

Only if you've downloaded them from sites you can't trust as with any other software. Keystealers can be hidden as perfomance boostong software, hacks ect.

As with any download, if you don't trust the source then don't click the link/download. Internet security #101.

BTW, you still haven't said where you're getting your keys from?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Everything HAS to be downloaded through a trusted and reliable site.

The net isn't a 100pc safe place.

L

• Like 1

Only if you've downloaded them from sites you can't trust as with any other software. Keystealers can be hidden as perfomance boostong software, hacks ect.

As with any download, if you don't trust the source then don't click the link/download. Internet security #101.

BTW, you still haven't said where you're getting your keys from?

everywhere, my friend told me that he has a guy that will sell me some.

i've even bought the games (OA & 2) again.

Err, I think we've found your problem...

How many keys have you had stolen so far?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 5

This guy selling CD Keys is why your CD keys are being banned. Who ever is selling the keys is selling it to more people than just you. And if you have bought Arma 2 OA again then it is possible that what ever stole your key in the first place is still hidden in your computer continuing to still your keys.

Everything HAS to be downloaded through a trusted and reliable site.

The net isn't a 100pc safe place.

L

This. ^^

From what I've heard the two most common ways for your key to be stolen are through dodgy .exe files disguised as performance enhancers for DayZ, and ironically similar dodgy .exe files disguised as hacks.

I wouldn't recommend downloading anything other than DayZ Commander for use with DayZ.

Edited by mZLY

Err, I think we've found your problem...

How many keys have you had stolen so far?

the guy i bought them from accidentally copy+pasted ALL of his keys.

everytime i use them, bam, a day later, stolen. though, the "legit" keys (from Steam) last me about a month.

deleting the key changer, which could be my problem. hopefully i can get the money for another game.

Edited by Metallideth

everytime i use them, bam, a day later, stolen. though, the "legit" keys (from Steam) last me about a month.

Don't buy keys from someone. They are scamming you and many others out of money. I once got in an argument with someone who sells keys and he claimed to be making a couple hundred dollars from it a week. They are scam artist and I think it might be illegal but I'm not sure about that.

Anyone else thinking that this guys got some serious spyware problems?

Steam keys have never given me problems, ever.

Downloading from 3rd party sites is your main problem. I trust them about as much as I trust torrents.

Also, you are doing a great disservice to Bohemia.

• Like 6

If you've had 9 keys supplied by a dodgy bloke on the internet then that is 100% your problem. Ironically you've been buying stolen keys and probably installed a key stealer on your system as a reward. Did you honestly think those keys were legit? I doubt it.

People that buy keys in this way are part of the problem.

Format your HD, re-install your OS, get a legit copy of the game. That is what you need to do.

Not sure there's anything else to be added to this thread TBH.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Case closed.

Edit - Just to follow this up you are now banned from the Balota Buddies Whitelist database as you have multiple GUIDS on there which contravenes the rules.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4