Epic89

Couple of questions..from a noob.

Hi,

I have been playing Day Z for a couple of days now and I have some questions that I hope can be answered.

1) How do I save my progress? I use play with six to play the mod.

2) I normally die from hunger and lack of water, I end up running around in the woods until I come across a small village which hardly ever has any food laying around so how do you locate cities or towns without a map?

3) How do I get to the player selection screen when I die?

Also are there any friendly servers to join for team up's and co op play?

Thank you

Edited by Epic89

Hi,

I have been playing Day Z for a couple of days now and I have some questions that I hope can be answered.

1) How do I save my progress? I use play with six to play the mod.

2) I normally die from hunger and lack of water, I end up running around in the woods until I come across a small village which hardly ever has any food laying around.

Also are there any friendly servers to join for team up's and co op play?

Thank you

-Autosaves your character

-http://dayzdb.com/map Helped me for the first few weeks.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

1) Progress is automaticly saved on the server you're playing on. (If the server is connected to the hive, you can have your gear on any server that's also connected to the hive)

2) You need to eat food and drink dammit, please make sure you get to know the map and the larger cities, like Chernogorsk, and Elektrogorsk, etc Try finding something on youtube ?

Edit: DayZCommander is the preferred way of playing DayZ, it's easier to use, and more user friendly.

Edited by Argamore

1) You dont have to save progress. Its saved automatically.

2) Head for big cities! also use this map: to know where you are http://dayzdb.com/

And yes there are friendly servers but i recomend you to play on normal ones! Its much more fun! But I also recomend you to find a friendly passworded server cos the ones with no passes are very prone to hacker attacks!

Edit: Damn guys you are quick! :P

Edited by Zarniwoop

1) Don't need to.

2) That's not a question.

You need a clubbin' for the trollin'

• Like 1

There are friendly/no-PvP servers around but I'd imagine you'd get bored quite quickly as it's a big part of the game and they tend to give you ridiculous amounts of 'starter gear', night-vision and all, and there isn't a whole lot left to do. I'd recommend using our Clan / Group Recruitment sub-forum to seek out some like minded players to play with instead.

You can find it here...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/69-clan-group-recruitment/

As said above - your progress is saved automatically, if you're playing on the main hive then your character will carry across to any other main hive servers, tents and vehicles will only be stored on the one server though. If you're playing on a private hive then your character will most likely exist only on that particular server.

You'll learn where to find food etc. as you become more familiar with the game. Good luck!

• Like 1

2) I normally die from hunger and lack of water, I end up running around in the woods until I come across a small village which hardly ever has any food laying around so how do you locate cities or towns without a map?

3) How do I get to the player selection screen when I die?

Sorry, edited my questions

If it autosaves, how do I get back onto my original game?

Thank you

You can use a map of Chernarus like either of these...

http://dayzmap.info/

http://dayzdb.com/map

...To find your way around. The area that you're in pops up in the bottom-right hand corner when you connect to a server. Finding a map, compass and/or GPS in-game are pretty helpful too, other than that you'll have to use online maps and landmarks. I find using the edges of tree lines works to be the easiest way. Real world orienteering skills (using things like the sun position and stars) also work in game, and the wind in Chernarus always blows east so you can check which way the clouds are moving too.

You should hit 'Esc' and quit until you're back to the server's lobby screen where you can see the list of players in the server, then you should reconnect and you will be able to create a new character. A bit convoluted, I know, but DayZ is still a mod, lol.

It sounds like you've played on a private hive server, just make sure you join the same server again next time (DayZ Commander has a useful 'favourite servers' feature) and you should pick up exactly where you left off.

Edited by mZLY