willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

Community Food and Drink Textures!

LINK TO MIRROR REDDIT THREAD: http://www.reddit.co...community_cans/

GUIDE TO GETTING ASSETS INGAME (Thanks to Elvaron): http://dayzmod.com/f...nversion-guide/

ANOTHER GUIDE TO GETTING ASSETS INGAME (Thanks to SausageKingofChicago): http://dayzmod.com/f...g-them-in-game/

MY WORK IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

This thread is dedicated to creating new textures for ingame food and drink items, and also to add to the growing variety of random trash loot that we are seeing with each new update.

Guys, I need help. I need someone who can model simple items for me to texture! Help create new junk loot/food loot, it's all up to you.

In the meantime, I'm working on a couple more food cans, maybe a couple of sodas, and I'm interested in making a couple more chocolate bars/bags of chips. But! I need something to work off, for instance (off the top of my head):

• Cereal boxes - DONE (Thanks to AlphaX)
  • Soup pouches (for combination with water) - DONE (Thanks to AlphaX)
  • Commercial water/drinks bottles (to replace military canteens everywhere) - maybe sports bottles or something like that too!
  • Jars (for things like pickles)
  • Different-shaped tins (something more like this: http://us.123rf.com/...of-sardines.jpg) - DONE (Thanks to AlphaX)
  • Juice cartons/juice boxes
  • Assorted cutlery
  • Mess tins
  • Enamel mug/crockery - Mug DONE (Thanks to AlphaX)
  • Toys
  • Books
  • Cameras would be a nice (albeit useless) addition (unless someone could script them)

Just a few thoughts, please, someone, help add your mark to DayZ!

Here are blank UV Maps with which to create your own designs! Put your main design in between the two grey lines.

BLANK FOOD CAN:

2pzyanb.png

BLANK SODA:

155085i.png

BLANK CANDYBAR (Remember to edit the blue/white design at the top to your own colourscheme!):

90zk7s.png

BLANK SNACK PACKET (The red line is the divide between front and back):

2ekj141.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A NEW SHIPMENT OF PAPA'S ORIGINAL CHERNARUSSIAN FOODS HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN SUPERMARKETS!

e66pol.jpg

nlamn8.jpg

2a766v4.jpg

10f51zs.jpg

Edited by Papa Ingasmeeg
  • Like 27

I'd love to get hands on the .p3ds and associated files just to dissect the process and to see how someone who knows what he's doing does it. :D

Might be a nice idea. I don't know about you but I really liked the new variety the cans brought and was sad to see them go. Thinking the community needs to do something to replace them. :)

• Like 3

2zjcklh.jpg

My little piece of art. This should make it in the mod actually. Cancer is very real and it can trigger from bad diet. If you eat many of these you get cancer. This is really immersive. Makes you think what you eat ;)

• Like 3

Nevermind, figured it out. :D I was doing something similar but now I have a more relevant example.

It would be pretty straight forward for us to retexture these items, with his permission of course. The UV map would make life easier.

2zjcklh.jpg

My little piece of art. This should make it in the mod actually. Cancer is very real and it can trigger from bad diet. If you eat many of these you get cancer. This is really immersive. Makes you think what you eat ;)

ahhmmm cancer is the medical/astronomical expression ...i think... maybe let's go with crabs? let's not offend anyone you know ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

Too much offence going around here :lol:

Yes and no. it's medical and not astronomical. It's astrology. Something similar to squeezing the goats testicles.

• Like 2

CANNED CRIMEAN SPARKLIN WINE! ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

The UV map would make life easier.

Yeah, I requested it in a PM earlier. Starting to work on ideas (albeit I'm not the best with GIMP, using old soviet style propaganda and old food cans.

Currently I've got only a couple ideas:

SODAS:

ГАГАРИН (Gagarin) 'Rocket Fuel' Soda

Водкапоп (Vodkapop) Soda with all the intense flavours of vodka!

Some kind of old ginger ale - haven't thought too much about this one yet.

FOOD:

Haven't put too much thought into this but maybe:

Canned Potatoes?

Some traditional Russian dishes

I'm thinking I'd like to put together 10 textures in total - 5 sodas and 5 food types. However, I'm a busy man, so progress may be slow. Anyone with photoshop or GIMP skills, with a bit of free time, please, consider helping out the community and make some more so we can add more variety! :D

I shot Joey a message too. I can run with it now but would rather have permission. I also think doing this as community project could possibly bring the community together. It'll also focus a lot of our energy while we wait for the SA. :)

• Like 1

Now in a serious manner, can i have links for the p3ds Sausage ? And with what programm you retexture them ? Arma Editor Tools or Photoshop ?

I would Joe but i don't have an account there. And i don't want to make one :P

Edited by Meik0

Pretty please? Mine isn't an energy drink and is in Russian...

Lol, go for it mate, I'd love to see it :)
  • Like 1

I shot Joey a message too. I can run with it now but would rather have permission. I also think doing this as community project could possibly bring the community together. It'll also focus a lot of our energy while we wait for the SA. :)

My thoughts exactly. I want to give something back to the community and devs, but I didn't think I could do it on my own. Hopefully more people will see this and it will catch on.

Joe, if you have a Reddit account I would love it if you could post it there, after all, they are part of the community too and seeing as the previous controversy arose after a lack of communication I would love to have their input. If you would, I think I could see some canned sparkling Crimean grape drink (wine in a can is a bit tasteless (not literally)) in it for you.

Edited by Ingasmeeg

Now in a serious manner, can i have links for the p3ds Sausage ? And with what programm you retexture them ? Arma Editor Tools or Photoshop ?

I would Joe but i don't have an account there. And i don't want to make one :P

I'm not going to link to anything until Joey approves of it. You can edit the label in theGimp or Photoshop or even MSpaint if you like. To view and test them in game you will need the BiTools installed but to share creations we only need to upload the new label/texture to imgur and share away.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Ok great i've got them both. Thank you. I'll search OpenDayZ for premade cans and guides.

really i should now create an account on reddit :( ?... well someone has to do waht needs to be done... *adjusts his helmet, takes a deep breath and leaves the trench.: "yee haww b*tches..." :P ..maybe we get someone with an account

Edited by joe_mcentire

Tropic Thunder Booty Sweat or regional equivalent.

Edited by q1p0