r4z0r49

DayZ 1.7.6.1 Bug List

I was actualy asking a serious question, but thx anyway.

I said in other post - yes I can and it's strange. Just another one food. Just big bag. Would be cool, where it giving same blood as steaks, but not.

First report of this can you give more info ? rpt log, how many players and all that?

i cant join any server since 1.7.6.1.

when i try i get "something went wrong" message, and then "you run incorrect version bla bla... you run 1.7.6.1 and server is 1.7.6-finalising". what to do to fix this? which is the last version, 1.7.6.1 or that 1.7.6-finalising?

• Like 1

when i try i get "something went wrong" message, and then "you run incorrect version bla bla... you run 1.7.6.1 and server is 1.7.6-finalising". what to do to fix this? which is the last version, 1.7.6.1 or that 1.7.6-finalising?

Is your Arma 2 version up to snuff?

Downgrade to 1.7.6 << this is the last version also know as 1.7.6-finalising

Getting out of helicopters shoots the pilot in random direction / get glitched underneath chopper.

i found only few servers on 1.7.6.1. and it says it is last version? will other servers upgrade to that version?

how 1.7.6-finalising is last version if i need to downgrade to it from 1.7.6.1? doesn't that make 1.7.6.1. last one?

• Like 2

First report of this can you give more info ? rpt log, how many players and all that?

Well, my RPT is 2 Megs so i wont post that right now, to be fair it's full of duplicate lines as well and most are similar to this:

Ref to nonnetwork object 5248ab00# 1057937: cncblock_stripes.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 560c0100# 1057842: fort_barricade.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 3095f200# 1115876: hiluxt.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 51108100# 1057848: uaz_wrecked.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 2818c100# 1057909: ground_garbage_square3.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 28870100# 1115911: cncblock_stripes.p3d

We where playing in AWA whitlisted servers with 40 to 55 players and it took about 5 minutes after server restart for the server to desync hard.

Prior to this desync it was working quite ok.

We then switched to another AWA server with 20 players and it too started desyncing but after 30 minutes or so.

Once the servers where bogged down they stopped working completely and players stood on the spot and no chat messages came through. Unable to loot and zombies where mostly being daft and not reacting to anything.

Lower trash food hp gains.

MRE - Scale needs lowering

MRE - Needs lowering.

Razor Blades - needs lowering

Good input. The MRE spawning at military locations (barracks, fire station, watchtower, hangars) is intentional. They're military rations.

But if you're finding 8 of them at a time, the drop chance needs to be divided at least by 9 :P

Same for razor, all loot chances are sorta deliberate, let us know what is there "too often" or "too rare" in relation to the item's values, this stuff is important for us to know and really impossible to test properly if you know what statistic significance means. We can test it a hundred times and it wouldn't be even remotely close enough to estimate the actual probability. Need everyone testing it, it's an alpha mod for a reason :D Btw, more trash loot might be added in the future (fingers crossed, who knows what happens tomorrow) so that would eleviate the problem of too many razor to be too much trash, and there can't be too much trash for a supposedly infuriatingly hard post-apoc survival game.

As to models, I'm not god of ArmA 2 modelling, quite the opposite, nor am I perfect in any way or against critism. So, please, let me know about any new models that look off in any way and we'll try to improve them. The MRE was made at a point where I didn't even think it would go ingame, on top of that object scale is hard to gauge properly. Now that it's pointed out to me, I agree, the MRE needs a serious touch up, it looks like there was air trapped inside the bag where the opposite should be the case, being vacuum sealed. As to scale, how should it be sized in you guys' opinions? 60% the current size? 80%? 40%?

So please, let us know about any models and textures that are sub-par and we'll try to improve the quality for the next update. Maybe not in this bug thread ( this comes to mind: http://dayzmod.com/f...e/page__st__440 ).

Edited by Elvaron

If you were asking about the post I made, I play on a lot of server, usually whatever day servers I can find. Usually I am fine when I join the game, but more than five times now I have spawned in the air above the ocean, and then respawned on the coast. I keep all my gear but it is annoying having to run back and forth. It only happens when i join and switch from the survivor skin, to the hero skin.

Same issue with the Hero skin: on an HFBServer, Private Hive; reality - 1.7.6. But in my case, the user was stuck in a rubber band loop over the water or swimming in midair, in the most southwest corner of the map. I had to edit the database to move the player & change their skin. Then logging in worked correctly.

I'll update once HFB releases the 1.7.6.1 update to the servers.

Double tapping W (and holding it) then click X (crouch) It will lower the "Eye" and "Ear" HUD lines even if you are still running. (sorry for my english lol check in game if you didnt understand)

I don't know if It is effect zombie's detection.

For some reason, when our server owner Goochswarm logged on, he could see items that we couldn't and was able to pick them up infinitely. He logged and that fixed the issue.

Same issue with the Hero skin: on an HFBServer, Private Hive; reality - 1.7.6. But in my case, the user was stuck in a rubber band loop over the water or swimming in midair, in the most southwest corner of the map. I had to edit the database to move the player & change their skin. Then logging in worked correctly.

I'll update once HFB releases the 1.7.6.1 update to the servers.

I've had similar reports from people with the Hero skin, but they died before fully spawning in. It only took me 3 tries logging into my server to have it happen to me. Semi spawned in the air over debug island only to fall, break legs and die. Spawned just fine into Kamenka with no gear afterward. That Hero skin can be a curse it would seem.

Well, my RPT is 2 Megs so i wont post that right now, to be fair it's full of duplicate lines as well and most are similar to this:

Ref to nonnetwork object 5248ab00# 1057937: cncblock_stripes.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 560c0100# 1057842: fort_barricade.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 3095f200# 1115876: hiluxt.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 51108100# 1057848: uaz_wrecked.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 2818c100# 1057909: ground_garbage_square3.p3d
Ref to nonnetwork object 28870100# 1115911: cncblock_stripes.p3d

We where playing in AWA whitlisted servers with 40 to 55 players and it took about 5 minutes after server restart for the server to desync hard.

Prior to this desync it was working quite ok.

We then switched to another AWA server with 20 players and it too started desyncing but after 30 minutes or so.

Once the servers where bogged down they stopped working completely and players stood on the spot and no chat messages came through. Unable to loot and zombies where mostly being daft and not reacting to anything.

This seems like something different we all run servers and don't get this issue? What your talking about is a full shutdown of the hole arma 2 system including the basic movement. There is more happening then the patch being incorrect. Can you give us more info system specs server setup anything you can so we can try to find out whats going on

I've had similar reports from people with the Hero skin, but they died before fully spawning in. It only took me 3 tries logging into my server to have it happen to me. Semi spawned in the air over debug island only to fall, break legs and die. Spawned just fine into Kamenka with no gear afterward. That Hero skin can be a curse it would seem.

We are looking into this all reports have come back as running private hive software we cant account for this and need your feedback but testing on our own servers running the official tools do not have this issue as far as we can tell. We need as much info you can post on this matter serverside changes custom antitp tools you have anything at all.

Quivers aren't adding arrows properly.

for example you can add 2Rnd m104 pellets to a stack of 6, to make a new full clip.

But trying to add single arrows to a quiver adds a new one while dropping initial quiver.

Edited by Raged

HI

2 thinghs to report:

I was in the woods sniping zeds in some vilage (i dont like to go near them) when i saw some player drive by that vilage in a tractor.

A few seconds later when he passed the vilage a zombie spawned a few meters infront of him.

The player couldnt react that fast, he was driving at max speed so he hit the zombie, and than the damn tractor flipped over?

I went back to some DE server, i havent played there in a week or so.

I spawned on the shore and felt kinda wierd from the begining.

Couldnt run, only walk, no zombies spawned around me as i walked thru Cherno, and the wierdest i couldnt see my arms.

I swiched to 3rd person viev and couldnt see my body? I could pick up stuf normaly, had my backpack etc (tho couldnt see it, only saw it in the gear menu)

When i got to a house i could enter i realised i was some 3 meters tall, i was taller that top of the door.?

Wierd or what

Also zombies pass thru fences, wrecked cars, trees, closed doors...

Edited by marko4231

HI

2 thinghs to report:

I was in the woods sniping zeds in some vilage (i dont like to go near them) when i saw some player drive by that vilage in a tractor.

A few seconds later when he passed the vilage a zombie spawned a few meters infront of him.

The player couldnt react that fast, he was driving at max speed so he hit the zombie, and than the damn tractor flipped over?

I went back to some DE server, i havent played there in a week or so.

I spawned on the shore and felt kinda wierd from the begining.

Couldnt run, only walk, no zombies spawned around me as i walked thru Cherno, and the wierdest i couldnt see my arms.

I swiched to 3rd person viev and couldnt see my body? I could pick up stuf normaly, had my backpack etc (tho couldnt see it, only saw it in the gear menu)

When i got to a house i could enter i realised i was some 3 meters tall, i was taller that top of the door.?

Wierd or what

Also zombies pass thru fences, wrecked cars, trees, closed doors...

1. Yea the spawn systems still needs work.

2. Yea Id stay away from that server ive only seen one report of this just now.

there is some objects we cant do anything about just not.

Quivers aren't adding arrows properly.

for example you can add 2Rnd m104 pellets to a stack of 6, to make a new full clip.

But trying to add single arrows to a quiver adds a new one while dropping initial quiver.

This is a little worrying we cant recreate but ill add to bug list for now.

Yet again I have another problem, since being the hero skin when i join servers most of the time I spawn in the air, then respawn on the coast with all of my gear. I decided to put on a ghillie suit, it all worked just fine until i died, and put on another now I keep spawning in the air, and then respawning on the coast. It seems like the only time I don't spawn on the coast is when I'm the normal survivor skin.

Hearing

Can we get some consistency with how the Zombies hear players?

I can eat, drink, repair and they come a-running.

But if I run over metal or tiled floors, they just ignore me even though I'm making a terrible racket! :)

If I bash a hard object like a wall then they should hear that too?

Surely the dayz code could be set to trigger zombies on certain sound effects getting played?

Personally I consider this a bug! :)

Smell

Can the DevTeam think about a sense of smell for Zombies? ie if the player is upwind of a Zombie and has eaten within 5 mins (especially with raw meat), they can be smelt by Zombies? As the wind is currently in the same direction, should be easy enough to implement?

Trash/Food items

Also regarding the issue of V1.7.6.1 and the removal of the extra food/trash items.

Can I suggest you move the descriptive names of the food/trash to a database table and reference that? That way Admins who don't like them can remove or rename them as they see fit. Would even be nice if Servers in their own countries could have their own particular popular food items listed? Makes sense to me.

Having a pile of servers at V1.7.6 and another pile at V1.7.6.1 isn't good folks...

Edited by quatermass

Hearing

Can we get some consistency with how the Zombies hear players?

I can eat, drink, repair and they come a-running.

But if I run over metal or tiled floors, they just ignore me even though I'm making a terrible racket! :)

If I bash a hard object like a wall then they should hear that too?

Surely the dayz code could be set to trigger zombies on certain sound effects getting played?

Personally I consider this a bug! :)

Smell

Can the DevTeam think about a sense of smell for Zombies? ie if the player is upwind of a Zombie and has eaten within 5 mins (especially with raw meat), they can be smelt by Zombies? As the wind is currently in the same direction, should be easy enough to implement?

Trash/Food items

Also regarding the issue of V1.7.6.1 and the removal of the extra food/trash items.

Can I suggest you move the descriptive names of the food/trash to a database table and reference that? That way Admins who don't like them can remove or rename them as they see fit. Would even be nice if Servers in their own countries could have their own particular popular food items listed? Makes sense to me.

Having a pile of servers at V1.7.6 and another pile at V1.7.6.1 isn't good folks...

We are allready working towards this for now the hearing of sounds has been edited. It will take a little time to get it correct. We cant force players to update :-(

• Like 1

Yet again I have another problem, since being the hero skin when i join servers most of the time I spawn in the air, then respawn on the coast with all of my gear. I decided to put on a ghillie suit, it all worked just fine until i died, and put on another now I keep spawning in the air, and then respawning on the coast. It seems like the only time I don't spawn on the coast is when I'm the normal survivor skin.

This seems more to do with servers running custom server side systems just now we are working to identify this issue all reports so far report modified server side scripting.