r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

If Razor/Rocket released a statement saying they can't get the actual product licenses (Coke, Pepsi) and they are using made up names, nobody would have made the connection.

The parties upset have some ulterior motives (jealousy, envy, spite, hate) and contributing to our community does not consist of whining until you get your way on Reddit.

I firmly support the use of DayZ Moderators, Community Hero's (and Bandits), Youtube Celebrities, Rockets Mom, Griffs dog, Matt's favorite color, spike the lizard and anybody or anything else the developers see fit in paying homage too for the success of something they achieved.

Everyone else, back off, grow up and get over it.

• Like 5

I don't understand why people are so upset?

are the cans mass murdering everyone on a server making the game unplayable or something?

I'm very dissapointed that the devs got rid of the cans just because of the few that were complaining about it, I for one have been waiting for this to happen for a long time. Then what do ya know? I come back from vacation and find out that i missed it :(

Those who are unhappy with something are more likely to speak up about it, as those who are satisfied don't usually say anything.

• Like 3

to be honest i don't care much for the DayZ mod since the community modders took over. they have taken a game that had a ton of realism and turned it into a close copy of all the other shooters out there. the combat roll is not even close to a real combat roll, its a somersault. the names of items added are just a joke when it comes to the way the game/mod started out. its almost a slap in the face to the original Devs. these community modders are turning the game into some kiddie cartoon that is not even close to realism. i don't think they care and that they are just tunning the game to their own personal liking. its a slap in the face of the community that plays it.

this is just my opinion but maybe the Original Devs need to lay some guide lines for the community modders to work with. do not give these people free rain to change the game to where its no longer the game is started out to be.

for these reasons i stopped playing the new patches on my server. they are just too far away from the game i started playing.

Edited by stinkybird
  • Like 2

It's a shame to see the foods go but hey, gotta keep everyone happy. But many thanks to Joey and Elvaron for the effort! Totally appreciated and it put a smile on my face, They may have taken my muffins away but ill still be here for the community :)

• Like 1

Now that this shitstorm has passed I'd like to just sum up my point in this comment.

- I do not blame or hate mods for this and I know they didn't have a say

- My opinion is that it ruins immersion and the atmoshpere of a game that was always intended to be more of a realistic zombie apocalypse simulator than anything else.

- I really like the actual models themselves, and I NEVER meant to come off as saying I think there should only be Coke/Pepsi and Beans/Pasta. I just don't like the names of them.

- I don't even think all the models need a name change I just think there are a few that are huge offenders which in my opinion are noticable to the point where it's obnoxious.

- I think a general work over of all the names would be perfect and there is no reason to change the models themselves other than to make them have a more "Eastern" feel

Thank you.

pretty much this.

• Like 1

i havent played for a couple of weeks so havent seen the changes (pretty sure im fine with it though)

but if i was working on this game in the standalone i wouldnt be using heinz or coke products unless they paid me for product placement.

Edited by DMC14

FYI another warning point given for getting personal.

I've never given out 2 in such a short time before.

I don't like doing it.

Don't make me do it again, guys n girls.

L

I don't understand why people are so upset?

are the cans mass murdering everyone on a server making the game unplayable or something?

I'm very dissapointed that the devs got rid of the cans just because of the few that were complaining about it, I for one have been waiting for this to happen for a long time. Then what do ya know? I come back from vacation and find out that i missed it :(

Those who are unhappy with something are more likely to speak up about it, as those who are satisfied don't usually say anything.

You obviously weren't here when the majority of this post was constantly attacking 3-4 of us who didn't like the idea.

• Like 1

If Razor/Rocket released a statement saying they can't get the actual product licenses (Coke, Pepsi) and they are using made up names, nobody would have made the connection.

The parties upset have some ulterior motives (jealousy, envy, spite, hate) and contributing to our community does not consist of whining until you get your way on Reddit.

I firmly support the use of DayZ Moderators, Community Hero's (and Bandits), Youtube Celebrities, Rockets Mom, Griffs dog, Matt's favorite color, spike the lizard and anybody or anything else the developers see fit in paying homage too for the success of something they achieved.

Everyone else, back off, grow up and get over it.

Didn't you hear? Personal attacks ended a while ago. And those conspiracy theories...hate, spite, envy, jelousy, lol that's just sad and doesn't even warrant a response.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 2

But the Karma was worth it right? Nothing like a little righteous indignation to get up votes amiright?

Haha I'm just kidding. No one would do that. :)

Still I give you credit for showing up here and apologizing. You're forgiven, go play DayZ.

I couldn't care less about Reddit karma. What does that get me? Some e-rep on a forum I read more than I post? That does nothing for me IRL.

I simply found it as the best way to get my opinion out there and it worked. I actually thought I would get more push back than support. Also, if I wanted Reddit karma I would have posted a Jennifer Lawrence .gif or something.

• Like 3

A poll on the official forum is representative is the entire DayZ community.

I too would prefer something less biased and something a little more impartial. It's a tricky one.

Your poll in itself becomes biased. If you want an "unbiased poll", then you post a poll on a third party site devoid of relation to either Reddit or these forums, and then communicate that poll to BOTH communities, so that the poll gets results from both sides regardless of membership.

Edited by Guidez
  • Like 4

Hello there

That was my point. BUT, that's a personal opinion. At the end of the day the decision is well out of my hands, I'm just a humble mod.

And am sure whatever decision is reached and however it is reached it will be the best for the mod overall.

Regardless, I'm stepping back now as I need sleep. almost 5am.

Goodnight all.

Be nice to eachother.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

to be honest i don't care much for the DayZ mod since the community modders took over. they have taken a game that had a ton of realism and turned it into a close copy of all the other shooters out there. the combat roll is not even close to a real combat roll, its a somersault. the names of items added are just a joke when it comes to the way the game/mod started out. its almost a slap in the face to the original Devs. these community modders are turning the game into some kiddie cartoon that is not even close to realism. i don't think they care and that they are just tunning the game to their own personal liking. its a slap in the face of the community that plays it.

this is just my opinion but maybe the Original Devs need to lay some guide lines for the community modders to work with. do not give these people free rain to change the game to where its no longer the game is started out to be.

for these reasons i stopped playing the new patches on my server. they are just too far away from the game i started playing.

I would love to say something about this guy but I won't. I would like to say I started playing in August last year and I think you guys have done a great job since you took over, and I like the way the mod is, and the way it is going.

I wasn't too buttmad about the update, but I did agree that it somewhat ruined the immersion in some cases. Most of it wasn't bad, but when it came down to certain titles of some of the food, it was just overdone.

• Like 3

I just think the true community should decide with a poll. I think the new items give it more of a variety. It's just that there appears to be a problem with Battleye kicking off players with it due to it not being up to date.

I just think the true community should decide with a poll. I think the new items give it more of a variety. It's just that there appears to be a problem with Battleye kicking off players with it due to it not being up to date.

Define "true community"

• Like 2

You quit over a somersault? I've played since a couple months after DayZ's release and I fuckin' love where this mod is going. There actually isn't a lot of difference and if you ask me, it's become better considering zombies actually aggro you from more than 5m away and they actually hear your bullets.

• Like 2

I am very happy you guys have decided to revert the change.

It was incredibly unnecessary, silly and just flat out broke immersion.

You guys do a great job of being community leaders by being moderators but inserting yourself into the actual mod? Come on..

• Like 3

You quit over a somersault? I've played since a couple months after DayZ's release and I fuckin' love where this mod is going. There actually isn't a lot of difference and if you ask me, it's become better considering zombies actually aggro you from more than 5m away and they actually hear your bullets.

i did not quit playing. i just wont run the new patches on my server.

You guys do a great job of being community leaders by being moderators but inserting yourself into the actual mod? Come on..

This right here, though, is straight misinformation. Once again, the DayZ forum moderators are not the Mod developers. They manage the forums. The Devs do the work. They just decided to add the forum moderators' names to some items in the game without asking them. The mods may not all contribute directly to the mod, but manage a very large community and so the developers wanted to recognize these people in the game. Sure enough, this proved to be a bad design decision, but the devs listened and reverted the item changes. This shows that the community devs are reasonable people and are open to criticisms.

As a side note, any time there are concerns like these, they should be posted here on the forums so that the DayZ vs Reddit forums over-generalization bullshit can be avoided entirely. Something else to note as well is that this entire community consists of the developers, moderators, and players. All of them. So it is nonsense when people say that criticism is invalid unless you've done coding/modeling work for the DayZ mod directly. That is backwards thinking. The mod requires both work and player feedback. That exchange between the developers and players is what makes it a community.

Edited by A9821
  • Like 5

I do appreciate the feedback from you guys. Sorry it offended so many of you.

Feel free to address your concerns & suggestions in my thread with the new food models.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121763-3d-model-different-food-qualities-215-update/

Honestly dude, your work is great and people are being petty on this issue. Been trying to defend ya but the reddit users seem to be down vote happy. If its not zombie aggro, people will find something to be pissed about.

• Like 1

I would not consider that an accurate poll as it Panders to only the members who have a reddit account, A poll on the official forum is representative is the entire DayZ community.

Also Reddit seems to be heavily Anti-Can Biased.

For the record I like the new stuff, all the names not so much but over all I like the diversity of loot. However, as a redditor who has barely touched my forum account since I created it here I find the assumption that the forum represents the whole community as offensive. DayZ is beyond rocket, beyond the dev team, beyond the site, beyond reddit, it's become something so massive that there is no central community but hubs where people choose to go to for their information. It's this attitude that created this issue in the first place, please don't try and turn this into an 'us vs. them' argument because all it does is hurt the community as a whole.

Edited by Bzerker01
  • Like 5

Honestly dude, your work is great and people are being petty on this issue. Been trying to defend ya but the reddit users seem to be down vote happy. If its not zombie aggro, people will find something to be pissed about.

Not really, its not his work its the people who decided to impliment it like they did. I posted this in response to him on Reddit earlier:

It wasn't your fault, we know that. It was whoever thought it would be a good idea to put them into the mod with their names. I actually really like some of your models but the names are just...why?

And I got a lot of positive response, must have been the way you worded yours.